1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What colors do you tend to buy in doll clothing?

Jan 7, 2017

1. I don't really fancy pink but I have many pink clothing for my little dolls!! :?
      Well, they do look really cute in pink though.. :sweat
      Okay, I really need to buy some new doll clothes for my little dolls!
      All in different colors!
      Only 1 pink! :XD:

2. I like black and white mostly :P, but mostly depends on the dolls characters

3. I haven't got a doll yet but I always end up looking at pastel clothes

4. I am totally guilty for having too much black and red... then again, black and red are what I tend to wear, so it's partially just from me defaulting to what I would wear and partially because most of my characters are grim reapers and I suppose it just works with backstories and what generally looks like it would suit them..

5. With Vince, anything and everything goes... but with Pete, almost everything I've ever bought him is white and/or pink. He had one hoodie that was mostly blue with just a little pink accent (which I lost while moving house, before I could even get pictures of him in it, so I guess it wasn't meant to be-- he just has to keep to his color scheme!)... and he has a pair of wine-colored stockings that he's claimed for the time being, and some shorts that only have pink as an accent to the blue, but really all his things fit into a definite color scheme.

... I guess I buy pink most of all, because my favorite of Vince's shirts happens to be pink as well... only Billy doesn't wear any pink.

I haven't really bought any clothes for Marigold, just some materials to make things for her (all oranges and reds at the moment), but there are pink flowers in her first wig...

6. I'm loving pastel colours for my dolls, because I love the aesthetic they have.

7. Most of my dolls are dressed in pink. I just love pink. I do like other pastel colors as well.

8. I tend to buy dark color clothes for my dolls, black, dark green, dark brown etc. even the small 1/6 has a lot of black clothes.

9. I prefer soft muted colors and pastels. I just don't care for really bright colors.

10. I personally lean towards pastel pinks, usually offset by soft greys when I catch myself loading on too much of a single color. I find that my eyes are immediately drawn to the color, so I'm a bit biased when I look for dolly clothes :lol: I also like to dress vicariously through my dolls,so anything I can't afford or are too self-conscious to wear, my dolls wear for me - which means even more pastel pink, usually in styles that I don't have the confidence for.

11. Either cute pastels or loud neon colors, complete opposites but oh well lol :XD:

12. Wait, you mean doll clothes come in something other than black ,white, and pink?!

Sarcasm aside. I make 9/10 of my own I am a skilled seamstress with a passion for jewel toned silk. Only Freedom Teller and a few really stellar seamstresses who all seem to be from Russia make stuff I really like. What's up with that? Does everyone in Russia sew like seraphim?

13. I also do all my own sewing for my dollies. I like to use bold colors, both jewel-tones, and really rich earthy colors. I also like to use fabric I already have on hand, so that's a determining factor as well. But each of my dolls has a particular style, so I play to that: stripes, plaids and solids mostly for the boys, florals and shimmers for the girls.

Well ok... every one gets shimmer ;) Sparkle is my favorite color!

14. I seem to always go for Gryffindor colours. I'm such a nerd. That and pink ^-^

15. I won't buy grey (we hates it we does!), and I try to avoid pastel pinks (although I have one doll who insists on wearing pink!) but I dress my gang in pretty much any other colour although each of the SD gang seems to gravitate toward a particular colour (or small palette of colours) in their clothing.

Teddy

16. For me it depends on the doll! My two actual BJDs right now are both darker personalities; one is a punk girl and the other has a more elegant gothic/witchy style, so their clothes are dark. I prefer lighter and cuter clothes, so I'm slowly on the hunt for a girl that suits that style too.

17. It depends on my doll's personality or favorite color - I also like to choose colors that bring out their individual beauty. I have a lavender-pink skinned girl & she frequently wears shades of purple or grey to enhance her unique coloring.

18. I used to be into the 'all black' clothes, but lately I am trying to be a bit more open minded

19. I think I like striking Colours most! I generally prefer getting uniquely beautiful outfits (that I personally never dared wearing out in public) for my dolls so they can live out my dream for me :D

20. I have been purchasing a lot of blues, blacks, and whites. It's the same way when I go clothes shopping for myself in real life. I cannot avoid the blues! :sweat