1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What colors do you tend to buy in doll clothing?

Jan 7, 2017

1. I try to not to stick on certain clothes colors as but my taste is mainly to pastel blues, whites and blueish-grey, but it also depend if I found unusual color I don't have, I would buy it (I found a dress that I can buy in either pastel pink or pastel green, the pink one was prettier but I choose green because I don't own that color in my dolls clothes :))
      and of course it's depend of which doll I'm buying the clothes for as each doll look good in certain colors :)

2. My dolls mostly wear black but it really for me depends on the doll's character and what fits them. Some of them wear pastel, some of them only black, some of them wear all kinds of colors. Mostly I still buy black clothes ha ha

3. I mostly have grey clothes for my SD boys. I'm usually not a big fan of this color but for some reason it fits them so well. ^^
      My other dolls mostly wear pastel clothes.

4. I prefer pink, red or purple but, I care more about the girly Victorian/Lolita style of the clothes than I do about the colour. One colour that usually doesn't appeal to me is white because white old-fashioned dresses remind me too much of bridal gowns and confirmation dresses.

5. My brain: Black stains dolls...don't do this
      Me, a gothic mess: Gotta get...another pair of...black pants

6. I relate profoundly.

7. Dorrie has that classic early 00’s goth style so most of her clothes are black or dark gray (with dashes of red or green). Thankfully her limited palette/style mean I don’t buy every single nice piece of slim msd clothing that I come across.

8. Most of the clothes I've eyeballed for my dolls tend to be red or blue, mostly because I'm a red fanatic. Sasha will have a lot of red things for sure; Luca's tastes are a bit more flexible, so she'll probably get blues or pastels or more cute/fun colors.

9. Usually neutrals but I throw in some pastel colors sometimes!

10. I usually buy or make pink and white clothes as a base. And then I add other colors that match with the base :)
      I like black color and I found some nice black clothes but I'm too afraid it stains my doll to buy it

11. I don't have a favorite color for a doll to wear so nothing special.
      Got clothes from all colors but i believe my dolls looks best in red

12. All the stuff I've bought so far is dark colours, black, navy blue although a top I've bought is like a baseball shirt so it has some white in it! Haven't bought much so far cuz I'm pretty new to the hobby! For my girl Soren she'll have quite neutral, lighter colours and I think her brother will be the same. Apart from them everyone will be dressed quite dark, think that's a reflection of me xD

13. I like bright and cheery! So sometimes white, :)

14. I actually have a lot of things with pink and yellow. But it's less of a conscious decision and more of what is available in the style that I am looking for and went I have money. lol.

15. I guess for me, it depends on what doll that I'm buying for... I usually go for black stuff with either purple or res as an accent... or I go for soft and pastel-y stuff... with not a lot of in between. X3

16. :whee:mostly white but I also go for other colors

17. I'm trying to branch out a little, but so far my dolls mostly wear casual street clothes, including jeans and tees. The colors seem to be faded denim, with tees in gray, blue, white and black. The one exception is my dark chocolate Mika from Miro Doll. She is wearing a wine red cardigan and floral trousers with suspenders. She looks so cute in that outfit. I really need to do better for my other dolls, especially the girls.

18. I always wind up making a lot of black/blue/red/pink clothes. Greens are more for tropical themed outfits. One time a meetup I went to was a Candy Theme. So I made all my dolls clothes themed to candy. Black and Grey + Licorice, Electric blue and baby pink + cotton candy, black and purple - jelly beans, pale pink and white - strawberries and cream.

19. Black, black and more black! I tend to wear all black and so do many of my characters.

20. All my Dolls wear particular colors : Amaryllis (my DZ Reiko) wear the most, blue clothes, whereas Lluvia (my other DZ) wear most of the time black clothes. I imagine she loves leopard pattern too, so she wear this pattern a lot. x)
      Finally Fox (my SD Illusion Spirit) wear black clothes and a lot of T-shirt with funny or ridiculous patterns. (He has a magnifique one in particular, with Grumpy Cat on it ... I'm very proud of this T-shirt. :XD:)