1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What company deserves more love?

Mar 10, 2017

1. @plumandplume and @iamkathybrown

When I first replied to the thread, I didn’t own an IslandDoll, but I definitely agree with you both now—and I had no idea they did resin matching. Their dolls are very heavy and substantial resin with tooth—the resin surface so many love—and their sales continue to their Taobao shop, which is rare (buying within China discount plus sale discount).

2. WITHDOLL. My, what beautiful bodies they have, and such good poseability!

3. I really love my bambi crony doll, she has a good weight to her. I don't have many dolls but I am still really impressed with her quality.

4. This is a hard question, I mostly work on matters of Aesthetic, I got from Folks and Iplehouse and love them both. Iplehouse have had like mistakes when I've ordered replacement parts, like they sent the wrong piece and had to wait for like a month for the next piece. They try very hard to please the customer so I'll give them that. And as Folks, I only got my girl and haven't got anything from them yet, actually looking to trade my DD for an SD or something. Ill try getting some hands when I get mine in a SD so I'll let you know how it goes and how it's their service.
      But always follow your gut a bit, if it goes with you aesthetic or the story you're trying to make then the rest are plus or minuses.
      Much love!

5. Xagadoll, Spiritdoll, Light Limner, Doll Legend, Telesthesia Doll or Dragon Doll, Boy and Girl Doll, and Aimerai Doll.

I feel like Xagadoll is insanely good but nobody cares for this company. No videos of reviews about their big boys.

6. Telesthesia Doll, Xagadoll, Dikadoll, Dollmore

7. DollPamm, definitely (along with many of the others mentioned in here). Really unique sculpts with just so much character coming off of them, I've been happy with every interaction with the company and Dr Mes, and all the dolls come with a little packet of Korean candies and a tiny teddy bear for your doll. :love (Along with spare parts like extra strings, and easily some of the nicest boxes I've seen.) Plus, I love how Dr Mes shares his process of sculpting and developing new dolls on his blog; it builds a lot of anticipation to see them done, and inspires me to maybe try my own things too.

8. Does anyone happen to have an Aimerai Shiori ? I'm wanting to buy her but want to make sure she can fit in with my other girls.

9. I'm just going to throw La Légende de Temps out there. I don't think that anyone has mentioned it, and they are the company that not only produced my currently favorite doll, but also the most beautiful, silky tan resin that I've ever owned.

10. Agreed! I have two of their heads and they are gorgeous!

11. Crobidoll for me, I feel like people just don’t talk about them anymore! Their staff has gone above and beyond for me on several occasions and you can tell that they really love their dolls. Not to mention their remakeup service they used to do! My two favorite dolls are both Crobis.

And a shoutout to Supiadoll for producing such insanely high quality dolls with the smoothest resin I’ve ever come across!

12. FDoll, Ango-doll and Clover Doll are the first that come to mind for me!

Fdoll because I've tried a handful of SD bodies of various prices, and my fdoll boy is by far the most reliable and functional SD I've ever handled despite his ridiculously low price. I see Resinsoul getting praise for their cheap bodies all the time (it's not unearned!) but I never see anywhere near as much buzz about Fdoll and they're even cheaper. Plus, the fdoll 60cm boy body is just ridiculously cute- it would be one of my favorite bodies aesthetically even if the price wasn't as unbeatable as it is.

As for Ango-doll and Clover doll, it's all just aesthetics. Ango-doll sculpts are so distinctive and sleek, I feel like they should definitely be way more popular than they are. But I only discovered them once I started digging around on taobao- they're sort of difficult to find for sale through english dealers.

Clover doll is just a personal favorite of mine. They get basically 0 recognition, so any love would be more love than they're currently getting lol

13. Dollmore. When I ordered a doll and then ordered a wig from them five minutes later because I forgot to add the wig to the doll order, they reached out to ME to ask if I wanted them to combine the orders to save on shipping. I haven't had a company do that before.

I wish I liked more of their dolls so I could order from them more frequently, but unfortunately I do not. Still, their customer service staff are awesome.

14. Angell Studio! The dolls are so amazing especially the way they perform faceups.:D

15. Little Monica. Their dolls look wonderful but they are not mentioned enough.

16. They aren’t an under represented company, but I do like LUTS for their customer service and the fact they will switch out parts if asked nicely.

I also agree Doll Leaves doesn’t get enough love. They do make very poseable and inexpensive dolls.

17. I would say universe doll. I hadn't heard of them until someone mentioned them I think a few weeks ago? I love all of their sculpts, but I can't seem to find many owner pictures? and as far as my research goes I could only find them on legend doll. but I might just be a newbie and everyone knows of this company already :XD:

18. indie doll companies deserves more love ❤️