1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you actually get in a Lucky Bag?

Sep 2, 2021

1. You have got me curious. I didn't realize there were doll related fukubukuro/lucky bags. I had seen them in Japan for other stores which I never bought (usually because I can't fit into Japanese clothing). I hope you get a doll you like! I look forward to seeing it!

2. They are very pricey and I’m trying the lucky bag because it’s almost half the original price for a doll and I do like this company very much. I hope I get a doll I like and I hope it’s worth it.

I window shop my favorite doll companies almost every day to look at the dolls on my wishlist and I happened to see the announcement for RingDoll’s doll event. I was surprised that it wasn’t sold out yet so I jumped on it and bought. I will definitely let you know what I’m getting. ;)

#22 Megami11, Sep 3, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2021
    3. I'd be interested to see what you get, Megami! It seems like a pretty good deal, so I really hope you get someone you love! :3nodding:

4. I got a few CodeNoir luckybags around Christmas. It was a wig, outfit and shoes. The price was similar to that of a full outfit, but the random included outfit was usually missing some pieces. But with the wig and shoes it was very much worth the money. I did get one outfit I didn't like, but I ended up trading it with my bestie who got an outfit she didn't like.

TTYA usually has luckybags (around xmas and summer) that are great for basics. They usually include a few shirts and shorts/skirts so things can be combined. Good if you're a beginner and just like casual stuff.

No experience with Ringdoll though.

5. If Migidoll ever did one, I'd be all over that in like 5 seconds flat. XD

Hope you get something awesome!

6. I still remember one Volks wig lucky bag I bought. One fit an aesthetic a couple of my dolls had, one didn't, and the third became another doll's signature hair. I almost never do lucky bags, but that one was worth it.

7. I bought a Dollheart fukubukuro back in the day when they were The Place to buy quirky detailed clothing and what I got was stuff I wouldn't use, glad I did it at the time as it was lesson learned. I remember the flurry in Marketplace sales and trade asks everytime a fukubukuro event happened ;)

I have just bought another of the Ringdoll's mystery bags as I don't have any Ringdoll so no guaranteed duplication and like (majority) of their face aesthetic... and if I am really unlucky to get a head I actually don't want, I have a body for my floating heads and sell the unwanted head, so win win :thumbup

8. It is really hit or miss from what I've seen/heard. As @Leo Pheonix pointed out, there were a few sets of Lucky Bags offered by Granado Doll this year, and I went for the Moo Moo Bag (two random VIPO heads). These heads are not generally available for order, or at least I haven't figured out how to order them. The parameters were really narrow so the odds of me getting at least one of the sculpts I wanted was fairly high. I had 3 out of 5 sculpts that I liked, so my odds were 84% chance that I would get at least one head that I liked, and a 36% chance that both heads would be in the three I liked.

It turned out that one of my heads ended up being the top one I was hoping for, so I was ecstatic! The other one was not one I wanted, but I think it will move quickly on the market once I actually put it up for sale. So my one and only experience was a positive one overall, but again, the odds were very much in my favor.

9. I hope you get good stuff with yours!

I never bought a lucky bag in the BJD hobby, but if Maskcatdoll or Nakana workshop did one, I'll probably jump on the occasion! (I can dream right? XD) I think it could be worth it if you like pretty much everything that company makes or if you start building your collection.

10. I am NOT a gambler and I've never bought the Lucky Bags. I think WAY back when I did a Dollheart shoe lucky bad and it was fine. Of course all those old shoes are falling apart now :( Sometimes I eyeball the Dollmore lucky bags because I do like their cheap separates alot and order from them frequently because I have too many dolls to outfit in expensive fullsets.

11. Thank you! I do hope so too! :)

I know what you mean. It is a hit or miss kind of thing like what everyone has been telling me. I’m crossing my fingers and hope mine is a hit! :3nodding:

Thank you! I hope so too! I think companies doing lucky bags can benefit both the company and new collectors. Companies can get rid of their overstocked items and newbies can add to start their hobby. But the sad part is you don’t know what you’ll get. Then again it’s also the exciting part too right? Although not everyone likes surprises. :lol:

That’s good to hear! I’m glad you got something you wanted! Definitely a hit or miss! So chances are high if they have limited quantities right? Since I do like this company, I hope I won’t be disappointed. ;)

At least you have the experience now to know what to buy and what to not take a chance in. Ooh! Let me know what you get in yours too! I do have two Ringdoll so I hope I won’t get a duplication of what I already have. Then again I can have twins! :XD:
      But yep! Me too! I’d use the body for heads that I want so yes I think it’s a win-win too!

It’s hard to gamble with some but sometimes it works out right? This will be my first time and it depends on how it will go to see if it’s gonna be my last. I want to try the clothing one but I’m a bit hesitant because when we buy clothes, even for dolls, we’re picker. So we shall see soon. :)

Thank you! Right? I think companies should do it just to get rid of overstocked items and that would give us a chance to try their products or a chance at something we eyed for a bit. You never know it can be a hit right? ;)

Thank you for letting me know! I wanted to try clothing lucky bags too. Clothing and wigs are pricey too. I’m horrible at making clothes and probably lazy to make to be honest. :XD:
      But I don’t mind doing modifications to the clothes so I probably wouldn’t be too upset if I get something that doesn’t go well with what I want. Good to know where I can get some good things from.

#31 Megami11, Sep 3, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2021
    12. I just bought a grown lady mystery bag. I love all of the grown models from Ringdoll, so I’m very excited to see her!

13. I've had good luck with Lucky Bags. I ordered a few last winter from Dollmore. I find I'm more apt to try a lucky bag if the shipping doesn't feel excessive for what I expect to find. I found the less expensive ones were the better deal for me. I basically found a full outfit, shoes, wig and eyes in each one with some small prop. I like to have an excessive amount of wigs because sometimes a wig I had planned for a doll just doesn't work, where a random one from the stash is perfect or gives me a better picture of what would work better. There were things that didn't suit my dolls. This wasn't an issue as I offered to trade the brand new items with other collectors for things they had in their stash. This way, I still ended up with plenty of 'new' clothes I liked for my dolls and felt I had made a good deal in the end. My best advice is to look at the overall catalog of items a store sells. If you like more than half of what they sell, you have a better chance to get some things you will like. If you don't like most of their offerings, than you are more likely to end up with things you don't find useful.

14. Ooh! Let me know what you get too! I bought the grown male one so hopefully I’ll get someone good. I too like most RingDolls. :XD:

:3nodding:
      Thank you for the advice! I’m glad you got some good buys from your lucky bag experience. I will definitely keep that in mind and look at what the companies offer to get a better chance at getting something I’d want. :3nodding:

#35 Megami11, Sep 5, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2021
    15. The Ringdoll bag is just what it says it is, a basic in-stock doll without a face up (but they let you choose the size and gender, which was nice). My mom and I each ordered a grown male bag, which have shipped, so we're very much looking forward to seeing which dolls we get. And even if we don't like the heads, we can probably use the bodies lol. But, we like a lot of Ringdoll's sculpts, so it was a risk we were willing to take. (you should join us in the Ringdoll waiting room and let us know what you get when you receive your bag ^^ )

Other lucky bags depend on the company. They usually say what might be included (clothes, wigs, shoes, etc). Some are for just clothes, some just shoes, some just wigs, some have all of the above in them. Some companies have multiple bags available at different price points. Recently, Dollmore had their lucky bags available and I think there were for different price points and you could choose from the various sizes the offer (Dollmore has a lot of different sized dolls). They said they would include random clothes, eyes, wigs, shoes, and other doll stuff (so accessories and the like). One year, someone got a doll in their most expensive lucky bag. So, you never know what you're going to get, but that's part of why I enjoy lucky bags/blind boxes.

I've had good luck with the Dollheart Fukubukuro bags. Several bags and there were maybe 3 or 4 items I wouldn't use. I either sold them or gave them to someone I knew who could use them. Rrabit usually does lucky bags around Thanksgiving/Christmas and I'd love to try those out, same with the Dollmore bags. But, I'd also only ever order lucky bags from a company that I liked the products of. No point buying them if you don't really like what the company offers. You might get lucky and get something you like, but it's more likely to be a waste of money.

16. Shoes、Pants

17. I've found them kind of hit or miss. I've gotten some clothing items I've liked and used, others I don't particularly care for (or in one case, didn't actually fit the doll they were meant for). I also got a random "broken" doll I loved (and was able to get replacement parts for), so that was pretty awesome! Really, though, it's a gamble. You might get something you love, and you might get something disappointing, so if you're tight on cash or really particular they're not a good idea.

18. That’s great! I will definitely join you at the RingDoll waiting room. I’d like to know what you and your mom is getting too! I do like the idea of lucky bags and it is a hit or miss so yes buying from companies I like will be best. I am going to try the clothes lucky bag too and I’m looking around to see what I like. ;)

Thank you for letting me know! Yes definitely a hit or miss. I like this company so it’s a 50/50 chance right? I can’t wait to see what I get! :XD:

Nice! Hopefully it’s what you wanted too! :3nodding:

#38 Megami11, Sep 7, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2021
    19. I actually ordered two of the Ringdoll lucky bags recently, and one has arrived so far! He's a Zhou Yu, and I'm quite pleased with him. I find his blank sculpt a lot cuter in person :D

20. I know in Lolita fashion, lucky bags (or packs) are dresses or accessories not released in normal fashion. So like, for one brand I have the lucky pack for, it's the full set and it was only available in that way. It was made of not as nice fabric compared to the other dresses I have from them but for $100 you cant complain since the standard dresses go for $400 new lol.

I haven't tried it with a doll company but I'd be interested simply because I have no inventory of clothes anymore since my new dolls don't fit what I have.