1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What Do You Do While You Wait?

Jul 30, 2016

1. Ugh, I'm the worst at the waiting game. >.>

Basically I buy pretty much everything the doll will need, reserve a faceup slot with one of my favorite faceup artists & then start shopping around for the next doll..

2. Order more dolls... I thought that's what you were supposed to do... No? Just kidding (not really). I plan and purchase her/his eyes, wig, clothes etc. I also try to focus on my other interests like art.

3. I usually just write and plan. or i just kinda sit and wait

4. I bulk up on anxiety over the doll being probably broken after international shipping & hope for the best while I buy clothes and everything she needs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. I create an inspiration board for the incoming dolls look on Pinterest,I also decide who I want to commission for customizing.

And of course,buy things!

6. I usually buy clothes for em while I wait for em... and also....preparing their room... i usually put em on bins....2 dolls in one huge bin... its like their bed.... hehe... so i buy small things... well I do that everytime.... even If I dont have a new dolll I buy random things wven if its not needed... i dont jnow why . when i go to the mall and see small items... "oh this is perfect size for em" haha

7. Besides vibrating with excitement and showing my friends the sculpt I'm getting every five minutes I'm spending my waiting time gathering materials for my dolls faceup and starting to make hair wefts for her wigs :dance I'm also picking out her clothing and setting up her storage space.

8. While I'm waiting I like to look at box openings in anticipation!

9. While I'm waiting I usually buy everything the doll will need. Clothes, shoes, wigs, eyes if needed, extra eye putty, anything that I deem necessary. I know that I'm running a risk when I buy clothes before the doll comes; there's always that risk that the things I get won't fit the doll. So far I've been extremely fortunate with my pre-arrival shopping sprees.

10. I bought my first one and a head for another around the same time. Then bought a body for the head. Now I'm not sure I still want the original doll I purchased lol. So I sit and stew about if I still want them.

11. im still saving up for my first doll so i have like double the waiting time. lol but i've got plenty of video games (two that im getting for christmas and some on steam) to help keep me occupied till then, including a dating sim about bjd! :love

12. While I wait I... check the status of the package lol I usually get super inspired to write and develop the backstory of that particular doll. And maybe I tend to think about how I am going to dress her/him to keep some clothes ready for the day of arrival.

13. It's been a week, since I ordered my next doll. And, in that time, I've checked the order status at least once nearly every day. I've also been lavishing my current doll with attention, making him braided headbands to hold his slightly-larger-than-necessary wig in place, and I've been planning outfits to make for the both of them. I can't really set to and make any yet; one, I don't have the second doll (a different size to the first), and two, I don't have the sewing machine I'm ordering tomorrow! :XD:

I've heard that the company I've ordered from doesn't take too long; a month to a month-and-a-half. So, roughly 3 to 5 weeks left, maybe. Fingers crossed! And, that ought to pass in no time at all, as long as I'm patient. But, I'll keep regularly checking that order status, to make sure things are on or ahead of schedule. ;)

14. I'm actually waiting for my first doll to arrive as we speak! :3nodding: So far, I've bought her a couple of wigs and eyes, as well as purchased some material so that I could potentially sew her a dress when she arrives (I have no idea how to sew, so I'm hoping it will all just come together...)

Sort of related but sort of not...I've also bought a Monster High doll and wiped the face off so that I can get some practice in before I try to faceup my doll! So, I guess that's something I'm doing in preperation!

15. Next to checking out when it arrives? Making clothes, searching for shoes wigs etc and looking for a name and looking at photos from other owners

16. The waiting game mostly. I've been interested in an OT doll since December, but missed out on getting one last month due to my indecision. Batch sold out in 5 minutes. I have another batch to hopefully catch within 2 hours.

I've made some clothes for another doll/figure of similar size in the meantime.

17. Mark the payment schedule on my calendar (if layaway), then look at all the owner pix I can find, debate over whether I chose the right resin color and basically just sigh a lot.
      Stalk the waiting room and see what the wait times are currently like. Buying things in advance has not worked well for me yet so I'm not going to do it at all this time. I'm getting ready to start a photo project with my other dolls and do some face painting on dry days so that should keep me busy for most of the time.
      @Bailette the Pinterest board is a great idea! :dance

18. When waiting for a doll to come home,I will think about what kind of wigs and eyes to buy. Stock up on eye putty and make sure I have enough supplies for face-ups. Figure out what clothes and shoes to buy so when my dolly comes home he/she will already have their items at home.

19. I waited about a week for my daughter to arrive. I'm her third owner, so that explains the lesser waiting time.
      In that 1 short week (which seems like months for me) I learnt a lot about BJDs.

20. I pretty much go about my life.

I have two dolls one the way right now, one a fullset and one blank. I've done a bit of browsing here and there for clothes and wigs for the blank doll, but other than that I just go about life as normal, doing my other, non-doll hobbies.