1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What Do You Do While You Wait?

Jul 30, 2016

1. Aside from going about my life as usual, I look at sewing patterns and start making mock-ups of clothing that will hopefully fit, look for wig/eyes and props, decide where I'm going to put the darn thing, and start thinking about the rest of the wishlist. That last item can be...a little dangerous, I think. :D

2. I try to figure out the character well and then buy all of my doll's accessories.

3. faceup planning mostly! my doll plans don't really start until the doll has a face :sweat i do make sure they have clothes/eyes/wigs that will fit when they arrive because i hate dolls that look completely unfinished even if it isnt going to be their final look.

4. Don't do what I did; look at other dolls before it's even shipped.

I'm now waiting on three dolls.

5. Start doing mockups in photoshop and SCREAMING INTO THE VOID

6. I recommend getting busy, really busy. Clean, organize and tackle any and all other projects. Hopefully, by the time your bjd arrives, you have the time and space to enjoy it.
      Do I do this? Yeah, no - but it's a good idea!:XD:

7. I’ve got a ton of other things I get up to, so IRL tends to eat the wait pretty heartily. I don’t even think about it unless it’s brought up.

... [/starts recounting the days] Three more months? Three more months. Booooo.

8. Have buyer's remorse and wish you'd done something differently. Kidding. Well kind of. Just saying be careful. Humans have fickle minds. Tailor your efforts to suit your decision.

9. look for more dolls and window shop.. a lot

10. Look at wigs, do research, panic a bit when it's a doll no one really buys, panic a bit more when I wonder if that ONE perfect wig will get sold out before I can buy it.

Squee.

Squee more.

Forget for a few days and then remember and squee.

Try to focus on my writing or other hobbies. Spoil my other dolls that I have by either buying them things or making them new clothes. (Crocheting doll clothes is fun! And hand sewing too. >w<)

And then bemoan how long it takes.

Browse "forbidden fruit" AKA look at more dolls.

11. Make (and buy) stuff for dolls that I do not need :D (Especially accesories.) I also spend hours writing profiles for each of my dolls, that takes the hugest chunk of my waiting time.

12. I always search and read articles about how to protect doll, how to ... ,etc.
      I find new clothes, eyes, shoes, etc. for my doll and buy them :lol:.

13. Probably prepare eyes/hair/clothes so I don't have to wait for those later cuz there's been ENOUGH waiting.

I'm waiting for 2 boys nowww it's harddd @_@

14. I JUST bought my first few dolls and I'm doing a lot of concept sketching and character designing around the sculpt, trying to figure out the color scheme/hairstyle/fashion style/etc. I'm going to try to entirely forget about the one that I didn't buy secondhand... Benjamin? Who's Benjamin? :atremblin

I actually just work on my other doll stuff otherwise... fashion doll customs and stuff. Cheaper, easier to get, but still a taste of that face-up goodness I crave.

15. Try to figure out the doll's character (age, name, etc.) and buy outfits, eyes, wigs, and other accessories that will suit him/her.

16. I complet accessories for my doll (wigs, clothes etc). Just to make sure that my doll won't be naked and bald when I wget it.

17. For me I obsess over my new sculpts coming in and stalk instagram/DOA doll profiles for the same sculpt to see all the different faceups along with build their characters more :3 If you already have dolls you can use them as models to make clothes/wigs/eyes. I also work on dioramas and props for my new girls coming in ^.^

18. Me too. Well just two for me. But I'm already looking at more!

I've been making myself busy with sewing and shopping for doll sewing supplies.

19. While I wait, I continue to look for more photos of the doll. XD I also do some shopping for clothes and accessories!

20. I have a couple of tinies being delivered today as a matter of fact, lol. These are coming from Denver doll so I've only had to wait for a couple of days so I really hadn't had time to do anything at all. But when I order from a company, I've usually got everything for the doll picked out and their clothing styles in my head. So by the time I actually order the doll I've got orders placed for everything else. I basically sew and stress because I'm not a patient person. Lol. The rest of the time I whine to my husband or my bestie about how long it's taking lol. I'm more of an instant gratification kind of gal and I really stress about waiting.