1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What Do You Do While You Wait?

Jul 30, 2016

1. I am waiting on my very first doll. I ordered her with some basic stuff, two wigs, an outfit and some shoes, along with some basic supplies, so I wont need anything. But I am going to work on getting better at sewing and eyemaking and other assorted crafts so I can make stuff for her. Im also working on making a chair so she has somewhere to sit when I get her. Where that chair is going to go I have no idea lol

2. In my experience I can say that whatever I planned in anticipation of the doll, everything was useless. They always have their own opinion on the subject of clothes, eyes, wigs. So now I'm just waiting for the doll to come and we figure out what fits her/him.

3. I tend to completely forget about it and make sure I have enough money for food, rent, and a buffer just in case. After that... Make more money for more dolls lmao, or start getting ideas as to characters so I can begin gathering fabric and materials.

4. Twidle my thumbs :lol: I try not to become obsessive and just like to wait it out. Half the time I don't even check the tracking unless its been an abnormally long amount of time. I hate seeing something land in customs then not move for a week lol

5. apart from thinking about the possible character, personality, or name of the doll, I sew and try to make wigs since I usually get dolls from the same company and my crew is roughly of the same size anyway.

6. Well most of my crew are floating heads at the moment (3 of them :frownyblush: to be exact) so I'm constantly on the hunt for their bodies and that usually takes a good chunk of time out. However, I like to buy my crew second hand so I'm used to waiting 2 weeks now :lol:

7. Depends on the doll in question, and the wait!

Like quite a few people, I've enthusiastically pre-bought a load of stuff previously, and had the doll just not work out that way. Usually these days I sit back and wait and get on with other projects/RL; only doing things for the doll once it's actually arrived.

Occasionally though there are exceptions to these loose guidelines - Such as the guy I'm currently waiting on. I've already made him a wig, have a selection of eyes waiting and some clothes on the way... And he won't be turning up until the end of April at the earliest.

So yeah - it depends!

8. I buy most of my dolls on layaway, so it seems like I's always waiting for something. I spend that time working on doll stories and also watching lots of YouTube videos of other collectors. Also, between buying dolls, I work on planning what clothes, wigs and shoes I want for them, and will shop for those. It takes me a long time to decide what I want a doll to wear and how I want them to look, so the waiting time is well spent.

9. I first think of a character for my doll, search for reviews and pictures of the same doll, then look for an artist (if the doll needs faceup), clothes, wig, eyes, etc. I usually don't buy the accessories until I receive the doll, so I can imagine how it will look exactly.

10. I try to make patterns when I can, and search for things in my old tomboy that are appropriately sized props. I also work in the mean time.

11. i focus on my other dolls and forget about the one coming. it's a pleasant surprise when it actually does come in : ~ )

12. If the character for the doll is not completely planned, I spend time searching references, drawing, writing or thinking about it so I have a clear idea in my mind as which clothing, wig, eyes and accessories I'll have to order while I send the sculpt to the right artist to get face-up (as the chosen artist will depend on the style of the character).
      If I have that covered, I like to roam all internet looking for things that might fit but not buying yet. I won't buy anything until I have the blank sculpt so I kind of approve it before my character is embodied in it.
      I have to say I don't usually get too stressed when waiting for a doll, only if there is communication issues with the company or other problems.

13. I would buy clothes and other accessories, or buy new dolls……

14. Obsessively search for the mold on instagram, flickr, you name it... And also objectively track the shipment and the processing of the order xD

15. I like drawing my doll, and figuring out their character :) I track the shipping or production like crazy, clean them out a good spot, and I like to see what other people have done with the same sculpt.

16. Buy clothes (loooooots of clothes) and since I was buying it from a creator I may have bought some second hand dolls to keep me company while I waited. ^--^'

17. YES. THIS. EXACTLY THIS.

18. I’m trying to forget about it, so when he came in I will be like ohhhhh I bought a doll and he arrived! Lol.

19. I scour DOA, Tumblr, Flickr, and etc for any and all owner pictures of the doll obsessively.

And I like to make Photoshop mock-ups and mood boards for the doll I’m planning.

20. I’m waiting at the moment and I’ve been making clothes like a crazy person :drool I’m also planning to make a diarama so I’m gather and making props too! :3nodding: