1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What Do You Do While You Wait?

Jul 30, 2016

1. The dolls that I'm waiting on now are tinies, and they're my first really tiny tinies. My others are 1/4 and 1/6 scale. I have ideas for them, but I feel like I can't really do much until they arrive so I have a better feel for how to proportion things for them than just guessing from the measurements. I ordered eyes and wigs anyway, since I didn't have those things in the right sizes for them. I mean, I need a collection for when I get even more, right? It feels mildly frustrating to not really be able to do more until I get them. I will probably make a couple of generic dresses for them.

I'm also obsessively looking for tracking updates.

2. Forget about it and pretend nothing happens(as the waiting period is too long), so when he arrives it's the biggest surprise!

3. i try to forget about the wait as well lol. i recently got a notification that my doll may take 2 months longer to ship. i lamented for a couple minutes before quickly punting the news out of my head and focusing on developing his character, fashion sense, face up ideas and other things instead! basically, i distract myself with prep during the wait!

4. I'm that person that copes with doll waits by buying more dolls. The times I always get the biggest itch to put a doll on layaway or buy one outright generally lands when I'm already waiting on another doll.
      I do search around for clothing and eyes, sometimes make pinboards for the characters and doll inspo, but I don't normally buy anything before the doll actually gets here

5. That's actually how I got the doll that arrived this past Saturday. I've been waiting not quite two months for one that I ordered, and I wound up finding another doll on Doll Peddlar in stock that I just loved. Instant gratification (almost)!

6. I always just spend time working on their character and buying supplies, which is what I have read from other people in this thread too, just preparing to have everything ready for the doll because when it gets here it would suck to have to wait to do anything with it due to a missing supply or tool!

7. <:3c I plan for the next doll I want... probably not the best method of coping with waiting. I think once I have a doll paid for and squared away it feels weird not to be working towards my next goal. The other little thing I like to do is spruce up my current dolls. Not the cheapest way to pass time but probably better than shopping for a new doll.

8. I have many other dolls so it’s not too hard. But when you dont have other dolls I guess looking up doll supplies, furniture, clothes would be a good idea. Just don’t overshop

9. mostly look at accessories and think about how i want its faceup to be.

10. I have a head in the mail so atm I am deciding on wig, eyes, clothes and name for her. That is what I normally do. It mostly takes all the waiting time because I am so bad at making choices :'D

11. i look for accessories while i wait

12. What Do You Do While You Wait?

I would sketch or do my new doll dress pattern. Search for new eyes and face up references~ ^^

13. I am really bad at waiting... and that is also the reason why I didn't place my planned order with Dollshe. I would get crazy if I had to wait almost a year or longer for a doll. until know I managed to find most of my dolls second-hand or in-stock so that may longest waiting periods have been around two and a half months and I spent the time with looking for clothes and wigs for my incoming dolls and planning on their style and character :3nodding:

14. Well... I keep preoccupied with my other bjds that I currently have while I wait for new arrivals to come in. If need be, I'll also plan ahead: get them clothes, wigs, shoes, etc if I know the approximate size they'll wear. I also keep busy with non-hobby stuff, like being overly occupied with class projects, social functions and appointments for example. There's also writing projects, art projects, and a plethora of other things to keep me busy during the wait.

I often have so much going on the time flies by so quickly, and before I know it---the new arrival has come in :XD:

15. I usually have everything planned before ordering a doll, so I’d say cry and refresh the order status

16. Basically I start to find makeup artist that has the most suitable painting style with my new doll and I will buy outfits, wigs and eyes etc.

17. I definitely browse Facebook, Instagram, and etsy for clothes, wigs, and eyes while waiting for my dolls to ship! I also spend the time going over what themes I want my dolls to wear and how best to show their personalities and attitudes through their accessories.

18. I’m currently waiting on two of my dolls to come back from getting faceups, so right now I’m planning their outfits, backstories, and drowning myself in doll content on YouTube.

19. I have 3 weeks left to wait on my first Fairland doll- a fairyline Lishe to go with a Sia tail- and all I can do is writhe in agony until she gets here!! I'm up to my eyeballs in eyeballs and wigs, and it's taking all my will power not to buy her a bunch of clothing, cuz I know as soon as she arrives I'll sew for her.... So I hunt down owner pics of her, plan how I'm going to blush/paint her -I have a pinterest board where I'm collecting visual reference on eyebrow shapes and mermaid make up.... brainstorm photo stories that may never happen.... basically just keep busy both pretending she's already here, and preparing for when she arrives!

20. Well considering this is the first time I've actually "waited" on a doll I've purchased (considering the first one I got was a gift from my sister, so no waiting really involved, more like a surprise), I've just been trying my best to not keep my mind on it so that it doesn't feel like such a long wait. So yes mainly just going about my life, but I've honestly been trying to work on the one doll I already have and get her to be the way I want her to be, it's proving challenging, but it's fun too so all is well. :) I think it's mainly because I didn't have a plan involved with her so I've been trying my best to figure out what I actually want her to be. :sweat