1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What Do You Do While You Wait?

Jul 30, 2016

1. I usually draw up plans for faceups and look for clothes that I think will suit them. And check my email eighteen times a day in case by some miracle they've already shipped. :XD:

2. It’s my first time waiting for a doll. I’ve been turning the interwebs inside out searching for dimensions for my two dolls hoping that I can get started on some clothes for them :) I also ordered some wig making supplies.

3. I'm waiting for my first large-ish doll, so I've been researching clothing patterns (both sewn and knitted/crochet), looking up make-up styles to suit the character I want to give her, and also researching the best places to get shoes and a wig for her that match my ideal look for her.

So far, I think I've got most of the prep ready, it's just down to finishing off some of the projects I've started (a little knit sweater and some tights, and a long skirt to start). By the time the doll arrives, I'll hopefully have a small pile of interchangeable separates for her to wear straight away.

4. i am waiting for my first unpainted sculpt at the moment... i am super excited!
      allthough i am super impatient, i try to pass the time by further developing the character...drawing ideas for faceups/styling, search endlessly for clothes and also for the next doll to order afterwards haha

5. I'm waiting on my first doll. I've been trying to plan out his character and backstory, research faceup artists I could potentially send him to, try to image how he dresses, and other things like that that will help me with the customization process when he arrives. I've also been working on making my own doll as well as torturing myself by looking for other dolls for sale even though I promised myself I wouldn't buy one until he's here and finished

6. I usually buy clothes of the corresponding size during the waiting period. When the doll comes back, I will have new clothes to wear.

7. I'm busy hashing out personality for both my floating heads who are yet to get bodies, I have a vampire witch who is very shy even though she appears dark and broody she just doesn't talk much. I also have her cat, who is more pastel Victorian and very outspoken and a total antithesis!

8. As soon as possible I forget that I ordered dolls. I can't stand it if I don't.:atremblin:(

9. I typically start gathering supplies. You can spend a pretty penny on fabric and wig fiber. I also tend to get a couple pairs of eyes so I can get an idea on what looks best.

I mostly play the waiting game by doing other things that might not pertain to dolls

10. I'm fairly patient, so wait times don't affect me that much. I mainly keep myself busy with my current dolls and other hobbies. That, and discovering potential doll sculpts for my collection in my free time. I don't recommend the last option if you are an impulsive buyer. :sweat I do image planning before the doll's arrival, but I've decided to not go into too much detail due to previous experience where nothing worked for a certain sculpt.

11. Buy more dolls because I’m impatient ;-;

12. I am still waiting........well I the same time I just upade my page or do some art...?
      >w< man i cant wait!

13. For me its different with each doll personally. Some are easier to wait for others have just had me angsty and impatiently waiting. Usually i just try to invision and look up pictures and things to help me decide how I want them to look. How will I do their makeup,possible name and personalitys.style of dress and maybe look on etsy for clothes options that may fit them and the style I want for them to have.

14. Okay so, usually I order in stock dolls because I am terribly impatient, but then I fell in love with a newly released SD boy and took advantage of the company's christmas event...I'm two months into the wait and I've done things like:
      research the listed measurements on their site to see if another company is close so i can figure out what clothes to buy :sweat
      Also seearcing baby name sites for a good name as well as idly drawing him at work to see where he can fit into my current dolly universe!
      I try not to plan too much, as sometimes a doll will come home and throw all the premade plans out the window :sigh but it's still fun to think about!

I have about two more months ahead of me so honestly the best thing to do is focus on other things while you wait as well! I'm very fortunate that I can play with my current crew and work on finishing them!

15. What do I do while I’m waiting? I suffer....just kidding. Everyday I usually check my emails and to see if it’s shipped lol. Just do regular normal things. I have to rlly not think about it to go in with my days.

16. I work on my crocheting and work on my bjd room.

17. Gather supplies, eyes, materials for wigs, accessories, making more exact designs for clothing and trying to find out parts which werent well thought out and so on.

18. I try not to think about it. I have a job and other hobbies to keep myself occupied. I'm currently waiting for my Modern Gene from Raccoondoll now.

19. I usually plan the faceup and buy a wig, eyes and outfit if I don't have anything to suit the character - but otherwise I just don't think about it much. When I first got into the hobby I would drive myself crazy counting the days like, "they said 60 to 90 days, and now it's been 91 - this is an outrage! Where IS he??" lol, but now I have so many dolls and so much other stuff going on in my life that waiting really isn't that hard.

20. * Dream up face-ups, and practice sketching them.
      * Sew or buy a few clothing items, depending on quality and character.
      * Inevitably shop for eyes. Do I have eyes? Yes. Do I shop anyway? Of course. Every time.
      * Check status daily, despite knowing it'll be months before the doll is shipped.
      * Window shop for other dolls, while mentally berating myself for even thinking about it.
      * Repeat all steps above.