1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about the DoI (Dream Of Idol) body?

Feb 15, 2008

1. Well Kauko fits them okay foot wise but those boots are seriously wide around his legs. They look like gothic rainboots around those skinny calves xD And I like his small feet. Makes finding shoes easier since he fits most SD sized ones.

2. 1) How well does the DoI body pose?

If you have one of the new DoC Boy bodies then it's very similar in terms of posing. the jointing is in the same place (relatively speaking) so you can get quite a bit out of the new bodies. My boy posed well out of the box. I did do a review on them a while back and compared to Sd17, SD13, Dollshe, DZ 70, DoT and a few others.

2) Does Dollmore Model sized clothes and Luts Super Senior Delf clothes fit DoIs?

The old Dollmore Hound clothes fit ok (or at least the one I have) the skinny stuff probably won't fit around his big thighs though. I'll have to ask to borrow my friend's Senior Delf suit to see if it fits. SD17 fits ok though. DoT is a bit small in the waist as these boys are a bit bigger.

3) How heavy are DoIs?

I don't think they're too heavy for their size. But if you're used to carrying around MSDs be ready for the added weight, your arm will get tired faster as they are definitely heftier

3. 1) How well does the DoI body pose?
      I'm not really an expert on this, but I think he poses well. He could stand right out of the box. I think he is a little stiff, but I haven't really played with him a lot to break him in. I took him to a meet and a lot of members raved about his posing and put him in positions I don't dare try! I'm very careful with him.

2) Does Dollmore Model sized clothes and Luts Super Senior Delf clothes fit DoIs?
      I don't know about Luts Super Senior Delf, but Dollmore Model Shirts fit nicely...a bit long, but not enough to bother me, and the upper chest and sleeves are a bit tight, but I think it's a good fit.

3) How heavy are DoIs?
      I think he is kind of heavy if you carry him around for a long time, but I don't really have many problems with him. Definately not too heavy for their size.

4. what kind of heads fit on the DOI bodies???
      do DOT heads fit???

5. Thanks for answering my questions rillystar, *Earthbound_Angel* ^^

rillystar, I actually do recall seeing a post you made about reviewing the different kinds of bodies and their poseability, but I never did find the actual thread/info *_* Did you post it up on DoA (I'm guessing you did) and do you still have the original link to it? I'm really interested to know how the DoI poses compared to other 65cm-70cm dolls :D

I think so far I'm not too concerned about buying clothes for my Luke now... the weight might be an issue, but since I plan on having him sit on my lap, I don't think the extra weight will be too bad - I'll probably get used to it quite quickly since I have a fat pet rabbit I carry around all the time who I'm sure is heavier than Luke is :XD:

6. I saw someone with a DoT Lahoo head on a DOI body, and I think it looked fine. Actually, if you were to compare the dolls to humans, the proportions seemed more correct than the DOI heads on DOI bodies. :lol:

7. I have DOI Luke v2 slight mod - SEXY I love him. He is great, the only problem I have had was getting the right wig (which I still don't have :( )

Hound size clothes fit well

8. I love the body. All I can say^^

I have bought wigs and clothes for my doi from dollmore. The modeldoll m outfits fits very nice I think. But then I have only bought baggy outfits like baggy jeans and punk like hoods and t shirts, and not thight outfits! They have a lot of 9inch wigs there to^^.

9. I have a question ... hope you can help me as I'm a little lost in this size comparisons and such ... ^//^
      I have Luke V.1 and need a pair of hands, but DOD don't sell them alone ...
      do you know where can I get hands that could fit? ...

Thanks in advance! n.n

10. I don't have my Luke yet, so I can't say I know what size his hands are... but I'm curious about something. Have you tried emailing DoD to ask if they can separately cast a pair of hands for you?

I can't remember which company it was (I think it was Luts), but someone broke one of their doll's hands and needed a replacement, but they weren't sold separately on the site so she emailed the company and asked them. They agreed to cast a pair of hands for her and she bought them that way.

It's an option to consider and there's really no harm in asking DoD if they could do it - it's not like you're not paying for the hands or anything after all :sweat

11. X3 lol yeah. at first I didn't know what to think of the realistic muscles, but I think it would work out well. if for nothing else it'd be a very pretty piece of eye candy :lol:

12. You know? It didn't come to my mind ^^U
      I'll e-mail right away ^w^
      Thanks a lot for answering n_n

13. .........(L).....<_<

14. D.O.I
      I would like to know the Pros and Cons.

Im more than likely getting one this summer and i want to know what they are like.

The specific would be a D.O.I. Luke

15. I don't have a Luke (yet, snort), but I own a Kalix and I got my best friend a v2 A&D, and they're both great (and can share one another's clothes, poor things, ROTFLOL). What specifically pro and con are you looking for? :?

.hlp

16. posability [if thats even a word]

i understand fingers can break easily and such as it is a bigger doll.
      any other clothes they can wear.
      the usual junk lol.

17. LOL! Well, I've not found that their fingers break easily, if you take reasonable care with them and don't sling them around or drop them, they should be fine. I've tugged my guys around with stringing issues and getting them dressed, but I would never just be casual with them or anything, leave them where a pet is or anything like that. :lol:

Poseability? They're fantastic in my own experience, of course anyone could get a doll that's strung too tightly or too loose, but you shouldn't be too scared of that. Make sure you read through the tutorials and such around here or on YouTube and you should be fine if restringing is needed. But no, they'll stand and twist and the like, I think the DOI body is very nice for a comfortable-looking picture.

And the clothes? I've bought shoes off of Ebay for 'em that have been fine and of course clothes off the site, when appropriate, always fits. I can tell you Tata's Paradise makes some great DOI clothes that fit wonderfully! :aheartbea So while there have been 70 cm sizing questions, I think there's a lot more clothes out there nowadays than a couple years back. :)

So that's just my experience with a couple of the guys, I hope that's helpful!

.hlp

18. If I may ask... TaTa Paradise, is it on Ebay or on DoA?? >.> And I'm thinking of buying just the DOI new body... But at the cost of around $430... Do you think it's better if I pay for the whole doll? Luke ver.2 is tempting! ><

19. I think if you ask me, it would be good to get the full set.. The body is for which head specifically? And TaTa Paradise is on DoA. :3

20. I want to change my Raven body to a DOI... ^^;;