1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about the DoI (Dream Of Idol) body?

Feb 15, 2008

1. They're definitely a presence on DoA, and I'm sure there are regular GOs if you're interested in cutting the shipping. They also have a website of course:

http://www.tatabjd.com/en/

Awesome place, good sizing options!

It all depends, on the body. If you have a head that will match, you're probably going to get more satisfaction out of getting the body than you would getting Luke, and ending up still with a head that has no body. ;) Believe me, down that road is a lot of frustration, LOL!

But it is a really nice body to play around with and pose, again in my opinion. If you have the chance, I hope you can check it out maybe at a doll meet or a con. Good luck with your choice!

.hlp

2. as a DOI body owner, I can tell you it's a great body ;) I was used to a Dollshe girl body, so when my DOI came I first didn't like it very much... then I started playing around with him and he poses nicely, slouches a bit, and can get many different positions comfortably, as some have already said. oh, and he looks amazingly good shirtless!

as for clothes... he fits Hound clothes like a dream, and Dollmore's Model clothes too. I have a couple of Hound jeans for my boy and a couple shirts too. as if they had been made for him

and they are quite sturdy too. I don't think his fingers will break easily. I fear my MiniFee's fingers may break, they are so thin and delicate, but not the DOI ones. DOIs have big strong hands

goo luck getting your body!

3. Okay, so i'm really in love with Dream of doll's Luke (v.1) Before I decide to save for him I'd like to know, if anyone out there owns him, or a DOI from DOD, how good the quality is. Sorry if there's already a post like this, I've searched for it but couldn't find anything :) Thank you!

Are there any known issues with this size/brand of doll?
      How poseable are they?
      If there is one that I've missed, can someone point me in the direction of a DOI disscusion thread?

4. i haf a DOI luke..their resin is good quality.
      however it is heavy..gosh
      but the abs is interesting..and all my friends couldn't help it but to keep touching his 6 packs abs.
      the poseability is good, and it can stand up quite well

redpyyxie << he can pose veri good.
      tis is my boy photothread, u can just go and take a look at his body, much clearer pix. and consider whether u want to get a doi.
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221136

5. My Dieter is a DoI Luke and out of all of my SD sized dolls, he usually poses best. He's not top heavy like some SD dolls are, and he has a decent range of 'natural looking' poses. His resin is nice and smooth and he weighs quite a bit, though not more than other SD dolls I've picked up and carried around before.

In terms of heavy dolls, my Mecha Angel beats him hands down and I've gotten so used to my DoI's weight, I can carry him around cradled in my arm with little effort. Of course my arm starts to ache a little if I carry him for several hours, but that can apply for any sized doll even tinies since your arm is stuck in that position for a very long time >.>

6. Hmmm.... the DOI bodies were actually the first pictures of recent BJD's i'd ever seen, so I thought they just made guys like that :sweat but actually, my friend has an old Wi, so I guess some dolls do come without abs ;) They look good both ways. Their legs sure look tall though.

7. My husband and I both have DOI boys. The body is absolutely beautiful, but it has it's quirks. I am not at all pleased with the placement of the penis. It's very awkward and leaves me feeling a bit bad for the boys. But my biggest complaint with Dorian (DOI Kalix) is that he doesn't stand well. He has been KIPS'd and he still can't really stand. I keep him in boots and that helps some. I love how stylized and refined the body is, but I still have more fun with my Dz Yuu. I was also disapointed with the rough seems on a doll that cost so much money. By comparison my cheaper dolls have come seam sanded. For posability between my SD's my new doll family girl wins hands down, but between my DOI and 70cm DZ they each have a few things that they do better than the other. Overall while Noble holds a pose better and longer and is better in standing poses (he is rock solid standing) Dorian has a few more natural reclining poses. I love them both and the DOI is definately lovely to look at. I don't find either hard to carry. A 70cm doll is heavy, but not too bad. I find I take my dz out more because I can sit him up on my shoulders in a way that I don't feel comfortable doing with my DOI, but they weigh about the same to carry.

8. but what's the difference between luke v1 e luke v2? is only the makeup/clothes?

9. I´m not the biggest fan of the doi body anymore. And I don´t quite like it that his little thingy is so strange placed. But besides that I love the doi faces and I love my boy.

10. I think that DoI arms are too slender. If they have such nice chest, their arms should be more muscular.
      DoI's "warrior's core" (^^") is small and, as manabusama said, weirdly placed. xD
      My friends keep on talking that "his bal** are glued to his as*" XD"
      Also I think that one place, not sure but it's where hip bones are supposed to be, is too "convex".
      Last thing that make me laugh is that their bottoms are perfectly round and looks like girl's, not boy's. xD"

But beside that I still love the body and my fav place is the chest and hands. <3333

11. I quite agree with pusia!!

However, still fell in deep love with those idols. ^ /// ^

12. That's right

13. I'm in utter lust with the DOI bodies. I know the colour matching's going to suck, but I wonder how a DIM Minimee head would look on one...

14. Colour matching isn't too bad with the DOI's I think. Pretty close to most resins in tone, but pretty pink compared to most I think.
      I love the DOI body I have, I love his muscles and everything, wish the pee-pee was bigger tbh to make him totaly manly and realistic. He's got amazing muscle detail all over. I'm only selling mine because I found a Soom NS body for my Chrom >_< Otherwise I'd be keeping it in all it's sexy glory. Really easy to pose, he stands alone. Mine has arm stringing a little tight though, so I can't be too sure about his arm and hand posing. When he's standing, it looks like Michaelangelos David XD

15. I saw your body on auction! If I'd had the funds... but one doll at a time, I guess...

I do kinda want to see the proportions of a minimee head on the body, but when I asked before, most people just said, 'nah, the colour's gonna be way off' and I get no pictures...

I love the sculpting on the DOI body, and I love the look of the joints, and it's always nice to hear that they stand straight out of the box. I dislike the idea of wiring or sueding... don't like to tamper too much with the dolls...