1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What doesn't exist in BJD that should?

Aug 21, 2021

1. Boots/heeled shoes that fit male Soom's beefy calves.

2. #Techy I agree with you. It would be nice to see some dolls who look middle aged. It can probably be achieved by a talented faceup artist.
      Since I am a plus sized woman, I would love to see a female doll who has a more realistic figure. I like the "Curvy" Barbie's shape.

3. I'd love to see face sculpts of older people, too.

4. More dolls with African features, not just a sculpt that you can order with darker skin.

5. -echoing some of the sentiment i've heard here and thats dolls with more black/african features aside from just like dark skin.
      -more mature clothing for 1/4th male dolls, it all tends to be very...young boyish. People make mature dresses for MNF girls but boys only get tshirts and the like :(
      -more 1/4th shoes that arent like mary janes or sneakers xvfbgnhm

6. More 1/3 scale or 70cm+ sized furniture. More old-fashioned furniture and props. More Asian styled furniture and props available outside of Taobao via shopping services. More fantasy styled clothes.

Dollhouses designed for BJDs, especially bigger ones. Yes I know these would be huge, but I'd make it work. My babies deserve their own place dangit.

7. Been hoping for fourteen years for a feral-could-tear-your-face-off-if-she-had-a-mind-to-do-so cat girl. All the cat girls are too dainty. I need a true cat muzzle, claws and massive feline feet.

My dreams aside, on a more realistic level, I would love to see more 50cm tall MSD/ short SD sized dolls. And taller YO/ smaller MSD in an immature style.

8. SD anthro bird heads. I want a big muscle body with a parrot head so badly.

9. I would love for someone to create an MSD that is somewhat similar in proportion and size to 18” play dolls. I love that there’s YOSDs that are made with Blythe or other fashion doll measurements, so they can share clothes, furniture, and accessories.

10. Some companies have lines like that. They’re usually called “big baby” or something similar. Off the top of my head, Myou does. Is that what you’re looking for?

I’d like to see more draft-horse inspired female centaurs. A lot of the current ones are beautiful, but they’re more delicate and built more like an Arabian or a racehorse. I’d like to see something more bulky like a Clydesdale. All muscle, where a bit of feathering wouldn’t look out of place. Bonus points if the human part is muscled too.

11. I haven’t looked at big babies for awhile. Last time I checked, they all had a very toddler look to them and I wanted something older…but yeah! Thank you! I didn’t know they’ve evolved the aesthetic this much :D

12. Soft bust part for BJD girls!! T_T
      Their hard bust somehow hard to find fit clothes..

13. Decent muscular girl sculpts that don't look like dudes with watermelons. :|

14. This, this must happen sooner or later.

15. I have been searching the net for black male bjds and they are nowhere to be found. :(

16. I agree. I like having my dolls as couples, with a spouse or romantic partner. I love my dark chocolate skin Miro Doll Mika, but I could not find a male with ethnic features for her mate. So I paired her with a light skin female partner instead.

17. After almost nineteen years of waiting, I wish I could say I'm still waiting for one, but I stopped wanting one a while back. It would still be cool to see a more realistically, yet still idealized proportioned male body in the 70-75cm range. With legs that are not twice as long as its torso, and a neck that doesn't look like it can be snapped in two with the weight of its intended head's jawline alone. (not happening, I know, it's been a while) DX

I would also appreciate, glass eyes in varying sizes (preferably smaller than 16-18mm), with actual small irises. Yes, I know there are resin ones, but I don't want my dolls sclera turning yellow (the thought of yellow sclera is not appealing to me for obvious real-life reasons). (:

18. Hmm, let me see—
      • mature lady sculpts with actual prominent cheekbones, strong nose, narrow eyes, etc. So many of the so-called mature ladies still have that softer, girl next door in their twenties look to them.
      • In the vein of the soft busts—flexible manbits. Just—it'd be nice to have them, okay?:lol:
      • Personal choice: an Andalite bjd based on the alien species from Animorphs
      • bjd cats in MSD scale with bird-like wings that are highly articulated.
      • More companies selling parts (especially heads: it's one of the reasons I shy away from SartoriaJ/Iple, as nice as some of their head sculpts are) separately.

19. Second this!

We need more muscular girl bodies that are not super tall, have realistic ratio, and can have different bust size.
      I mean it's not that hard to have some abs on regular female body...

20. Wigs with type 3 and type 4 hair. I have Black coded dolls. With Monique closed, I have to DIY their wigs.