1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What doll got you into the hobby?

Mar 11, 2021

1. ResinSoul Xun! I've been on the forum for a couple years but I was scared to take the dive.

2. Dream of Doll Si...he was supposed to be my first doll but then i discovered Minifees. Now i have a dod si head and many many minifees lol

3. Daisy Dayes Baby Centaur

So cute and delicate, I could not resist.

4. I would always see Dollfie dreams on my newsfeed on Instagram but only collected anime figures. One random night I had a dream I owned a Dollfie and woke up the next day and instantly did so much research on where to buy and I impulse bought my first DDH09 on eBay. It was a factory default faceup and then I realized I needed a body and this was going to be a veeeery expensive hobby.
      I can’t believe just dreaming about owning a doll made me run out and go buy one the next day, but I am extremely grateful for that dream because photographing dolls has become my everyday passion and is basically my life

5. I first found out about BJDs through Rendds' videos on YouTube, but the first doll I really wanted was a Volks SD F-49~ I don't want him that much anymore, but if the chance arose... :kitty1

#165 ItelyNotItaly, Jan 18, 2023
      Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    6. I don't think there was any specific sculpt that brought me into the hobby in the sense of making me look into BJDs to begin with, but the doll that brought me into the hobby in the sense of deciding to actually get one myself was Dollzone Annie. I got her because I figured her face and faceup were cute but not too cute and therefore fitting for many different clothing styles, which I considered important since she was going to be my only BJD (lol the naivety of the young me :XD:).

Problem was though that such generic faces, as versatile as they are, are actually really not my thing, so she ended up being quite neglected for years, until... 2 or 3 years ago? I finally wiped off the company faceup and did a new one myself in an unusual style, after which I've actually come to enjoy owning the doll even though the actual sculpt is boring in my opinion. :sweat:)

7. As a massive fan of vocaloid and Hatsune Miku. She and Snow Miku definitely got me into the hobby!! Took a couple months of deciding if I wanted to spend so much money on a doll but I got a Snow Miku second hand and I adore her so much ♥

8. I was actually collecting Takara Jenny dolls when I first came across any mention of a BJD during one of my ebay searches. I didn't know what they were so looked through the auctions (there weren't many pages to search through back then) but there was a listing for a tan Lishe doll and she was stunning. She also sold for over $5000 which just blew my mind. But I started doing more research on "those types of dolls". DoD Duncan was then next stunning beauty I ran across and I thought I've got to get me one of these dolls and see what they're all about. I couldn't afford Duncan or Lishe at that time but did get an AngelRegion Ren doll as my first doll and I was hooked on "this new to me type of doll".

9. I don't think there is a specific doll that got me into it, but I was into reborn dolls and I may have stumbled upon them after looking for a perfect doll to make my ocs with. After that I looked into it more and decided I also wanted a BJD and make my OCs with them. I recently at the end of last year got back into it and now focusing on the BJD after I saw one of a FFXIV character was being sold.
      It really just made me want my character to be made even more! I can't wait to make my Miqo'te boy and have him with me! >-<

10. Fairyland Rendia! I was just looking at bjds on a whim and something about her just struck me. I finished paying her off today and I’ll be making her into my FFXIV oc <3

11. Island Doll Seven! Saw a photo of him while on pinterest researching for a school project and I just couldn't take my eyes off him. I really hope I can get him some day.

12. I was super into fashion doll repaint videos, and some of the creators I watched started slowly getting into resin doll customization. The doll that made me want to start collecting and customizing my own BJDs, however, was Rapp's Soom Petit Gem repaints- the Rudy and Leepy in particular. So I found myself my own Petit Gem and haven't looked back since!

13. For me it was DollZone Megi. It was actually my friends doll but I fell in love with him and really wanted to get my own. My friend wasn't keen on me getting the same sculpt as her, so my first BJD was actually DollZone Hid. He ended up being perfect for me.

14. The doll that got me into the hobby was Dikadoll Swordsman Finn. He was my grail, and though it took me a couple of years to get him, he’s still a treasure of mine. My second grail, and the doll that revitalized my interest in dolls after a moneyless hiatus in collecting, was Esthy Peroth. I have since also acquired him. :)

15. The first doll who caught my eye was Volks Tae 2, in that delightful Taisho schoolgirl full set! A friend who was also into dolls showed me a picture and I fell in love. But, alas, she was limited. So my first dolls were Bluefairy Tiny Fairy Emilie and Bluefairy Tiny Fairy Tommy (MSD sized dolls.) Over 10 years later, I did find a Volks Tae 2 full set, with papers and all, for a fair price. She was worth the wait!

16. Mine was Dollfie Dreams and Smart Doll.
      My friend on Facebook posted pictures, and that's where I saw them!
      I'm a big anime fan and was pulled in, then delved in further into resin.
      I now have 5 vinyl dolls and 1 resin, with definite fans to keep growing the collection

17. Dollmore Zaoll Luv :aheartbea

18. Fairyland Elf Chloe, but I settled for Carol. Maybe one day I will get my elf.

19. Yes! found the term and thought they were all so pretty and i wanted one so bad, but i cant say i have one specifically, though volks i think grabbed my eye first but that might just be because they are so beginner friendly/easy to access?

20. At that time the company was Luts, CP SD Lishe. It was love at first sight, my holy grail.