1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What draws you to elf ears?

Mar 19, 2018

1. It depends on the sculpt and the character design. I have a few characters who have elf ears. I'm not sure if all of them do, but a few of the Supiadoll girl sculpts come interchangeable human and elf ears and are great when you need to change the doll's character.

2. I love elf ears. I like them because I am a big fan of fantasy, and things that just look different! To me, the ears can bring out so much in a doll!

3. I write elf romance/fantasy so naturally, most of my characters are elves. As my dolls shell the characters I write about, it's always nicer finding a sculpt that comes with elf ears and fits one of the characters. Of course, if it doesn't have elf ears and still fits a character, I still buy it. I have a ton of elf ear mods to get around to doing!

4. THEY'RE JUST SO STINKIN CUTE!! But for real though...I've just always had a natural affinity for elf ears. They give a character not only a new level of cuteness, but a mystical and fantasy feel. It's nice to have a character sometimes that can belong in another world besides just the plain boring one we have.

5. I've got four on-topic dolls with elf ears and at least one more planned, and only one on-topic with "regular" ears. The catch? It's all a coincidence! The sculpts that I've fallen in love with over the years all just happened to have elf ears. I think someone above pointed out that they look cute when peeking out from under a wig, and I agree there. But honestly my dolls just have elf ears by sheer coincidence.

6. I prefer elf ears, or really any type of fantasy ears, because I like creating dolls and characters that are from the fantasy realm. I've always loved reading and writing fiction, so I'm drawn to them more than human dolls. I didn't start reading A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas until recently, but I got so excited when I started reading the series because most of my dolls feel like High Fae that could have walked out of her novels ^__^

7. It started with Mr. Spock, proceeded with Elfquest, intensified with Lord of the Rings...and I just think they add mystique to a doll.

8. I just think they’re cute.

9. Well,that too, of course.

10. Elf ears, or lack of them, don't really factor into my liking of a doll. I fall for a doll's face first, and if it happens to have elf ears, well okay then! I do think they're pretty cool though, and I always try to fit them with wigs that show them off.

11. I love them and to me I find them beautiful.

12. I personally love to tuck hair behind one ear and you can easily do that with elf ears. Also I find it so adorable, when the ears are peeking out of the hair! And elf ears are giving up mystical air, so when my character needs something mystical, I'm searching for elf ears <3.

13. Much of the time, what draws me to a sculpt is the face, and that sculpt happens to have elf ears. When I first decided I wanted a Dark Elf Soo many years ago, what drew me to the sculpt was how delicate and sharp the face looked. And she had elf ears.

Sometimes, though, the elf ears are actively part of my decision to get or not get a doll. That's more for Soom fantasy sculpts though, where the unnatural ear shape is part of the overall look. Human ears would look slightly odd on a fantasy doll, like oh their feet and hands look totally unnatural and they have horns and or wings but somehow their ears look perfectly human.

14. I've been a fan of the elf ears for a long time, it started with my drawings, now its a great part of a lot of my dolls. I think they look unique and give a special kind of symmetry to their faces. Adding piercings to longer elf ears is a perk too! :D

15. I really love fantasy themes and they're cute. And the ears sticking out from their hair is cute too.

16. I was never a fan of baby or fashion dolls when I was growing up, but when I ran across an elf BJD was smitten. I love all kinds of fantasy creatures, so that has affected what dolls I have gotten. Out of twenty one dolls and three floating heads, only two of my dolls look human.

I got the elf ear bug so bad that even sculpts that I would not look twice at start to look tempting if they have elf ears.

Perhaps the reason is, we see so much bad from our fellow humans, its nice to distance oneself from them when it comes to one's hobbies. It also helps avoid the whole uncanny valley thing. :)

17. I love seeing them poke out of the wigs, and there's something awesome about being able to 'decorate' them. I like blushing elf ears and drawing little designs on them.

18. Nostalgia of Zelda games for me I love fantasy too I only have one bjd atm but my next one will probably be elf eared. but I also love irl elf ear body mods

19. All but one of my dolls have human ears but I don't think having elf ears would have stopped me from buying the sculpt if I liked it otherwise. My storytelling is not so complex, they could be explained away with any old excuse. It could also be because I mostly prefer longer and more bushy/poufy hair on my dolls too and often ignore their ears completely.

My guy that has them, well, he's a faun and with his hooves and more claw-like nails, the Imp-ish ears just fit his type so well, I'd be disappointed not to have them, in fact a version of the head sculpt comes without them too under another name from that company (SOOM Sard vs Dia) and the Dia head is somehow just not as attractive to me.

20. I love elf ears for the fantasy look as well, although my only elf boy doesn't have many fantasy clothing. O-o And his head usually gets swallowed up by wigs so there isn't the cute ear-poking-out thing, but it's nice to see the ears anyway. ^^