1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What fits 5th Motif?

Feb 19, 2018

1. Venitu is 5th motif actaully. I have a couple Dollshe...and none of their clothes fit this new boy. The Timeless body is lanky but thick...so hard to fit.
      I see the chart and all, but I'm having a hard time ordering a little blind, as there are so many different opinions on what fitting means. I'd at least like it to fit over his thighs, not leave a bulge and not leave a crack when sitting as for pants. And shirts, I'd like it to fit his shoulders but not be baggy in the waist. I don't see any of that as an option with any of these makers clothes. Can any of the long time Venitu owners chime in with their collection of clothes?

2. I like Iplehouse SID shirts for my guy. They are not unreasonably loose, and fitted across the shoulders, but if long-sleeved, the sleeves will fall short of the wrist. More like a 3/4 sleeve. I think the waist fit is very natural, but I'm not sure if you want a super snug shirt that really clings?

[​IMG]

As for pants, I use Rrabbit's 70 cm super stretchy pants, as others have mentioned. I'm not sure you are going to find many pants (that weren't specifically made for Venitu and so with a looooong crotch) that do not show a bulge when sitting though...just because of the way he's sculpted. But they have a high waist and do not ride down when he sits.

[​IMG]

#22 Lady Ravenswood, Mar 21, 2018
      Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    3. Thank you so much! That does help a lot! I love your Viktor by the way. Saw him on fb too and didn't have access to like the pics of him and Yuuri and their apt.

#23 Teseya, Mar 21, 2018
      Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    4. @Teseya
      Thank yoooou! <3

I have some other things that I need to post in here too, but I have to find the time to take photos of it. :sweat

5. Is it possible to create the same chart but for eyes? I found only few posts about eyes for Venitu and some of them have no links to the shops - buy eyes are very important for the character. I wish I could find some 11-12mm small iris eyes, which will not leave the gaps in eye sockets - the most realistic ones. What do you think about it?

6. Maybe those almond shaped eyes would work?
      I decided to use 14mm small iris eyes on Victor because the 12s always left gaps for me. Since he's based on an anime character, that iris size is nice on him. He's had a few different pairs in that size (both glass and urethane) and they all fit well, for what's that's worth.

7. 14mm oval glass eyes fit good, but have a rather large iris; 12mm oval eyes fit barely (there are small gaps at the sides), but their iris size fits pretty good (these to be precise: BJD oval eyes - Glass - 10 - 12 - 14mm).

I've got myself some 14mm diy eyebases with small iris a while back, and while I initially though that their iris is a bit to small, I got to like them by now :) The eyebases are the same as the small Iris eyes BlueberryStyle has in their shop (these).

[​IMG]

8. Thank you. Actually your Venitu has one of the best face-ups to me, realistic and relaxed face. So the eyes on this photo are 14mm with small iris, Blueberry style right?

9. Thank you @RTorson :) And yes, exactly. Only difference is that Blueberrys eyes have a flat iris, while the DIY eyes have a concave iris.

10. hey guys, would iplehouse shoes fit venitu??

11. @tanyaalexiz
      I have found the SID sized shoes to be juuuuuust too small (I had a pair of black boots and they almost, almost fit, but wouldn't zip up the back).
      And personally, I think the EID shoes look too big. I think a lot of people use EID-sized shoes for Venitu though because it's hard to find a shoe that's in between those sizes.
      Or do some fit better than others? I have an EID-sized boot that I tried on Victor, but I think it looks funny. I'll see if I can take some photos to show you the EID boot.

12. I just got some Granado boots and they fit the foot easily. I got the long boots and the calf area is very roomy, maybe a little too roomy, but good enough and better than too tight. Easily zips up.

13. Here are some photos of all the shoes I have for Victor...haha, not a huge collection...
      Also, I don't have a great place to take photos right now so I edited them to see the shoes better, please ignore any wonky colors. :sweat

Ok so, all of the shoes photographed fit on the foot and zip up all the way. I've found I have best luck with shoes that have a rounded toe and zip up the back. So far I haven't had any luck with shoes that lace up only, even if there seems to be enough space if you measure the bottom of the foot to the bottom of the shoe. Does every one else have this issue too?

Here are the kinds of shoes I have:

~ Volks SDGou: not all shoes in this size will fit. I have multiple Volks shoes and their size is very variable. So far only these ones fit for me. So buy with caution.

~ Dollmore Glamor Model: Once again, not all fit. I also purchased a pair of loafers and they were comically huge, so more caution...

~ Iplehouse EID: These are easy to get on, but personally I think they make his feet look funny. It may be because they are boots? I don't know if shoes would be better. I don't personally use them for Victor. They kinda remind me of snow boots on him. They are that kind of bulky. The tops are also loose around his calf.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#33 Lady Ravenswood, Mar 27, 2018
      Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    14. @Lady Ravenswood I looked through the thread your Victor is very stylish :love

I want to ask you if it is okay to share with me where you got his sweater from? It is very cool and interesting 8-)

15. I think front views won't show as odd so to me even if a little big. It's when you show side views that may show the true size. For me if a boot is tall I want the pants to fit inside otherwise what's the point of buying boots. Plus seldom are pants roomy to allow leg to go over a boot.

16. @GreenTeaSlug
      Thank you!
      The sweater is from ThreeMice on Etsy. ^___^
      It's so super soft and I thought the pattern and color were so perfect for Victor that after squinting at it for days I just had to take the chance, and it fits him wonderfully! Even the arm length is perfect. :chocoheart
      It was "Spiritdoll Proud v2" size.

@animemom
      That's true. Though the tops on these are loose even over his pants. They are pretty thin pants to be fair though. They definitely fit him easy peasy, my nit pick is aesthetic.
      Also, I'm just super picky with Victor because his character is so stylish. Hehe. I want to do him
      justice! :lol:

@Jay
      Where do you find Granado shoes on their site? I'm so lost! OMG, haha. I can't find them at all. *_*
      (I feel like they must be somewhere obvious...and I'm just being dumb...)

17. Thank you so much !

18. So I bought these shoes for Venitu from Blue Blood Dolls:

1/3 BJD 70-80cm Male Doll Tan Brown Color Suede Formal Shoes

And they are beautiful but absolutely ginormous!!! They're like boats! I'm really disappointed. I should have checked the measurements first. My fault. Just wanted to pass that on.

19. I bought the dark ones. I am fine with them being a bit big as will have them wear socks. Are they super loose? Please let me know so I can find replacements as my guys won't arrive until maybe June. @Jay

#39 animemom, Apr 4, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    20. Okay so my taobao order came in, a few more infos <3
      First of all - i got a suit custom made by Dollsolo, and it fits absolutely perfect :D Arms and legs are long but slim enough (with EID stuff I always had the problem that its but too short and too wide everywhere) to fit the timeless lanky body like a glove.

[​IMG]

I've also ordered this coat from M7 (link) - it has a really nice length, but the arms are too short and its super tight in the shoulders. Bleh. but still looks okay I'd say.

[​IMG]

Also ordered these two pairs of shoes in 'muscle body'-size (Link and Link).... lets say Venitu swims in them. Inner length is about 12,5cm - thats the outer length of the shoes Yuri is currently wearing, orz. He loos like a clown (no pic, sorry).