1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What fits 5th Motif?

Feb 19, 2018

1. He looks awesome. I am so hoping my boys arrive by June as so many things for them to try on. I would want to part with stuff that won't fit so I can afford stuff that does. But until they arrive I won't know. Its hard especially knowing this is a size I have never owned before.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your guys.

2. Just stopping to share that I bought these shoes for my boy in the "muscle 70cm" size and they fit to an extent - they lace up tightly enough and will stay on, but his toes go nowhere near the toe of the shoe.

#42 solitary agent, Apr 21, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    3. Oh, those look interesting for what I need. Do you happen to have a photo of them being worn? Are they just really big looking?

4. I took a couple for you! They look pretty big if you focus just on his feet, but overall in photos I think they look quite good.

[​IMG]

http://i65.tinypic.com/o70pdv.png

(I just need to trim the laces LOL)

#44 solitary agent, Apr 21, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2018
    5. Thank you! ^_^

6. They seem to be the same that I got from taobao, at least they look the same... Could you measure their inner length? I'm wondering if they just suck at measuring shoes.

7. Ahhh I have no idea where my measuring tape is, sorry!

8. Hi read somewhere that you tried looking for socks for your venitu doll. Where did you end up buying a pair?:)

9. Freedom Teller.

[Freedom Teller*] BJD Handmade Doll Boutique

I found someone to share shipping costs so more affordable.

10. I have rhis blue jacket from BearSellers (BJD Clothes Male Blue Baseball Coat for SD10/SD13/SD17/70cm Ball-jointed Doll_CLOTHING_Ball Jointed Dolls (BJD) company-Legenddoll) - I originally bought it in Sd13size, but I think they've send me the Muscle70 size instead; the jacket fits my Soom Idealian. Fit Venitu too :) Most Sd17 stuff should be a tad too slim though...
      I also have the pants in muscle70 size that sits a bit loose, but fits Venitu too (BJD Clothes Boy Trousers for MSD/SD/SD17/70cm Size Ball-jointed Doll_SD_SD_CLOTHING_Ball Jointed Dolls (BJD) company-Legenddoll).

11. I don't know as I don't have my guys yet. I won't until maybe June. I do know they are sized for EID so they should.

@d_caw I personally have never heard of them. I bought similar items on Etsy from Chocolate Handmade. In f just ordered a couple of umbrellas from them today.

12. Lovely news!!!! I love the stuff there. Solves a lot of problems. I was thinking of having clothes customed but the stuff there are actually close to what i want. Yehey

13. As much as I love my Venitu, I am so terrified of breaking him (and his stringing is so bad) that I don't change his clothes that often. :/ But I've been going through recent clothing purchases to find I want to keep and what can be passed on to new owners, so I changed Bastian's "outfit" last night and got some pics of a sweater that I thought you guys might like to see. :)

[​IMG]Untitled by emac116, on Flickr

This sweater is by the toy company Maileg (Maileg USA | Official Maileg Retailer in North America) in their "Mega" size. Maileg makes stuffed dolls and animals, as well as furniture and clothing for them. The measurements they have for their size ranges are very vague, but I took a risk and ordered some items that were on final sale across a few sizes. The "Mega Maxi" size is WAAAY too big -- I gave the sweater in that size to a friend who collects Build-A-Bear animals (and it fit). But the "Mega" sweater size is decent on Venitu, even if it's a bit long. :)

I also got a jacket in "Mega" size that fit my Iplehouse YID decently but did not fit Venitu. I do not understand how the "Mega" sweaters fit but not the "Mega" jacket...

A few more pics of the sweater fit are on my Flickr, as well as some pics what Bastian is currently wearing (some handmade boxer/pajama shorts, a mystery brand ribbed white tank top, and an Iplehouse? black cardigan): Venitu 5/2

Bastian still has only one pair of pants, and they only fit because they're a pair of drawstring waist sweats lol. I NEED to get this boy some jeans or something, damn.

#55 emac, May 3, 2018
      Last edited: May 3, 2018
    14. Oh, and the "Maxi" size hats from Maileg fit 8-9 size heads well. :)

15. I wanted to let everyone know that you can do a custom order with Freedom Teller of their SID-sized suits with longer sleeves and pant legs and they will fit the Fifth Motif body really well! ^__^

I think the fit of the shirt/suit jacket/vest are better in this modified SID size than with the Model EID size.

[​IMG]

Things to note!

:chocoheart I don't think he should sit in the pants. I think he might pop the crotch. I haven't tried it, but I knew the pants would fit like that going into the order. They look really good, so it wasn't concerned about it. :)

:chocoheart The pant leg length I requested works well for dress-style shoes, but if you want your doll to wear boots they will be too long.

Here are the adjustments that I requested:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope that's helpful!

16. No problem! I was SUPER excited about this. :3nodding:
      I had the idea in my head for ages and ages...but I was sorta intimidated to ask Freedom Teller if they would do it...since it's not a doll size they carry exactly. But they were super sweet about it and happy to do it. :aheartbea

Today I took some quick photos of all the items in the outfit so everyone can see the fit better. (I know it was hard to see everything with all the props, but I was excited to take that photo and didn't have the chance at the time to take other photos for reference.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, I wanted to mention that the shoes he is wearing with this outfit are modified! I didn't want anyone to rush out and buy a pair without knowing that... :sweat
      (And the belt is just a found item that I use as a belt, so please ignore the fit on that.)

17. Thank you for that great information about Freedom Teller being willing to custom order for Venitu!