1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What fits Iplehouse SID Man?

Nov 5, 2010

1. Oh dear! I typo'd pretty bad! I really meant to say iplehouse hoodies in my last post. But now I want a really cool sweater too! Thank you for the inspiration!

Judging the context, I assume Super Gems are the same thing as mecha angels, right? Btw, your little fluff story made me laugh! That brings me to a third question: Which underwears can fit this guy? I'm aware it''s probably not possible to have underwear where it doesn't get consumed by the joints, but I rather my boy look like he's sagging than actually showing crack in nice pants with plumber syndrome. I forget where, but i do like those Calvin Klein underwear I saw but not sure if it can even fit.

So to summarize, I want to know of these articles of clothing:

1. Glasses
      2. hoodies
      3. underwear

*edit!!*
      Man I type too slow for my own good. And Oh My Sculpter! Those can fit!!!? That is just awesome! Thank you Yuan and everyone for the heads up! I am thrilled! I wonder if the square glasses would be considered stylish with Claude's particular face shape? :)

2. Super Gems are 65cm tall and Mecha Angels are 78cm tall. Mechas aren't are bulky like an EID, SID, Idealian, or Mega Gem though, they're long and skinny. Stretchy Mecha Angel clothes would probably fit a SID, but everything is going to be a bit too long.

Here, actually, have a terrible terrible photo of my Claude trying on a frilly shirt/corset combo that I'm like 99% sure was originally tailored for Mecha Angels (bought it second hand and haven't had a chance to try it on my MA guy that just recently arrived yet cause it's been buried in a box somewhere).

Sig is going to kill me in my sleep for posting this:
      [​IMG]

The width fits fine, but as you can see, the sleeves and the torso of the corset thing are both far too long. It'd be fine if it was something that was stretchy and allowed to look a little sloppy though.

3. OMG cowpewter!!! I'ld say your Claude would make a gorgeous drag queen. Don't tell him I said that.

And JepMZ: you're right. Those Calvin Klein undies made for 70cm will fit. They fit my EID and Idealian so SID should have no problem. They do wedge quite painfully, but if you're like me and can't stand to see them naked, these are good. Incidentally, you can also get them from Alice's collections. http://www.acbjd.com/uw011-p-4003.html?cPath=3_52

Those square glasses are actually quite nice. They'll make your boy look like a nerd, but a good-looking nerd.

Um...as for SID clothes. Unless you've stowed away a ton of cash to buy from Iple's site or from Freedom Teller, you basically have to either make them yourself or have them custom made.
      I'm not sure but I think M3 will allow customization. They did state that you can ask them for customization, here: http://www.m3bjd.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=34
      They do offer these V-neck hoodies.

good luck!
      I think it's the general consensus here that the SIDs are a bum to dress.

4. Thank you so much Yuan! i've accumulated a list of different---I mean-- I just set up my first wishlist and some links to where to go. Thank you all for the help! Now I just gotta wait till I get access to the second market. So exciting! Tho, realistically, there's probably no sid clothes there available, heh.

I have another question! Are those sneakers in Iplehouse any good? Or is Alice's Collection better? heh

5. Does SSDF fit the SID boys? Or am I mistaken.
      Also someone told me Regular SD clothes would fit them but I have my doubts.

6. Regular SD is not going to fit.

SSDF trousers may fit, see this post from earlier in the thread. SSDF dress/button-up shirts will not fit because the SID arm balls are too big to fit into the sleeves. SSDF t-shirts or stretchy tops may fit. If you search the thread for "SSDF," you can find more specific recommendations.

7. I saw the post prior however couldn't find the page it was on which is why I asked.
      I spent yesterday reading through every post made on this thread, forgive me if I have forgotten anything.
      Has anyone tried SSDF stretchy fabric shirts or jumpers? Or is it all dress shirts with buttons etc. That have been tried in this size as far as tops go?

8. Ssdf sneakers and ssdf jackets are confirmed to fit well

9. Thank you Jep! I will look into SSDF Jackets ^^

10. Hi all,
      I talked to Alice from acbjd.com about custom sizes. Thought this might come in handy for others too:
      Too bad I didn't need sneakers or those rounded-front boots. I need dress-type shoes, and I can't afford FreedomTeller's. :doh

11. Thank you, Eshu!

i bring more questions! Anyone who bought wigs from Sunny's World, would a wig size 8~8.5 fit better on an SID or an 8.5~9 wig? I'm aware my Claude will have a circu,ference of 9.4 but I don't know what the usual company's actual fitting would be like.

And I got my first secondhand ih clothes in my hands (before my doll ever arrived). I have an ancient blue striped shirt, and ancient khaki pants. Actually, I forgot i also bought the brand new Model M sized leather pants too. Should i wash these clothes first? and how do I do that without fearing shrinkage?

12. I have a 8-8.5, perfect fit for my Storm!
      I'm not an expert on leather items, I generally avoid them for fear of staining, hopefully someone can advise you better. :)

13. Hand wash (Woolite), cold, for everything but the leather (pleather?) pants.

14. Eshu--Thanks for the info. on Alice's Collection items. It's good to know which companies will customize for SID size!

15. Ooh, sounds like laundrying is really safe (and easier)! And thank you, Jacobean, for the confirmation! Ordering now

16. I am searching for any kind of asian style clothes like a Kimono.
      it should kinda look like this // this but it's not necessary. I don't know whether one of them would fits. I still don't get things right with the Doll size :huh?:

17. Oh my God really? I was looking at Alice but the size choose was too much for me. XD
      I can deal with 70cm Doll (a bit) but MSD, 1/3, 1/4, SD and so on makes a big ? over my head and I'm afraid I will choose the wrong size. :lol:
      but that sounds awesome when she going to tailor them along my SID :D
      Thank you so much for your help. :aheartbea

18. Hey guys!~ I'm thinking about buying an SID man so I need to start clothes shopping....from what I'm told I'm better off buying SSDF shoes than SID shoes? I want boots or dress shoes.

19. I've never bought Iple's SID dress shoes (Freedom Teller's are quite nice), but the SID boots I've bought all fit perfectly. You just have to make sure the ankle joints are properly aligned, or they're hard to zip up.