1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What Fits the Male Dollshe Fashion Pose 44cm

Nov 13, 2015

1. @FemmmeFatality Rey's wig is a Monique Johnny pale blonde size 4/5. Erica's wig is borrowed from the Integrity Avantguards line of vinyl fashion dolls. I have a handful of theses wigs. All fit on her head but, not all are in scale to me. They will do until I master wig making.

2. Sno4wy - I can tell you without a doubt, that it is worthwhile for you to make them from scratch.

I know a ton of who is out there right now. And there are two people who are making them, only one that is making them right now. One is making them for Dollshe, but won't be getting them out for, and I quote "2-3 months" - and that is if you can get them before they sell out (we all are a big lot of those who have him, not just the BJD people, but the HUGE HUGE fashion doll community).

There are clothes from Tonner that you CAN find, but you hvae to put on the superhero ones to be SURE they'd fit.

But literally, two people dedicated to it. I've spent probably 6 months searching. And if there isn't anymore info here that someone is making them FOR those dolls (which there isn't :( ) It is safe to say my list of 'dedicated' people is TWO. Chewin (rather his sister, and she is backed up , and I quote "six to ten weeks, minimum") and the guy that Dollshe hired. And as I said, he is 2-3 months.

And taking all that with a grain of salt, at least 4 months until I get anything lol.

This is one I'd say you are SUPER safe making the clothes yourself and not be wasting your time.

If you have patterns, I'd even buy them from you.

*hugs*
      HOPE that helped!!!!

Richie - THANK YOU.

Most of my dolls ARE fashion dolls, my only foray into BJD is my DollShe guys. Maybe a Popovy. But all are within the 16" fashion doll arena. I just stumbled upon the men when I wanted more realistic than Ken dolls (I have a pic of Dollshe next to a Tonner man, it's funny...if anyone wants to see it for proportions).

That is great info, thank you so so much. I had Chewin make me a few hardcap wigs, so I have two, wigs, then my own - and he is making me another two. But I'm a wig hoarder.

I love that the AG ladies can swap.

I collect modsdolls, Inamoratas, Popovy, and the rare Sybarite besides, so it'll be interesting to see if they can share the wigs (the females).

If they can, they have a billion to choose from. I hate when they can't share lol. Then I have to get a NEW tote out and start fresh. I have a problem making sure they have plenty of wigs.

I can make them myself (only mohair), but I...am slow.

Again, thank you Richie.

#62 FemmmeFatality, Jul 17, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
    3. @FemmmeFatality -- Wow, I had no idea that so many non-BJD types of people were into them! :O That's a huge eye-opener, so thanks for the info! I got into BJDs only for BJDs and never had much interest in dolls in general, so I've never investigated beyond BJDs.

4. We don't have a lot of male counterparts for our ladies. The ladies are made by the dozen it seems.

We just had one manufacturer make a man doll and it sold out in 30 seconds, but they were too girly for me.

When I found DollChic, it was the first manly doll.

THE, when Dollshe came out with these, I was like FINALLY...a man doll. A real one.

Up til now, we had plasticy ken looking men, and few at that. But now? woohoo!

Though no one has capitalized on this quite fully yet.

Just as an FYI - Emilia Couture, of Inamorata (the dolls that are my biggest collection), has done beards for the men. They are so much fun. And she is amazing.

You can find her stuff, I believe, on her Flickr.

#64 FemmmeFatality, Jul 17, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2021
    5. If the question regarding the fit of MNF clothes on the Dollshe guys is still relevant - no way in hell.

I put an uniform jacket made for MNF guys on my Dollshe body and I barely got it over his shoulders, he was not able to move his arms and closing it? No chance without ripping the seams. Worked for a picture but not recommended ;)

6. I think we'll take any information. Maybe we need to compile this...

On a side note, I'd really like to know what size horns you think would work for them. I mean, from already established companies. I see you had a pair of Leeke horns in size small, but I'm hoping maybe we have more options?

#66 FemmmeFatality, Jul 18, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2021
    7. I think the biggest issue is how small the head is... however, I am a fantasy parts hoarder with too many horns so if you want I can totally put every single horn in my possession on him xD (mostly Leeke and Soom though).

8. I am sure everyone complains about this, but I found a pair of 25.00 horns that then required 40.00 in shipping. *sigh*

I didn't think it would be this hard to get a pair of ram-type demon horns for my guy.

9. What eyes do you guys use for these little guys? I don't much like the available 6 mm eyes that I've seen, they all look too fake/plasticky for my tastes.

10. I've got 8mm by Volks made for their Dollfie Plus line in both my guys. 6mm looked too small and these have lots of white. catch the light nicely.
      not sure if Volks still makes them. perhaps on ebay or marketplace.
      not sure what David will wear. he's not coming home any time soon.

11. @sno4wy - take a look on my photo blog. 'Rafe' and 'Orange' show the eyes well.

12. I ordered from Glazky - they cost 2 bucks, and you can order them in sizes as big or small as you want, you even get to choose pupil size!

13. Not pupil size, but iris, which is very handy with these realistic sculpts. A small iris is often needed.

I ordered Glazki eyes for everyone and the tracking stopped working after they reached the UK, about two weeks ago. I have got a horrible feeling I am never going to see them. I'll give it another week and get in touch. Hopefully they can claim compensation from their postal service (even though it is clearly ours that ballsed up).

Why is eye buying like a recurring nightmare?

14. Awesome, thanks guys! I was going to drop another 20 bucks on a pair of Masterpiece eyes before their 40% off promotion runs out, but $2 is certainly better than $20! XD

15. Poulette found that the 7mm Glazkis fit the eye well best. There are some photos in here somewhere, if you have a dig around.

16. Yeah, I got to order ten sets of eyes and I'll choose from my preference. I ended up getting the 7mm and some medium size and large size pupils.

Even able to get popovy sized. :) (which they have given the exact size in the popovy thread)

17. Ok, I consider 'pets' accessories, I apologize if this is not allowed, but I'm new to 'sizing' things. Does anyone have BJD animals for their fashion sized peoples? I'm looking at the Eve cat, not sure if 4mm will be too small. Would that seem like kitten size? I am using their handy 'calculator' to see things, but still isn't helping.

18. [​IMG] I a
      m not sure I understood the question but I have an Evethecat British Cat and the scale is OK with fashion size Dollshes, IMO.
      Iplehouse doggies are too big to be the breeds they represent but are too cute to leave out of the fun.

#79 Therealwalter, Jul 22, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    19. You understood!

What size eve do you have though?