1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What human stores/brands would your doll/s love?

Jan 4, 2019

1. GUCCI GUCCI GUCCI GUCCI GUCCI

Lol, my doll Stella is such a diva and she's quite the stylist.

2. My Jasmin-Faye would be looking through all the second hand shops to find Victorian dress or looking on line at Gothic-Victorian. My others not so sure as I have not really got a style for them and not being into fashion myself

3. For the most part my dolls have pretty ordinary fashion sense along the lines of clothing you could find in H&M or Express. I have a few themed ensembles I plan to make for them like miko robes and school uniforms, but they're meant to be costumes rather than their chosen style.

4. I get the majority of my inspiration for sewing for my dolls from human fashion. I haven't really thought about this enough to have specific brands or designers for every single one of my dolls, but I do know that I'm constantly saying "Matilda would wear that" practically every time I see a new Instagram post from Alexander McQueen. Mostly though I'm not brand specific, I just like looking at human fashion from all kinds of sources for doll inspiration. Street style, couture, costume design, vintage shops...I find things I want to make tiny versions of everywhere.

#24 thedarkeststar13, Mar 13, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    5. My girls would be attracted to almost anything in Pyramid Collection or Holy Clothing. They would do antiques for furnishings & accessories. Also include some flea market finds.

6. What an interesting question! I've always thought that if only I own a magical "shrinking machine", I'll be able to buy human clothes and shrink them for my dollies! :XD:
      Amos would probably go to op-shops and vintage stores (if he lives in the present era), for he's that sort of carefree guy and would love a unique, quirky old-fashioned sort of style. :)
      Valentin, my RD Priest K that I'm still waiting for, would totally have a sophisticated upper-class wardrobe, presumably all bespoke suits from Savile Row. He's a typical aristocrat with expensive tastes. :D

7. You know, despite them being based on characters of mine, I've never actually given this a thought! And, the majority of these are just floating heads at the moment...

• Sam - Thrift shops, most definitely, and probably Hot Topic. She'd probably also have a handful of vintage designer pieces; treasured thrift shop finds, not actual brand-new purchases she's kept hold of all these years.
      • Ethan - Hot Topic and thrift shops again. Maybe, occasionally, Gap. And, a few of the smaller fashion houses. I suppose he'd call them 'indie' fashion, a bit like the arthouse 'indie' films.
      • Bailey - Oh, most definitely the clothes-horse of the group! Even if all he wears most of the time is a vest and jeans, you'd better believe they're high-end, darling! Prada, Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Levi's, etc. You name it, he's probably got it in his wardrobe.
      • Milo - Again, a bit of a clothes-horse, but only in certain colours. Mostly black. And, mostly Moschino, I feel.
      • Jax - Dolce and Gabbana, all the way. 100% Dolce and Gabbana. The dude's a damn diva!

Oh, I almost forgot the impulse dolls! One, who's technically off-topic in the main board, would be a Tom Ford fan. The other, Alden, would be for anything that he can work in. Carhartt, Timberland, Dickies. Although, his doll form is actually child-like, so... actually, Dickies do a kids' line. So, Dickies and Timberland still. He's a bit of a robust, go-get-'em, hands-dirty kind of boy/guy (I'd love to graduate him into an SD size someday, but only if I find the perfect sculpt).

#27 ivorysand, Mar 14, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    8. Holland would spend hours browsing minimalist clothing brands like COS, JCrew, Margaret Howell and Uniqlo (they are his preferred style) but he would also be at home in Burberry and clothing from gentlemen's tailors. I regularly draw inspiration for his wardrobe from their lookbooks and current collections. It's not often that doll clothing offer basics that are wearable but just a bit different, and I like looking at their materials and styles for sewing ideas.