1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What Image host do you use?

Nov 14, 2020

1. I run my hosting through my site. If you already use Wordpress for hosting a blog or otherwise, the media uploader on the backend can host images to be posted places other than your blog.

I've used Dreamhost for years for both my DNS and hosting, they've always been reasonably priced and easy (esp with the Wordpress package) for me.

(Edit: realize I missed this was looking for free, sorry!)

2. I stopped using Flickr, because I've almost reached the image limit and don't want to pay for Pro right now lol. Stopped using Imgur, cause it's difficult to keep things nice and organized (unless they've changed things, haven't been on in a while).

I now mostly use Freeimage.host. They have a 128MB limit for uploads, but allow unlimited images (like Imgur, though Imgur has a smaller file size limit. they also don't require a phone number to sign up like Imgur does). You can make albums to organize you images, they also have the BBCode that's needed to share them on forums like DoA.

Have also had luck making a private server on Discord and uploading the pictures there, but I much prefer using a regular hosting site just cause I'm more used to it lol

3. Hi everyone,
      Does anyone have an android app that hosts photos so you can get url links? I'm trying to add photos here so I can sell some bjds.

I joined Flickr on my laptop but the url doesn't work here.

I'd love to find an app, so I can do everything on my phone.

Thanks!

4. I use Imgur for my photos. Super easy!

5. I use Gyazo.

6. I also use Imgur! It's easy from mobile to utilize, though sometimes if the servers are busy you have to try again another time to upload your image, which is a little annoying (but it's free so hey :lol:)

When you upload on mobile, it will upload it as a new album (even if it's just one picture). Select that 'album' and then when the picture is open you can copy the image link (otherwise, you copy the album link, which isn't what you want).

7. So glad I found this thread, I've been struggling with the same issue, I think I'm gonna have to try Imgur, I've been struggling with Flickr

8. I've been using Freeimage.host that was recommended above and I like it so far! It works well on mobile browser, easy to upload and copy image codes from.

9. Even though there's a little bit of a learning curve... I still say getting your own web address and hosting space is the best way to go. You won't have to worry about file size limitations, ugly watermarks or your photo host getting greedy or going down in proverbial flames that way.

No, that isn't free. You'll have to pay to register your domain name and for the web hosting space, and to post images on some forums you'll also need to have your own security certificate... But after watching so many people get burned (More than once in some cases-) by freebie photo-posting sites over the years, I have to say it's worth absolutely every penny *not* to have to deal with that crap.

Web-hosting is pretty cheap these days. Call it a hobby investment just like a new pair of dolly boots or a spare set of hands or eyes.

(I use ICDSoft as my web host. I've been with them since 2004 and have had absolutely no complaints. They're good at what they do, and fast to help if you need them.)

#29 Brightfires, Nov 30, 2022
      Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    10. How do you get the image link from discord?

11. not really an image host, technically, but i’ve been using tumblr for image hosting purposes for years

12. Flickr; but I need to find something else because I'm getting close to maxing it out for the free account.

13. On the PC app, right click on the picture -> Copy Link. Or you can click on the picture, and when it opens up larger, click on "Open original", which will open the picture on your browser. Copy the link from there.

On the mobile app, tap to open the photo larger. There should be the "share" symbol somewhere, where there's a link you can copy. (This is on the Android app, I don't know how the iPhone app looks.)

14. I second this - I have my own domain and hosting (greatskyriver.net). When I got back into BJDs after a long hiatus, I made a subdomain on my domain (doll.greatskyriver.net) and threw together a doll blog. (I use Bludit, but WordPress is popular and common, you can use it on your own domain.) It took half an hour to set up and customize the blog with a nice theme, and now I have a space to post as many doll photos as I want without worrying about running out of space or losing them. I usually post to the blog from PC (since I like to edit photos first) but I can also login to my blog from my phone and add photos that way.

If I want to show the photos on DoA, I right click/copy/paste the image link from my blog to DoA.

I see my domain as my permanent home base on the Internet (well, as permanent as a webhost can be) that's not subject to the whims of social media and platforms. Yes it costs some money every year, but as they say, "if it's a free Net service, you're the product being sold", and the service can do whatever it pleases and you have little to no say about what happens to your images. There's less risk of that when you pay for your own domain.

#34 aihre, Dec 4, 2022
      Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    15. Nice, thank you so much!
      Now I can finish my dolls profiles :XD:

16. @s1257 Holy cow, this is a game-changer! I had no idea Discord worked as an image hosting site, but I tried it and it works! So much easier than any other option I've used in the past.

17. I personally use Imgur, as I've used it for years, but I am considering just making a Discord server and using that instead.
      So many Reddit memes on the homepage, and for over a year I would get an error on my phone when trying to view the images I uploaded. It only recently started working again.

18. So I was using Discord as an image host, but within the past few weeks, they have changed how they are doing hotlinking to images. I used that change to move most of my images to Cloudflare which has a free product called Pages that allows hosting of static pages. I took some screenshots of how you may be able to leverage Cloudflare to host your images which is currently free for files up to 25MB and 20k files.

Fair warning that this will not work for some people, but there are few hosts that are not riddled with ads or paid subscription, this is a nice option to have.

Create your account and on your dashboard, select "Workers & Pages"
      [​IMG]

Create a new application
      [​IMG]

Click on the "Pages" tab

[​IMG]

Choose "Upload assets"
      [​IMG]

Create a project. I chose to name mine veralyne-doa-images and upload the folder containing the images you have.

[​IMG]

Deploy

[​IMG]

They should be uploaded and you can access them by name.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are some downsides as you have to upload all your files in the folder you have, and if you remove any files locally and re-upload, it will delete them from your host storage. I hope this is helpful for someone else :)