1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

what is more exciting searching , deciding, opening the box or playing with the doll

Jul 9, 2015

1. I think for me, the most fun is playing with the doll AND the waiting period itself. Waiting to see what character can be created, if you have one of the same size already, making clothes or buying them. Getting ready for the new arrival. It's fun! And then when said new arrival is here taking pictures and just... Sighing happily while your holding it.

2. Definitely opening the doll. After all the research, waiting and saving finally he/she arrives. so exciting!!

3. Opening the box and playing with the doll of course!! Those are the best parts!! First opening them, to see them in person is the most exciting!!!! There is that unreal feeling with the box there in front of you. After waiting so long it feels dreamlike with how delicate the moment is.
      I love holding them too. Feeling their weight, the movement of their joints, the squeaks, clicks, and creaks... Something very magical about that everytime. Feels almost too good to be true, that you managed to get so far as to own one. That they're yours to keep (if you want to) now!! Then the doll being there to play with and dress up is a constant reminder of all that joy. A treasure that you earned. :)

#103 Advntr.gal, Nov 5, 2015
      Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    4. I've only had the experience once, but to me I think it's definitely opening the doll. It's one thing to see photos of the sculpt but the moment I opened the carrying bag she came in and saw that beautiful face looking at me was just magical. I fell in love with her all over again and seeing her in person, safe and actually here and not just a goal anymore, it was a wonderful feeling.

5. I definitely think opening the box is the most exciting part for me - especially after such a long wait! Playing with them is like a reward for being so patient and I find that my initial joy from the box opening does not mellow over the years.

6. Even though I ususally have a hard time deciding on the sculpt I want to get, I absolutely love finally buying the doll and their clothes, accessories and so on. I'm kind of a shopaholic when it comes to dolls haha.
      Since I'm super impatient, waiting for the doll is more of a torture for me but opening them is an entirely different thing.
      My heart actually starts pounding like crazy and I get terribly happy when I set eye on my baby after months of waititng.
      Dressing and playing with them is always so much fun but if I had to choose my favourite part of it all It'd definitely be the box opening : )

7. Browsing and finally opening are my favorite parts. I got my first doll after YEARS of waiting in 2011. I told myself 'only one', then it became 'oh well I'll buy this one second hand off my friend to help her out with money...' and now the husband and I share 7. Planning always takes me the longest. I haven't bought a doll in a while now! At least 2 years. Hopefully I can go through it again, it's just such a pick-me-up.