1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the biggest doll you have ever seen?

Feb 14, 2011

1. I hadn't heard about the 90cm AOD's until I found this thread, but now I really want to see one.
      The Lusion is the biggest I've found just generally looking at different companies.
      My mother says she's seen a life-sized one on tv but I suspect she was lying. Though it is possible from some other posts on here, but I wouldn't think BJD's are popular enough for Canadian television.

2. Polkeroo, I very much doubt she was lying. There are several companies that have started to bring out 1:1 scale BJDs, and there is far more awareness in Western media now of BJDs - I find it entirely possible that one might have been shown briefly on Canadian TV as a curiosity. It's pretty unpleasant to automatically assume your own mother is lying just because you haven't seen them on TV yourself.

3. I would suspect that maybe she's seen one of the documentaries about realdoll type dolls. (Lifesize, anatomically "functional" dolls for very lonely men, for those who aren't familiar with them.)

I've seen a whole bunch of the Papermoon dolls while in Japan a few years ago. AsoBit City, a big figure/model/anime goods shop had half of their top floor behind glass, with a huge display with quite a few PaperMoon dolls in various costumes. They were using a bunch of them as mannequins to display some of the cosplay costumes they sell, as well, which actually raises the question for me whether a PaperMoon doll is really a doll, or more of an unusually poseable mannequin.

4. Obitsu have produced a 1:1 doll as well, and several Korean and Japanese artists have produced 1:1 one-offs. I very much doubt someone could mistake a RealDoll for a BJD though.

5. biggest ive heard of is 91cm and bet ways a good amount x,x i know someone who has an 80cm and they said they can't even take him to meets because he gives her arm ache XD

6. oh my gosh! Cosplayshots, that what it was! I assumed she was lying becuase she's always complained about she thinks BJD's have some sort of sexual purpose and has always been set on getting me away from the hobby. She said the man treated the doll like his wife and took her "to bed" with him. I suspected she was lying also because no doll I had heard of was sculpted for that purpose. And to be honest, maybe I'm naive, but I don't want to research to see if that exists =/

7. I have ordered a 70 CM doll, but the biggest iv seen before that I guess is 70-80 CM on an anime convention.

8. Dream odf angels 90cm dolls!

9. 90 cm AOD in life. The owner of a local BJD store has one in her possession. When I first saw him, I was like o__O. Too big for my comfort though.

10. Yeah obitsu's 1:1 scale is the biggest I have seen too. :\ creepeh.

11. I saw one of the AoD 90cm boys at Otakon a few years ago. Not really to my taste with how they sculpted him. After that is my friends Mecha Angel who is 80cm. I call him gigantor. :P

12. The biggest doll I've seen in person is my best friend's Loongsoul Doll Ivan -- he's ~73cm tall. I love him to pieces, but he might be just a smidge too large for me. XD

13. There was a vendor at an anime con I went to recently who had a 90cm AoD sitting in their booth. Holy cow, I thought my 63cm doll was big until then. Very impressive but too much doll for me XD

14. saw a Soom 80cm during a meet..he really has long legs..and almost half the height of the owner..

15. So far the largest I've seen in person was a soom, what i assume was a mecha angel, guy at 80cm. The same person also had an Iplehouse 70cm guy who imo seemed a bit larger than the soom. Perhaps it was his hands and muscles....

But a 90cm?! Jeebus that's big. I had no idea that bjd's went that big. I do remember seeing pics of a lifesize anime doll, I don't know who made it I'd guess it was an obitsu, that was as big as the asian man sitting next to it. I don't know if it was jointed though...the area where the joints would be were covered by clothing or hidden.

16. 25-30 pounds!!!!! D8

Wow, so I guess if I ever want one of those big boys then I'll need to pump some iron and build up my muscles... *is a little 5'0 high school girl*

I haven't actually had the chance to hold a bjd over 50 cm in real life yet, but I've heard they're heavy.

Lets hope that I'll be able to hold them up with the strength of my love.

17. The biggest resin I've seen in person is the Lusion. Can just imagine how heavy they and the even larger sizes mentioned here are. I have a vintage Patti Playpal and other artist dolls in the 36-38" height range. They just stand around as I find them very big and cumbersome to handle. I know of a few that are 48" tall, again wayyyyyyyy to big for me.

18. Actually, the 90 cms weigh around 12-15lbs, though they could be up to 25lbs if they were wearing really heavy clothing. I just ordered a 90cm, so I was informed of the weight for shipping purposes. XD I can't wait to set him at my booth for the next con I'm going to, though he may scare a couple of people.

19. I saw this doll at Otakon too... I think... He was the largest doll I had ever seen... now I gotta look back and see if I can find the picture I took of him.... *starts checking old photo files*

20. When I was at A-Kon, two people had the 90cm AOD dolls. They are disturbing. ;) Frankly, for me, that's simply too big; it looks like a 5-yr.-old, but is sculpted to look adult in the face, and I just find that odd. One of the ladies had hers in a baby stroller, because it was so heavy, and all her smaller dolls were perching around it (that was rather adorable). The other belonged to a shop in the dealers' room, and was up on a shelf. I could see them as more display pieces, but I wouldn't ever want one.

On the even larger end, when I lived in Japan, there were several shops in the Akihabara area that had life-sized Dollfie Dreams (clearly; they look exactly like the smaller sculpts, even down to their costuming details). They were probably between 5' and 5'3" because they were almost my height. They were actually very pretty, and I totally wanted one of those! I saw Rei and Asuka from NG:Evangelion (both summer dress and plug suit editions), Misty/Kasumi from Pokemon (along with a scale Pikachu), several young boys from a series I didn't know, and my personal favorite Saber from Fate/Stay Night. She had her full blue outfit and armor and sword, and she was spectacular!