1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the biggest doll you have ever seen?

Feb 14, 2011

1. I too was thinking of taking Eamon to meets in a pushchair/buggy/stroller - only worry being all the inevitable comments from non-doll people along the way - I dread to think! I wore cosplay on a train to a convention last year and it was just a TAD embarrassing, unless you're a total extravert, which I'm not LOL

Lady Tiku now I'm thinking miniature cart with tiny Shetland pony pulling it - or maybe a large dog....definitely another one for the extraverts! I reckon you would stop traffic with that setup! :D

2. The biggest I've seen in person was at Otakon two years ago, and he was 90cm I believe. If I can find it, I'll post a picture of size comparison between him and my Dollfie Dream!

3. I think my tallest is 72cm. The biggest I've seen is some life-size thing that costs like $6k. @_@ That's not a doll to me; that's just a mannequin, whether you pick out its eyes and hair or not!

4. The biggest I've seen IRL is my Delf Claus. :sweat I haven't seen any IRL besides my own. ._.

The biggest I've seen in pictures on the internet is D-storic's IZI... she's 3 inches taller than me. O.o; No way would I ever be able to handle that, lol. I can't even imagine how the elastic would have to be.

5. The biggest I've seen IRL was I think either 80 or 90cm, I forget which. She could wear size 2 toddler shoes!

The biggest I've seen online was the 150cm Obitsu. Which I think is awesome, but she may be breakable due to her size since Obitsu has problems with their 65cm dolls wrists. Also, a doll that large would probably rarely if ever leave the house since it'd be such a hassle.

6. the "Doll Coach" with a pony was the inspiration sort of... I have seen pics of old vicorian pram types that had a 'toy horse' in front to look like what you said. I just can't make something like that or I would lol... And at 45 I don't care who laffs anymore... I also spent alot of time in theatre working with costumes.... modesty is extremely impractical backstage... I no longer feel shame that way LOL... And as far as seeming odd with a pram... cover it so they don't know if its a baby or not ^^, and at a con... if someone looks at you odd with that then what are they doing at a con?... Ordinarily I try not to stick out... jsut for certain events... and just saying why you are carting around a giant doll ('going to a club meet') is often all it takes. And ppl are usually more facinated than put off... especially by the bigger ones in my experiance.

Bigger is better! I say ^^

7. LOL - I'm going to try sewing him some more trousers today Lady Tiku - the headache of having a huge doll to dress! The ones he's wearing in pic on previous page were made from 2 sleeves from my son's top (my son is 19) - which kind of worked! But I'm going to try making him some nicer ones now I've restrung him and painted out his black makeu and fallen in love with him again - I feel SO GUILTY for leaving him in bits in a box for months!

Meanwhile here's another piccy of him next to my AoD SD Qian - on a single bed

[​IMG]

8. I have seen a AoD 90cm doll at an anime convention once. It was crazy! That thing was so big I thought it was a toddler! It was really freaky lol. That's just way too big.