1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the limit??

May 26, 2010

1. I like Yo-SD sized dolls and MSDs, so I wouldn't want to spend more than $400 for a doll :/ That's just the basic doll though. Of course they need wigs/eyes/clothes/shoes, so who knows when you add it up...

As long as it comes from my spending money (ie, not rent/food/necesities money), I'm not worried about it.

2. My limit is usually $250-300 on average. And surprisingly, I've only paid over 300 once and it was for my absolute dream doll. When I look at my other dolls, I didn't buy them because of their sculpt...it was totally their price.:sweat I know that sounds terrible, but I see almost every BJD as beautiful in some way so sculpt preference isn't a big factor.The doll that started my resin addiction was a BBB Apollo that I bought for only two reasons: male bjd and cheap! I have so many characters planned that I rather have quantity over quality (price wise). Yeah, that Apollo is nothing special in the BJD world of really cool LEs or fantasy sculpts, but he is still my favorite character. My imagination is enough to make any doll into the character special to me. :)

3. I don,t have a limit, at first i said never to go over 500,00, but then i totaly fell in love with one more expensive and really had to have her.
      my most expensive dol is all included some over 800,00 so i try to have a limit but it not allways works...

4. No real limit for me, either. It all depends on whether he's worth it to me-- a function of what exactly that doll is vs. what sort of reaction he inspires in me. If it's True Love, and true love is still within my budget, then he shall be mine. End of story.

5. My doll is an MSD, but I have my eye on an SD from the same company. I'm determined to get him. He'll probably be a tad over 600 dollars once I factor in the "extras". I don't think I'd spend any more than what he costs. (Well, not any time soon, anyway.)

6. That sums up my feelings nicely :). I'm vying for my second doll, and looking on Y!J for her it's looking to be 1000ish after importing's said and done. But it's instant love, so I'll just have to save =]. Saving's always within the budget :)

7. I used to have much higher limits than I do now. Don't get me wrong, I still will spend a pretty penny on a doll (with as many Volks dolls as I own, I kinda have to *_*), but I find myself put off by price more now than before. It's not that I don't feel this or that doll is worth so much money, I just don't feel like paying it I guess. A year or so ago, I would have been scrambling to buy this or that doll even with the $1,200 price tag on it; I DID pay $1,200 for both my Volks Rose and Kaelin. Now though? Not so much. Volks Michele, Williams, Luna, these three come to mind particularly. I think all three of them are wonderful and definitely stand out to me amongst the other Volks dolls. But when I see a Michele selling for $2,000 or a Williams or Luna HEAD (just the head, not even a body involved here) going for $1,400, I would have to say I'm not terribly interested anymore.

So yes, I suppose there is a price limit at which a doll no longer can hold my attention. I would say anything above $800-$1,000 for a head and $1,200-$1,400 for a whole doll is where I start to feel a bit ridiculous even thinking about it.

8. I'm willing to pay up to $600 on a blank doll but including all the extras, like face ups, wigs, clothes and shoes, its more around $750-$800. But there will need to be a few months layaway. lol