1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the meaning behind your DOA username? Pt.2

Aug 26, 2019

1. I have always love the mental image of a unicorn with a chainsaw for a horn. It's really as simple as that.

2. I feel like I answered this before, but I will again anyway!
      My username, for all my doll related accounts, is SacredMonsoon. Which came from two Tokio Hotel songs, something I seriously loved back in 2009. I still love it, my username has never been something I didn't like, it's pretty and calming, much like my dolls. So, I like it! ;)

3. I came by this name when I was given a game account by a friend. At first I took it for granted but eventually I realized it sounded catchy and unique. That was when I decided to use it for most my online accounts. Believe it or not, this name does not appear on any sites when Googled (except my accounts obviously)

4. Mirrorcle World is the name of a song by singer Ayumi Hamasaki. I'm not sure of the meaning of the song lyrics, but I really love it :)

5. I use this name on most social media. Baras are basically the Japanese equivalent of a (gay) bear. (A rly good example is Gengoroh Tagame's art but NSFW warning) So like bigger gay dudes lol Sometimes they're shown as just being rly buff and others more so the like strongman chubby buff? Not long after I accepted I'm trans I got rly into the idea of working for a strongman body type? I'm currently a pretty soft and chubby dude, but that buffer bara aesthetic is something that's become sort of a long term transition goal. So I'm currently, a soft dude who hopes to be a bara lol

6. My DOA username is basically an English translation of my nickname in real life.:XD: Didn't think much when I created an account here.:XD:

7. My comes from Greek mythology,
      Hades (also known as Haides, Aides, and/or Aidoneus) is known as the God of the Underworld.
      As an avid history and mythology lover,
      I fell in love with Hades when I heard about him and of his fate to rule the Underworld.
      Personally, I believe he is misunderstood by people and did I mention he is my favourite God of all mythology?
      As the username Hades was taken, I settled for Haides, which is also good :thumbup.

8. It's just a short version of tohoshinki, which is the group name of the two men in my display picture. funnily, granado once made a head that resembles one of the members :whee:

9. I... love my SD :XD:

10. Mine is based off of my pen name and the fact that I like French and faeries. Fun fact, I made this name before I was truly interested in Fairyland dolls so I didn't even really know about minifees or anything when I made it.

11. Uhm it's kind of a lame otaku thing, I got it from Mizuki Ashiya, the main character of the manga/drama Hanazakari No Kimitachi E (or HanaKimi, "For You In Full Blossoms"). She's really cute and it's my favorite manga and I liked the name :sweat I haven't actually read a lot of manga so I don't consider myself an otaku... But I still use the name sometimes when I need a name for something hahah
      Now "Elciled", that's my "artist" name that I got from the names of my 2 grandmothers, I just mixed them until I created this weird sounding thing.

12. Mine was the name of a cow I had back when I played minecraft

13. It's my name irl, very creative, I know :p

14. It's my username in an online game I play that's related to dragons.... It's a mashup of Dovahzul, the dragon language in Skyrim, and Elvhen, ancient elven language in Dragon Age, my two most favourite games. It translates as "My Dragon Heart" (elvhen dovahzul elvhen). Fun fact, reversing the languages (dov elv dov) the name would be "Dii Isenatha Rii".

15. When I was 11/12 I played a little chat website that is now gone,it was a cute avatar game. There were many Darths in it. We had SithPizza,DarthCupcake,DarthWaffle etc and I was DarthPancake. Have used it ever since :)

16. Thinking of a username is the bane of my existence. No matter how hard I try, I can't ever think of a name. They always sound to cringy to me for some reason. So, I just used a random username generator. Didn't like any of the names it came up with, but I combined parts of two suggested usernames that I thought will sound pleasing to the ear. Even back then I thought it sounded kind of cringy, but it was the only username that stuck in my memory. Alas, Unknown Madness was born.

17. I made a youtube account when I was 9. At the time, i liked this really edgy picture editor named Darkchu. Me, wanting to be noticed by senpai, made my name something equal, Witch and Pikachu thrown together to make Witchachu. Senpai ended up abandoning the channel but the name was so unique, it has stuck with me forever as a username I know nobody else will have

18. My name is just the german word for froglegs because aren't frogs cute? And because it makes me giggle when i imagine how people try to spell it.

19. The name I'm using here is also the pen name of my fanfiction account on FF that I made back in 2008. I haven't touched that account in years because I'm on Ao3 now and I like it better (I have a different username there though). Anyway, back in 2008 I was a sophomore in high school and I had just started taking Latin! I remember either our teacher told us, or I had read it or heard it somewhere, that Monday in Latin was "Diana's Day" (Diana being the moon goddess in the Roman pantheon, taken from the Greek Artemis). I've always loved Roman and Greek mythology, and I especially love moon goddesses because they are depicted as proud and silent, dark and mysterious loners, which is what I fancied myself to be as well. So I decided that my name would be a tiny celebration of Diana, because I identify with her a lot and I hope she's having a good time out there on the moon.

20. I'm named after a type of magical creature from the Harry Potter series. 'Chizpurfle carapaces' are mentioned as a potion ingredient, and that phrase just stuck in my head for many years after first reading it. I think it's pretty catchy. I use both Chizpurfle and Chizpurfle Carapace as usernames in different places.