1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the meaning behind your DOA username? Pt.2

Aug 26, 2019

1. Mine is the name of a Kate Nash song I liked as a teenager, One of those songs you say "that's so me" too :lol:
      I've used it for different accounts over the years so It just made sense to use it on DOA as well

2. Mine is from "Lenore" by Edgar Alan Poe. I am a Poe fangirl :D

3. My art handle is TithorDacis which roughly translates to "tree of death" in one of my husband's constructed languages that I really like. My doll handle was meant to be a twist on that and be "tree of life", but I just used my first doll's given name with a Latin first declension nominative ending instead. So, TithorArgentus!

4. I'm a name nerd (as in, I like collecting interesting and beautiful names and learning about their meaning and history) and most of my usernames are one or two names I like. Both of these names are ancient Roman.

5. I've been using this name on and off. It's a nicer way of saying "Poison Ivy."

6. When I created the username, I was into Stargate SG-1 a lot (I still am). Since my favourite character is a so-called Jaffa, I wanted a name that sounds like it's a girl from this race. That's why there's actually an Apostroph in my name (Kin'ril), but I don't write it out when registering somewhere because it might lead to problems :)

7. It's not something special, just my writing nickname and I used it everywhere. From The Sims to forums...
      It's not a true presudo, I just love it. It has no meaning at first, but I just tried to grant this name a meaning myself.

8. Mine is simply "user name" spelled backwards! I use it all over the place. When I first started using it I wasn't feeling terribly creative, I also noticed there's tons of other "eman resu"s around as it's a low hanging fruit for lazy names on most sites, so I feel like it gives me just a touch of extra anonymity around the internet which is comforting. Sometimes it varies what numbers come after it or if any do at all.

9. My username is a collective of all the wrong grammar rules in Japanese. Koumori is bat. I misspelled that on purpose. The dot is because I couldn't stick a hyphen there. The san is a way of addressing someone, in this case genderless ms. or mr. The "O" is my take on a "o" being added to a name or title in reverence. Put that puzzle together, and it cobbles out.....the great mr.bat. lol.

10. I use Byte for pretty much all my social media so... might as well carry on the trend!

11. I don't remember if I've answered this here or not. Kyarwon (pronounced kee-AHR-won) is the name of one of my OCs, and I use it for a lot of my social media and other sites.

12. I use this or some combination of it for my online accounts, as it’s usually not taken. IDk why I use and like it so much. It’s just such a fun word!

13. I use this user name on most sites that I sign up for. It’s really important to me because fuailei was my Chinese name before I got adopted. Fu being my last name and Ailei (Ah-lay) being my first.

14. This name originated as my Gaia online username, Amari Gemerald, which later turned into my gaming/art handle.
      Gem is short for Gemerald (shortened because I’m lazy lol). It’s a mix of Gem and Emerald that my sister came up with (because my fav color is green). :clover
      Amari was chosen randomly as a name that sounded good with Gemerald. I’m pretty sure its stolen from Amari Nobunaga in Inuyasha. :lol:

15. I wish I had meaning behind my user name but I think mine is pretty self-explanatory lol I just love books and tea and felt like I wanted a change from my usual username I have had on other forums.

Such a lovely thread as I felt as I was reading that I was getting an insight on why they chose their name and who people were.

16. It is the same tag I use for everything... Haven't changed it since... Well ever really :D At this point more people know me by it than by my birth name I bet :D
      As for the history - it was a joke originally - Shodan is the main villain of System Shock 2 - a female supercomputer who thinks she is a god, so it was funny to tag myself that way in chats :) Of course once I started to use it more I needed it to be a bit more unique - hence the difference in spelling.
      Fun fact - shodan is althou a karate dan, a level of skill so to speak, so the name can't really be copyrighted, hence I can use it as my work tag as well. Not something I thought about when I started using it, but fortunate not the less :)

17. i have NO goddamn idea what this name means. I made it like, 3 years ago, left the site, and only came back a few months ago. I love lemonade though, so that might be part of it? it's cute either way lol

18. Ying Xin is my mandarin given name. Im debating using it for college, but at the same time the cantonese version is easier for westerners to pronounce and its what my grandma called me. Its just that i dont know cantonese. I at least know a bit of mandarin fjfjdjd

edit: cantonese version is wing yun

19. I think kyubey is cuter in the manga. I'm not that deep, haha

20. It's an old default online name I've had for years. All my usernames have some sort of animal theme to them, and okami means wolf in Japanese plus the numbers have meaning that was relevant at the time but meaningless now. lol