1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the meaning behind your DOA username? Pt.2

Aug 26, 2019

1. It is my name, and I love dolls :D

2. My email address (years ago) was vikidd (Viki Drewry Davis). I made arrangement to meet with a real estate agent and all she really knew about me was my email address. She called me Violet. She assumed from the email address that my name was Violet Kidd. And now I am.

3. Wasn't there a thread on DoA about embarrassing usernames? I think it might have been in the Brigadoon, but I can't find it anymore. I used to love reading through that thread - it was hilarious :lol: If anyone has the link to that thread, please share!

And for my username, it's mostly just a stylized version of my birth name, Amy ^^

4. I was 16, thought it was hilarious and the best thing ever, and oh boy do I regret it. If I could change it I would, but unfortunately I'm stuck with it. I guess it's just a lesson in caution.

5. Pixeam is the username I use on most social medias and video games. It is like my online name. I've had it since high school. It is a mix between Pixel and Dreams. After all, most of the things we see online are pixelated and I also like to sleep and dream a lot :kitty2

6. She's always been my favorite villain - even before Angelina Jolie gave her a do-over. Even as a kid, I liked her better than the protagonist.

I've had many usernames over the years - now that I'm "middle-aged," I'm embracing my inner cranky witch. Who really just wanted a nap, y'all...

Edited to add: it’s a play on my second favorite scene in Sleeping Beauty, my favorite being when she fires lightning at her minions after they’ve pissed her off while screaming, “Fools! Idiots! IMBECILES!” Cuz let’s be real - who hasn’t wanted to do that sometimes?

#106 MaleficentMrsofEvil, Apr 27, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    7. Mine's pretty simple. Snakes are actually one of my favorite animals, and a lot of vipers are very pretty in particular. And orchids are my favorite types of flowers.

8. When I was in massage school we did trades as part of practicing new techniques. One day the person I traded with said "that was phenomenal" and the teacher quipped "you're a phenom!". I really liked that so I took it and it's been my user name/gamer tag/etc. ever since. I add the Star sometimes because I like space and light/energy powers lol.

9. Clefairy is my favorite Pokémon. They are pink and squishy and cute.

10. It's a username I end up using in lot of places since it's has been so far rather unique and so not usually be taken yet. Originally Arachlia was name of alt-account in Gaia Online. I think it was inspired bit by big spider from Lord of the Rings, and just modified to sound more girlish name.

11. Back when email was just getting started and I had to come up with a username, I thought, my husband always called our daughter monkeybones because she was always climbing and afraid of nothing. I'm her mom, so.....

12. This. Pink Pokémon are the best Pokémon!

13. i was really into iconography and puritan naming conventions when i was 17 and now i'm stuck with it, i guess? it could be worse, all things considered.

14. I mean, I went through a British TV phase where I wanted to call myself Farty Towels, so I tend to agree.

15. Mine is pretty obvious :lol:
      I really liked a certain entertainer at the time.

16. I needed a fake name for one of my e-mails or something like that when I was underaged. So I found a name/surname that I liked and used them. Then I decided to use it once again on a couple of websites, then it went to my game profiles and eventually I have this nickname on 90% of resources I use =D

P.S. I even used it in one of the fanfiction stories I wrote years ago!

17. Absolutely nothing. I signed up here when I was 16 years old, and was one of those kids in high school who just liked the things I liked, despite them being taboo or looked down on (in particular, anime fans were non-existent in the countryside). So I kind of came up with the monicker as a joke to myself as a way to embrace being considered a "weird anime kid."

18. It's self depreciating :lol:

Ätzend in German is kind of bland if you take it literally, but in slang it means... kind of like how in English we use "suck" as something that's no good lol

It came from me joking to a friend something like "whatever, I'm ätzend" then changing my discord name to Ätzend and then it kinda stuck with people calling me Ätz lol. I don't mind. I do "ätzend" lol

Before this I just went by my actual name, which is a very rare spelling of a somewhat common name, but I kinda faked my own internet death and started anew so now I'm Ätzend lol

19. Lostkitten is a tribute to all the cats and kittens I tried to save over the decades and failed. I have been involved in cat rescue for over 5 decades and now help operate a large cat sanctuary. It still breaks my heart to lose even one.

20. this is actually my alt name from a while back, since I couldn't use soggytoast at the time, soapy rye is supposed to be related to soggy toast, rye being a type of bread and soapy instead of soggy... not a great name in hindsight lol but I don't think there's any way to change it. Hence why my subtitle says "call me toast".

#120 soapyrye, May 25, 2021
      Last edited: May 25, 2021