1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the meaning behind your DOA username? Pt.2

Aug 26, 2019

1. Scarlett comes from professional wrestler Scarlett Bordeaux. And Addams comes from The Addams Family. It's not bad I don't really regret it. But there's so many different things I like sometimes I'm like "Seriously you couldn't think of anything else?!?":doh

2. it's my cosplay name and one of my OCs!

3. my name is aiwa and I bring trouble :evilplot:
      "oh! no! aiwa!!!!"
      well more like I say/do a lot of things that make my friends say things like "aiwa, no!!!!" or "oh no..."
      it's a name I use pretty much everywhere and funny enough it first started as my username for a nsfw blog but I liked it so much it spread to all platforms I use!

4. My initials and birthday - it’s my standard username for everything because it literally stands for me lol

5. Just a nickname if my first and second name.

6. When my husband and I first started dating, I found this fluffy rainbow unicorn pillow pet for $10 so I like...had to have it. We were sending each other cute pictures so I decided to take a cute picture of me with the rainbow unicorn pillow pet. I sent it to him and he said "you're a cute little flufficorn" and bam. Just like that. There's my internet handle. I use this name wherever I possibly can.

7. Mine is very simple

In japan there's this day of the month called meat day which is on the 29th because 2 (ni) 9 (kyu)

So my name just means meat meat

I love beef and i used to work in a yakiniku shop whereby my username was 2929 so i took that and implemented it into my IG

8. You could say your name is a "meat" cute. :P

9. My name everywhere is usually Avenged Peanut, but I wanted something simple for here and dropped the Avenged part of the name and kept 'Peanut'. This was a name a friend of mines gave me years ago. She said something along the lines of "I'm the jelly and you're the peanut butter and together we just stick." She would call me Peanut and I would call her Jelly. I took the peanut from that and added Avenged before it. The Avenged half came from one of my favorite bands. And ever since that I used the name everywhere. But, here I'm just called Peanut.

10. Ooo ooo!! Mine is an undertale character! It’s the weird mutant dog creature from the science lab. A few years ago I played the game and thought it was really cute, so now on a bunch of sites i have this user. Lol

11. My real name is Tamara, and when I was 14 I loved the singer Miyavi Ishihara. So, I got his Second name for my nickname, and I think it sounds consonant :D

12. 80s Strawberry Shortcake character I Loved as child. The character Figboot reminds me a lot of myself. Lol
      It is a cute chubby purple dinosaur looking thing who is shy, sweet and loves to eat. :D

13. September 13th is a special date for me and it was an interesting way to write the numbers.

14. Dancing fox spirit, to which, I was a weeaboo as a teenager. It was my handle all over the internet back in the early 2000's. Now I use "Queen Pierrot" everywhere, and boy what I wouldn't give to change my username here on DOA :(

15. Ashe Faust is a name I made up as an alias to use for art-related things, since I'm not exactly fond of my legal name. Since it kinda became my "brand" as an artist, I just use it for everything now pretty much. It's essentially become my online identity.

"Ashe" was taken from the character of the same name from FE3H, actually :XD: "Faust" was taken from an OC of my mine who has it as her last name -- Risel Faust, who I actually shelled as a BJD now. It kind of makes it seem like we're related, which is a bit weird imo but I can't really change it now

When choosing the name Faust for my Risel, I actually found it in a list of german surnames, since she was supposed to be german before I changed her story to a fantasy one. Faust was (in legend) a german magician who made a deal with the devil to attain all the knowledge in the world. I ended up using this "lore" as part of my OC worldbuilding, too

16. In is my usial nickname for friends ))Also it is "turtle" in Japanese)

17. I was really into anime in my early teens and loved the manga/anime Keroro (Sgt. Frog) and made my own frog persona called Yususu. Then I would change it to Yu-chan 'cause I thought it sounded cute and 92 my year of birth that I sometimes would add since most times there was already someone out there who picked Yu-chan before me. Nowadays I just go by Yus.

18. Shadeling Sanguine was my pseudonym for the longest time, until I started a tumblr, actually! Shadeling was taken, so I went with the latin name for a magpie, Corvus Pica Pica, which is my current username I have elsewhere.

A small part of my wants to change it here to match, but I'm not super fussed over it. <3

19. I was a 16-year-old obsessed with anime & Keiko from Yu Yu Hakusho was my favorite character :XD: 13 years later it doesn't really fit anymore, and it feels weird when people start up the debates over whether usernames like mine are appropriate, but it feels like I've had it too long to change it now & it would feel a bit like erasing that part of my life. My username here makes me smile because it reminds me of little me :)

#139 keiko-chan, Jul 14, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    20. This has been my screen name since like 1995 on AOL, maybe even 1994! I even use it for my "professional" email address