1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the meaning behind your DOA username? Pt.2

Aug 26, 2019

1. I wish I could remember why I chose this! I've always been terrible about not putting much thought into my usernames/not keeping them cohesive across platforms and this is no exception. It means "the street" in french, and we can only wonder about why that appealed to me in 2009... It's very on-brand for me in that regard. Something impulsive that maybe had some deeper meaning to it once (but let's be honest: it probably didn't), but either way I can't remember any more and now I'm stuck with it. :lol:

2. Literally it means "grass bird" in Finnish, but it's also a character in an old Finnish lullaby. Gives off a wistful vibe, bit sad but nostalgic.
      So basically pretty & homey.

3. Same name I've been using everywhere for many years now. The serpentyle torc is a loot item from Thief Dark Project. I was really deep in Thief lore for a while and wanted something associated with it, so I picked one that sounded nice. I've gotten so used to it I go by Torc even irl sometimes:lol:

4. I have a couple of usernames I use and most of them are of some kind of royalty because I love the whole medieval kings and queens things. :)
      I even made what I called a fake manga and it was in a kingdom ruled by a monarchy and in the kindom was also ruled by smaller royalty. I had made it years ago when I was a kid and now I want to make some of my ocs into bjd!

5. My user name is my German Shepherd's name. For her, Fayre means beautiful and while she's wild, she is.

6. Way back in the Dark Ages when the internet had just started to catch on. I was very very into wolves, but I (of course) didn't want anything that was spelled properly cause that's not Cool (ahh, high school....). So I became brytewolf, and have used that user name ever since, everywhere. I feel more comfortable being called "bryte" than anything else, but that's a whole other kettle of issues xD

At least I get to avoid the whole "what do I call myself this time" question. I'm terrible at naming things lol.

7. It’s from an anecdote about a famous writer and his best friend going rowing. The boat was a piece of junk and they kept falling into the water, hence the soaking of souls…

I’ll have to find the exact quote sometime, I first read about this years ago

8. Mine is a long-time username that actually started as a throwaway - when baby internet me first joined a forum, I was shy and nervous to talk to people so I didn't want it associated with my username at the time (how the tables have turned).

It's basically an English-ified version of "tsuindoriru," the Japanese version of Twin Drill(s), based off of my favorite-at-the-time Kasane Teto. Because of my presence on that forum, the name stuck, and I ended up making a mascot with twin drills to match (my icon). I wish I had corrected it to Tsuin much earlier, because now "Tween" has stuck and I'm not super fond of it (lol)

I then started to separate my accounts into life vs. art, where the former accounts would stay Tweendoriru and the latter would become Dorirudotnet/Doriru.net. Doriru is the name of my mascot and also a nickname for me online so now it's definitely not going anywhere!

9. Just a nickname I’ve always used online and whenever I wrote since I was a middle schooler. Ellie is short for my real name

10. That name sounds interesting and the story behind it too. I don't know what RP chat room is. Is it like DOA? An online place to chat, but what does RP stand for? Does it still exist? My username is a reference for a BTS song called Epilogue: Young Forever. There is a line that goes forever we are young.

It seemed like a username I won't regret years later, since I can't change my username on DOA. That's how I ended up with my username. Also I wanted it to be a reference to BTS as well, but not be so obvious. I thought it was a good username that I would like and not regret.

I just realized maybe rp stands for role playing because i notice a lot of people on DOA seem to role play... is that what rp stands for?

#150 Forever We Are Young, Sep 27, 2022
      Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    11. It's a Doctor Who reference. Humans (specifically Rose) are pink and yellow.

12. i made this account 9 years ago but pretty much abandoned it until 2020 when i fully got back into the hobby so while i can't tell you why i chose the name i can tell you that the enchiridion of Epictetus is a short collection of of ethical advice compiled by Arrian a 2-end centaury Greek philosopher so i was probably going through a very pretentious phase :lol:

13. I made this account when I was... 13? And going through my Linkin Park phase lol. It was the latest album at the time and the username happened to not be taken. Could've been worse, at least this username isn't immediately recognisable as that :sweat

14. Yes, RP meant "role-playing" without the G for "game" because we weren't using a standard game system most of the time. :lol: Way back then we were using AOL chatrooms for it (which did in fact have a random-number-generating function we could use). I don't even know if they exist anymore. I've used her for minor silly RP during events on GaiaOnline as well, but it's been a while. I've just almost always used OC names everywhere I go online.

But this reminds me I STILL haven't gotten around to dying my Leda! :sweat I've been busy, but also too worried about messing it up. Somewhere I've got some mini-dice for her too.

K-Pop is fun! I've been enjoying it a lot more than the US music scene in recent years, but I missed a lot of the earlier stuff.

#154 Sianserais, Sep 28, 2022
      Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    15. I opted for something simple and easy to remember. I might have pulled it as an obscure reference to some J-drama, but it's stuck since then.

16. “Lofi” is a kind of music I love to listen to, and “Oscar” is the name of my ResinSoul Mei. (Oscar got her name from “The Rose Of Versailles” manga. I have never read it, but I like the character.)

“Lofi Oscar” is also kind of like “Lofi Girl”, the mascot of the Youtube channel where I first discovered lofi.

17. Inka is my dog.

18. J is for my first name and higgi is a nickname my neighbor gave me.

19. I don't think I've answered this before so here goes.
      I use and have used this username or some variation of it nearly everywhere that isn't strictly work-related.
      I love Japanese, was always (and continue to be) quite small and I like rats thus Chibi Rat.

20. My first doll was a Honey Delf Pretzel... and I love pretzels... Mmm... :drool