1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the most obscure/rare doll or doll head you own?

Sep 14, 2021

1. Rarest? I'm not sure...

Maybe DoD Delphine fullset?

Or Iris the Snow Queen by Nine9style.

Not sure if an Ellana in dark tan is considered rare... But pricey, yes xD

2. Dunno if she is rare, but got the fantasy head of Xanthe from Doll Chataou recently and just been through the roof cause I never thought I'd have her since the limited run was back in 2017. Also never really seen her about in photos or anything, other than on the main website and google images.

3. hmmm im not 100% sure, I own a Volks Hewitt...they pop up every now and again though limited...I own a mnf shiwoo vampire head which are hard to come by now a days and a few old FL sculpts that are currently discontinued like Kyle, Mir/ka and regular shiwoo though i doubt shiwoo is rare, just uncommon now.

4. Majority of the ones I've got are at least semi-common, or I've seen a few of them around. Even amongst the artist sculpts I have, I've seen a few others floating around.

Ones that could be considered pretty rare or hard to find? Hmm, my Dikadoll Floyer might qualify (the guy in my avatar). I haven't see too many around. The ones that probably fit best are my Fantasia Doll boys—Isaac and Jin. I've seen maybe one other Isaac around, and I'm not even sure if many—if any—of Jin exist beyond the one I've got. Considering Fantasia Doll's spotty history with fulfilling orders and disappearing, chances are pretty high there aren't many/any others out there in the wild.

Only other one I can think of is my Lumedoll Atik. He's such a lovely boy, and it's such a shame Lumedoll no longer sculpts the realistic fashion line bjds anymore.:(

5. In my crew, I think my pet familiar Sprout is different from the rest of my doll crew. He is a Dream Valley Gru sculpt. :)

6. My rarest sculpt would have to be the one my wife made for me. He’s Dearest Dolls Salvatino. Only one of him exists in the world. He’s on a Conarium 47cm body right now. https://flic.kr/p/2mqMgR8

By far my favorite doll. :)

7. i've got a dollmeister lapel head kicking around! he still needs a body but i need a custom one since it would need to be resin matched because he's so old (from 2004!!! :o) and i'm planning on making him a mermaid of some kind which adds to the body shenanigans.... i've only ever seen one other copy of him, i'm really not sure how many exist but i'd be willing to bet it's not many.
      lapel was a personal project from bluefairy's sculptor denes, who has also worked for angel region, luts, leekeworld, and others. a seasoned sculptor for sure! :)
      i don't have any pictures of him on me right now, since he's still a blank head (due to needing resin matching and me being spread all over the place financially and doll progress wise LOL) but i adore him as a major bluefairy fan and as a little part of bjd history. :)

i think my tan lucywen elf may also count, as well as my incoming bluefairy diana, also in tan. not many BF line dolls out there, and even less in tan...!
      when i got him my roserin dreaming sevy was very rare, but he's had several reprints in the time since, but he's still a fave of mine. my F60 '12 Nanuri B was also a very lucky snatch from ebay. they're pretty hard to find, especially unmodded. i've got him on a doll chateau body but it needs repairs.... so much to do LOL

8. I think I have 3 rare dolls: most rare one is Darak-i Tori, she is a 16 cm tiny limited edition (50 dolls), when she was selling I wrote to Darak-i and told them I loved their sculpts (I have Remy, another tiny from them) and asked them to please sell me Tori in normal resin color (for the limited sell they offered Tori only in tan resin), and they were very gracious as to fulfill my wish. And so, I think my Tori may be one of a kind (or one of a couple, not sure).
      The second is a semi rare, Soom Mecha Angel Rex, mecha angels are discontinued, but Rex was not the most popular sculpt among them, so I've seen a few.
      The third is Dollmore Model Ryu Miu, she is/was a not very popular sculpt, I know a person here in DoA whom own one, but if another persons have more I haven't seen photos or posts about it.

9. I don’t really have any ‘rare’ dolls. Guess my rarest would be an Illusion Spirit Spirit as the company have closed. I didn’t see many of them floating around even before the company closed. She has company faceup and the green frosty wings. :3

10. Most of my dolls are fairly common, but I do have a Nanuri Soony Dreaming Elf Littlefee Winter 2015 event head which I bought from Anne Pecaro. She has an amazing faceup, possibly by Anne Picaro
      [​IMG]

The only other semi-rare doll I have is also a YOSD, and that is a Quintus from 5 Star Doll. I have never seen other owner photos of him. I bought him last year. He was in stock at Denver Doll, but has been discontinued for quite some time. I had been wanting him for years, but couldn't talk myself into it because I was not sure I liked having a little vampire. Then he was discontinued and I regretted not getting him when I had a chance. So when I saw the last one in stock on DDE, I knew it was fate, so I grabbed him. I love him to bits.

#30 ParlourGoddess, Sep 15, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    11. Not entirely sure how rare any of my dolls are but my rarest would be my Doll Chateau Charon who was originally limited to 30, though I think her and her sister Pluto have had another release since the original in 2018. Even so, I never see her anywhere, though since I've not taken many pics of my girl Andromeda I'm part of the problem.
      Next up would be my Dollzone event dolls Aggi(Scorpio) and Myca(Baby Raphael). I've seen a few Scorpios though most of the time it was a sale pic of the doll blank, and I've not seen Baby Raphael owner pics but I haven't actively searched since just after I brought Myca home.
      Otherwise I guess my Kaja Vish may eventually become a "rare" doll since Doll Love stopped producing the same dolls. *shrug*
      Really rarity doesn't matter much to me though it's always nice to see what someone else has done with the same sculpt and the rarer the doll the less likely that it will happen.

12. I have a Souldoll H.C. Yurr head (on a Zenith girl body). Souldoll discontinued the mold eventually, and I really don't see much of Yurr in either the normal or the H.C. variation around (I really ought to get her profile page up).

13. I recently obtained a SOOM LE8^^ The Grim Reaper Hyperon in Violet skin. He should arrive very soon, so I'm very excited!

14. I have an Esther too, I got her as I thought she looked rather cat like (currently on an older Souldoll zenith body which is a perfect match in resin and size) :kitty2

And Sard... seen pictures of the blue version, absolutely gorgeous :love

15. My rarest doll must be my Otherside Dione. There is less than 10 of them around the world and the artist discontinued the mold.
      [​IMG]

And second rarest doll is surely my Pathos Tale Pan (was limited to 30 if I remember well).
      [​IMG]

16. I’ve been collecting since 2006, so it’s not surprising I’ve wound up with a few rarities in my crew. I think my Dollzone Anson is fairly rare. She was suddenly and surprisingly discontinued after only 3 months.

[​IMG]

And another one is my Amerai Scraps Illusion. I love the sculpted patches on her face!

[​IMG]

#36 PoeticSoul, Sep 15, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
    17. I've just obtained a Dika Doll Saren secondhand. Beautiful sculpt with the company faceup. He was a super limited sculpt released in 2016.
      I've never seen another one online, so I'm not sure how many are actually out there!
      Definitely a prized head that I was super lucky to acquire!

18. Oh man, I remember when Anson was new. That was right about the time they discontinued everything to go to a more Doll Chateau style.

Speaking of that timeframe, I think both of mine are rare simply because of age. They are both DZ molds from before the huge DZ discontinuation, a Dollzone Yuu (as in my profile picture) and a Dollzone Yage. I think my Yage is rarer because she wasn't quite as popular as Yuu.

19. OfButterfliesNThings (Etsy) Paulette! She’s still available from the artist, but I have yet to see another owner photo of her. Which really surprises me, considering how many people complain about a lack of 1/3 plus size dolls!

20. Well, I have a Customhouse Chamomile, who doesn't seem to have been a popular sculpt even back when CH had him in production.

[​IMG]

Most recently I bought a Faewoods Doll Orchidaceae, and she was limited to 60?

[​IMG]

I'm sure some of my other dolls might be considered rare just because they're from so long ago!