1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the most obscure/rare doll or doll head you own?

Sep 14, 2021

1. Probably all the resin dolls I own are rare since most of mine are more than a decade old, and most were so unpopular they were discontinued not too long after their release.

My rarest or more obscure are probably my SoulDoll Iso an Chu head sculpt; the first probably had less than five casts made, the second maybe less than ten. I never saw many (if any) if either on here. I only stumbled across one or two outside this forum.

I also own an ancient SoulDoll Paris who was equally unpopular and a Bebe Aku, who was maybe a tiny bit more popular, but I doubt there were that many of them made. I at least didn't see many of them around.

Edited to add photos.
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#41 Enzyme, Sep 16, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    2. I guess these would be my rarest, mostly because I never/hardly see them around. I've been collecting since 2007, so have had time to find these guys (about half are secondhand, the others are just unpopular I guess lol). Pics are under the spoilers ^^

Doll in Mind Minimee Sakurai Atsushi (He was an order of 10)
      [​IMG]
      Sakurai
      by LupusDarkmoon, on Flickr
      Doll in Mind Minimee Elf Event head (I've seen maybe one or two others. He was a free gift with the Minimee body)
      [​IMG]
      (link)
      Namonaki Workshop Mikkel v.1 (I've seen a few around. This version has sculpted wrinkles, unlike the second version which is smooth)
      [​IMG]
      (link)
      Ringdoll Judge of Hell (I've seen a few, mostly fullsets though)
      [​IMG]
      (link)
      Luts/CP Delf Breakaway 05 Sleeping Vampire (He pops up more than the others, but they're usually modded. Mine has no mods whatsoever)
      [​IMG]
      Cian
      Fairyland FeePle Nanuri/Event 07 (I think I've seen one other one? Mine had his eyes modded. He was the gift head from when Fairyland first opened)
      [​IMG]
      Atticus
      Doll Family H Bennett (I've only seen one other one, which was in a custom normal skin)
      [​IMG]
      (link)
      Illusion Spirit ShiJu/Slade (I've seen a couple once upon a time lol. She was ordered during Illusion Spirit's discontinuation sale)
      [​IMG]
      (link)
      Illusion Spirit Tosaca (Seen a few, usually modded to soften his features)
      [​IMG]
      (link)
      B&G Lister (I've never seen another one. Mine is also in regular urethane, instead of the environmental resin B&G started using later)
      Musen/Blood Wood Ke (I've seen two or three)
      [​IMG]
      (link)
      EgoProject Keath (Think I've seen one other one on the forum, which had the default faceup)
      [​IMG]
      Sully

3. I have some old CP Delfs in the house who are all rare now that they’ve been discontinued for a decade, but it always feels strange to me to think of them that way because they were so common when I joined the hobby. (Current lineup between my wife and I is Moon, Dreaming Moon, Chiwoo Elf Vamp, VDES, If, and Woosoo who was always hard to get because he was released once and demand was higher than supply). I got my Dreaming Moon back in 2008 when he was new and shiny and had already had two owners because he just wasn’t a big deal, but because he wasn’t highly valued then, now there just aren’t that many of him out there for people who still want him.

[​IMG][/url]

The one that really stands out though is Mitchell, my Infinitidoll Dreaming Louis. He’s an LE 20 from a company that is long gone. (He turns ten in a couple of weeks!)

[​IMG]

He’s a cute old man.

4. @Amet oh man i am mad jealous of your dreaming louis, he's got so many perfect features :') that's a really awesome photo too, thanks for sharing!

also i got a few pictures of my lapel that i talked about in my previous post for anyone curious. :)
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      you can really see the same style as bluefairy shining through, and his profile is adorable imo. :3nodding:

5. My rarest is probably either my CH Little Junior Icarus or my 1st run Vincent Valentine Minimee (one of the few minimees that didn't have a huge bobblehead lol). I rarely ever see anything about either of them.

6. This guy is the rarest doll head I have ever owned. I am still working on finding the right body. This head is one of two in the whole world. Other one is in Germany with the sculptor of head that was cast by Modoll and most likely never more will be made. Meet Liam.
      [​IMG]Artist Head on DT 17 Yr Boy Body by Marie, on Flickr
      This was him on Dollstown 17 year boy body. A 18 year boy body will be arriving in just a few days.

7. Moooost of my dolls are pretty rare? Haha. It's not intentional! I often tend to fall for artists that only release heads once in a blue moon.
      • Edelweiss Gideon - This was a very small production run from several years ago, and the artist sort of disappeared. He's probably the head that I'd have the hardest time replacing.
      • Rosettadoll Zio - Likewise, Zio was from Rosettadoll's earlier active period and hasn't been re-released. Rosettadoll has come back, though! And they've released Agave and a few other gorgeous sculpts.
      • Monochrome Ray and Cage - Monochrome is still active, and best known for their SD17-sized heeled feet. They make stunning sculpts, and are quite underrated, IMO.
      • Oasisdoll Natalie x 2 - These girls were my grail, and I (somehow) managed to snag two of them secondhand, years apart. She was released as a basic sculpt but was discontinued after a short production run around the time Elfdoll (who cast them) folded. I know of approximately 4-5 others in circulation, but not a ton. :)

8. mr Charming, my plasticmoon mr Kitty is one of either 11, or 12 in the whole world (and two of those belong to the artist themself!!). Also one of my oldest and most prized dolls, I utterly adore him.

Keiichi, my Crobidoll Hobin Daydream is I believe one of I assume maybe 10?? He was extremely unpopular when he was released and not many people pick him up. I ordered literally on the very last day of the preorder and his certificate number 7, so... To this day I've not seen a single picture of another online...

And the same goes for my mbluedolls (Taee, XiHyeon and Laaon) but more because they come from a practically unknown, yet amazing, sculptor that only releases his sculpts in very limited batches.

9. I have quite a few dolls that have ended up rare, but I think that's just par for the course when you're in the hobby for a long time. I own a lot of original CP Delf's, some unusual art dolls, some of the older sculpts from now long gone companies, but probably the most rare is a Bimong Nefertiti head which I believe was limited to 30. I've seen precisely one other one in the decade or more I've owned it, so I don't think they're particularly well known.

10. Definitely my Rasendo Miyu and Rasendo Mei. I have been unable to find any other owner photos anywhere on the internet, other than the blog of the original owner of these dolls. They were very hard to get from Japan in the very early 2000s, and the company went defunct.

Miyu:
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Oh hm, that's an interesting question!

I feel like the hobby has grown so much that there are a lot of dolls that have sort of fallen into the cracks. Whether that is due to unpopularity or limited editions, time, or just getting lost in the shuffle. I sort of wish there was a way to know how many of a doll was out there, but it's always been sorta hard to know specifics, unless it's a number limited thing right in the order. It's really great to see all these dolls!

I don't know if I have anything super duper rare, but this is fun so here's a selection from my collection:

[​IMG]
      I think Mecha Angels are not very common in general nowadays, though Saiph and Sabik are seen around and were re-made in different Soom lines. But Meisa was near the end of the MA's run, so she is pretty scarce.

[​IMG]
      He's the flower partner to Dollzone Anson mentioned earlier. Such a glorious and delicate doll.

[​IMG]
      Ex Machina (original) was limited to...30? I think? Though there was a recent release of her so I'm hoping to see many more of her! :: fingers crossed ::
      And I don't know how many Ex Machina males have come home, but I haven't really seen him around. I was SO excited when these dolls came out. I'm a huge fan!

[​IMG]
      She was mentioned earlier in the thread too, but just a really wonderful fantasy doll. I was so sad to see Pathos Tale stop making dolls. Their creativity was really glorious.

[​IMG]
      Also don't know how many Xi Hyeon are out there, but I never see him. He's so lovely though. I wish there were more of him.

[​IMG]
      He was in that middle ground between Peroth and the BTS boys and I just don't see him a lot. I fell in love with him instantly and I always get super excited when I see one. Hehe.

And my personal all time love
      [​IMG]
      This doll is the epitome of grail to me. I adored him, and tried to give up on him, and just generally rolled around on the floor crying over him for 7 years. And then suddenly the doll gods smiled on me and he is mine forever. Haha. So yeah...I think he was limited to 20. I love Nabarros dolls so much. :chocoheart

12. These dolls being posted here are fantastic! There are so many I never knew existed, even as a collector from earlier on.

13. Most of my dolls are ones you just don't see around much. Probably the rarest one is my Souldoll Robb. He was a limited release and I guess not many people ordered one. To this day mine is the only one I have ever seen owner pics of other than seeing one for sale on the marketplace once a couple years ago.

I also have a Granado Boyd, an Angel of Dream Yuki, and a Dikadoll Aqua, and they're all ones I've hardly ever seen around anywhere. I think the only owner pics I've ever seen of Dikadoll Aqua are literally the actual head I own, from when she was with her two previous owners. Boyd is a really old Granado sculpt that isn't made anymore...and on that note I also have an Elfdoll Rita. Elfdoll girls are sadly scarce anymore since Elfdoll closed up shop years ago-- I got mine right before they closed.

April Story Adrienne, Dikadoll Floyer, and Islanddoll Noah are a few others I have that seem on the rare side, though I have spotted one or two others around. (My ID Noah is the only one I think I've ever seen on a female body though.) Iplehouse Audrey is definitely one of the less common Iple girls, and mine being in ebony resin makes her a bit of an oddball-- I've only ever seen Audreys other than mine in very pale resins.

I do have two dolls that aren't rare, discontinued, or hard to find loads of pics of--- Impldoll Azalea and Supia Muriel.

14. I have Dika doll Floyer light and I dont see many dolls as he is. So maybe he.But honestly I am not sure. I have four boys. (Two just heads) Dika doll Floyer, Dollzone Oliver, Dollclans Benkel and Dollclans Kien and I have no idea how rare or not rare they are :).

15. I will have soon Angellstudio studio the greater snow mermaid . The purple . I am so exited to get her . After I will receive the package I will take pictures of her .

16. I have an ANother Secret I'M. That's probably the most oddball doll in my collection. I've never seen anyone else with him or even another photo? The magnet in his clear (semi opaque?) face-plate was put in backwards. I did manage to fix it eventually and paint him up but this is what the head looks like.

[​IMG]

17. My rarest is my Rosengarden Hana. I'm not sure how many were made, but I think the artist only had 2-3 preorders for this sculpt (and other faces with this body) and I've only ever seen 2-3 other owners here. She was the first bjd I ever handled in person and every centimeter of her 17 is just lovely!

[​IMG]HanaShoes2 by StellaMarigoldArt, on Flickr

18. I have a Souldoll Tiffee and an Angel Region Lillica. I think Tiffee is more old than rare, but I still can't believe I found a Lillica after all these years. I even have what I think is her original wig.

I don't know if he's "rare," per say, but I also have Dollzone Seventeen, who you almost never see pictures of.

19. @BlitheFool Oh, an other I'm owner! I own one, he still has no wig. Poor guy, I need to take more care of him ^^'

[​IMG]

20. I have few rare bjds, which I not see often, or maybe ppl not sharing.
      I have: Dearmine Loc, RD Eren and Levi, RD Shelly (mermaid), soom gatto, RD Armand, LS Jun Shi, Soom Zinc (so devil ver), Soom Jack (not sure if he rare, but I saw few only), RD Judge of hell, RD Hui ( sd i saw few only), LS Ye Ying, Dz Ivan, Dz Baihe. And Baihe I not saw anywhere, not sure if someone have him too, its a bit strange for me.
      [​IMG]