1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the most obscure/rare doll or doll head you own?

Sep 14, 2021

1. My most "rare" dolls would be my Dollmore Orlando Ray, Dean and Dry (I believe all discontinued). I've seen maybe 1 other Dean but no other Ray's or Dry.

2. I have a few dolls I rarely get to see other owners' pics from, but the winning prize probably goes to my Fantasia Doll Canary cute head, especially the 2017 version. I have never seen another owner photo of her if we don't count the photos her previous owner took of her while she had her. Perhaps if the company had stayed float a while longer, we would now get to enjoy more of these beauties and also have more sculpts to pick from. I'd have hoped that!

[​IMG]

3. @vauhtikatti - Oh I don't think I've seen owner photos of Canary! She is so sweet. You were lucky to get some Fantasia Dolls while they still made them. I think the last batch (which I almost ordered one) haven't been totally fullfilled....or it took forever if they did get them.

4. @luluna No one has at least reported in the discussion thread that they would have gotten any of the missing 2021 orders, so likely there are still outstanding orders. I got mine from 2020 in early 2021, but I was very disappointed with the renew body and on top of that they sent me the wrong head, one I already had and not the one I wished for greatly (I tried to order this exact serious Canary sculpt but they sent me Alice). I rehomed the doll I got and they never sent me the correct head, but there was a plot twist: I was lucky to find the original 2017 head of Canary 2nd hand later that year. So in the end got my baby!

5. @vauhtikatti - Oh...yes I suspected. It's hard to get info but I was following the discussion thread in part because I almost ordered in that batch. I remember being confused about the new body (was it smaller?) I'm glad I didn't go through with my order (in part because their website was a mess for me)...but it is such a shame as their dolls are really lovely...and now rare. You were fortunate to find the one you were wanting second hand..

6. I have to think that my Unidoll Geisha Selina might be rare.
      I got into the hobby just as Unidoll was fading away, unfortunately, but I was able to get the original Selina through The Doll Peddlar.
      As their name implies Unidoll had some truly unique sculpts.
      I acquired this head in 2012 through the marketplace.
      [​IMG]Royal bride by Nadine, on Flickr

#86 phanuel, Oct 6, 2022
      Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    7. The only owner photos I have seen of Doll Legend Frank were posted to this forum several years ago. Most of the photos were broken, so I basically bought this man without seeing any proper owner photos of him ever. On Instagram the doll's tag has only Wilhelm's photos in it... :'D And now that Doll Legend has discontinued all of their dolls, I doubt I'll ever see any other Franks around. Saddens me a bit, honestly.

[​IMG]

8. Oh, wow! What an absolutely gorgeous faceup! He looks fabulous!

9. I don't have any super rare dolls, but I do have more uncommon and/or highly sought after sculpts, like Victorique de Blois. I also have two DC-H-24 DD heads, which seems fairly rare as it's a newer Dream Choice limited head.

10. i own a lot of discontinued fairyland sculpts my most obscure would probably have to be my MNF kyle, Zachariah. I rarely see other kyles around especially now a days. My most rare would either be my MNF shiwoo vampire Basil or my Volks Hewitt Jin-Hyuk

11. I suppose it would be my Rosen Lied one off doll, since only one of her exists.

12. I'm never sure really how to consider "rare" or "obscure" but I suppose I have a few I don't see much of.

I feel almost like MNMs shouldn't count, but considering most of them were actors or characters that could be remade again by other artists, my two "Rubiana" heads (designed by myself and one of the other GO participants) would be pretty rare. I used to see one of them around in photos a long time ago, but haven't seen more than my own in ages, and they're both back in a state of "not presentable" due to changing them up so I'm not even sharing my own.

I also have a DollZone Eudora, a weird little pet doll from 2014 that's some kind of deer... cat... bird... something? He's weird and leggy and doesn't pose or stand well at all, but still cute and someday I'll wire him up to make him actually stand.

I have a FairyLand Nanuri 14 head on the M-Line body. I guess this one's rare or something, because apparently she sells for a lot when she shows up on the secondhand market, something of which I was blissfully unaware until I took her to a local meetup.

Then there's my Illusion Spirit LanXing; I don't see many other Illusion Spirit dolls around, and I've never seen another LanXing, which is why I jumped on ordering him literally a day before IS stopped taking orders entirely.

There's my oldest LittleFees; the line itself is super popular, but it tends toward specific sculpts being the ones that people gravitate toward, and neither Piki nor Pukisha are on that list, in spite of them being two of the original four.

I have a Magic Time Levan; I hardly see any Magic Time dolls around at all, which is kind of a shame; they have some really cute sculpts!

I only have one "quantity limited" doll, as far as I can remember, a Camellia Dynasty Caprilla. While limited to 50 pieces, he's still available two years after I ordered mine, and the number on my certificate is very low, so he's rare in ownership numbers as well.

As far as I know, the rest of mine aren't particularly uncommon, but I also didn't think Nanuri 14 was all that uncommon until someone told me as much, so it's really anyone's guess!

13. Most of my dolls are sculpts that aren't overly popular. I rarely if ever see owner's photos of my dolls aside from my own. But if I had to take into account the company itself, it might be my DIM Gayane. She has a small tag on Instagram, but the company no longer exists.

14. I have a lot of the weird/unusual/little seen dolls. I didn't set out to collect that. It just happened. I have....

Akhmel Nathan (LE20)
      LE Doll/AoD Collaboration Adonis (LE38)
      Sugarable Genie (LE50)
      Spirit Doll Dark (LE50)
      Miracle Doll Asael (LE50)
      Impl Miguel The Demon Hunter (LE100)
      Impl Simon Colourful Life Green (LE)
      Soom Vesuvia on Poison Kiss body (Monthly doll, poison kiss body was only available for 2 releases)
      Unidoll Ark (company closed)
      Unidoll UH-08 Elf (company closed)
      Camilla Dynasty Longway (he was some flavour of limited and I've never seen another Longway anywhere)
      Argonautica Little Kio (not limited but you don't see many of them kicking around)
      Jie Doll Ashford (I don't think the company is still running)
      5Star Dark (I think 5Star is now closed?)
      SoulDoll Vito Rail (discontinued sculpt but I've never seen another owner shot of him)
      SoulDoll Vito Azreal skull head (limited Tarot The Hierophant; skull head was a gift item only available with full-set doll purchase)
      Granado Crowdfund 53cm Lucifer
      DZ Edward (not limited but seems unpopular when he was released, long discontinued)
      Angel Toast Crow head
      Batchix Dark Elf (first release)
      Batchix Clever Little (artist cast in glitter resin)
      BiDoll CS head
      SoulDoll Souloid Phiel Gold Mechanic
      Doll Chateau Clemans (event doll)
      Lume Doll Light Zero (line discontinued and Zero was available for a short time only)
      Vita Magica Izel (artist created OOAK fullset in aquamarine resin; line discontinued)

Impl SD head I-M14: This is a prototype head they sent me as a gift/apology for the long delay (and incorrect custom colour) and they are still working on him with a release date possibly slated for sometime in 2023 (subject to change). He is currently without a company name because he is still in the developmental stage. I believe only me and Impl have this head currently. As a side note, I have received the correct custom colour Ziv that I ordered from them, he's perfect and gorgeous and Impl went above and beyond to get him right for me.

I have other dolls as well that probably fall into this category, too, like several Soom ID51's, Lume Lights, FL boys and 2 dolls that are off-topic for DoA (jointing issues and one is an Obitsu) but are limited or rarely seen. Of course one of my newer grails is a SoulDoll Billian/Kowlaski (I've never had the available cash the two times I've seen them available 2nd hand *grrrrr*) and SoulDoll Kyle/Amon The Hanged Man with gargoyle parts (I've never seen him 2nd hand).

#94 Iron_Dog, Oct 16, 2022
      Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    15. My Happydoll Mill (a petite MSD size) is pretty obscure. I think I've seen only one other on DoA, although I admit I haven't looked around much. Several years back I had someone contact me out of the blue, who'd been searching for a Mill, and wanted to buy mine. I had to disappoint her, because I like my funny little Mill, and I doubt I'd ever find another.

She has her default face-up, which is on the pale side, but I like it :3nodding:
      [​IMG]

16. I own two Dollstown dolls, and I think they've become obscure, even though they weren't before.

When I first fell in love with Dollstown dolls in 2011, An Jonghak and Torre were releasing new head sculpts on a regular basis, and the DT discussion threads were active with chatter and photos. Now, neither artist seems to be creating much anymore, and likewise, the DT discussion threads are... well, kinda dead. :pout: Also, while DT bodies are still in good circulation, the DT head sculpt aesthetic just doesn't seem trendy nowadays.

I have Mui (sculpted by An Jonghak) and Rhea (sculpted by Torre), bought 2011-12. Both are long discontinued, and not found on DT's current website because DT lost their old website and had to reboot it. Dollstown's Flickr still archives all the old sculpts, and while Mui's original photos are there, Rhea isn't there at all -- which is surprising, since I think all of Torre's other sculpts are recorded on Flickr.

So I think Mui and Rhea (and many of DT's discontinued sculpts) are obscure now, purely due to time attrition, changing trends, and Dollstown's current dormancy. I'm constantly looking for other owner photos, but haven't seen any of either sculpt recently. Well, I'll just keep the fire burning.

[​IMG]

#96 aihre, Jan 6, 2023
      Last edited: May 3, 2023
    17. [​IMG] [​IMG] Probably my Mayakdolls Ichi head, I have seen a few images on Instagram, but not many; and my Shinydoll Meena. The latter was a special request from someone who wanted a human eared version of Meefa. I don’t know how many of her Shinydoll actually made, or if she’s the only one. I have never seen another like her.

18. Idk just how obscure he is, but probably my Switch Javi. The one I have is an older sculpt that has the old Switch headplate in it, but I think they eventually rereleased him for an order period in 2019 before discontinuing him, so that probably helped him be less obscure than he was when I first got him. He's definitely more obscure than most Switch sculpts, especially when you go off of google image search results (in fact, a good chunk of the image results that actually show Javis are photos of my boy from his previous owner).

19. The rarest of my dolls is Bellis by Ozin5. I so much love dolls with unusual lips! :chibi She seems like a weak girl needs protection, and I'm happy to protect her))[​IMG]

20. Because most of my dolls are secondhand, a lot of them are "rare" because they are from companies that no longer exist. My little Angel Fantasy Kevin and Doll Love sleeping Yo-yo will not return from dollgutory. Same thing with my Little Monicas. I don't think anyone on this forum has a Rye. I also am lucky enough to have some true rare dolls, my Dollsbe Pumpkin being the stand out. He's so grumpy!!
      But I'm here to share this guy because he is pretty special AND is likely one of a very few: my Spiritdoll Tan Ecchium. You barely see Ecchiums, and never in tan. I will love him forever and name him George and he will be my George even if his name is actually Mauro

[​IMG]