1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the most obscure/rare doll or doll head you own?

Sep 14, 2021

1. head: an unmodded VOLKS old F-05
      [​IMG]

she even came in her original plastic box with papers and everything

EDIT (6/2023): I was able to welcome a VOLKS Ian so she's definitely the rarest head/doll in my collection with a single release and only 300 of her made.

#101 Chibi_Rat, Jan 8, 2023
      Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    2. does anyone else have any of the 5 RSDoll RM line dolls?
      I've searched the forum and haven't found anyone else who seems to own them.
      I don't know if they were available again after their initial release, which was in winter 2020, where I got my boys :)
      but, yes, I have M-Dev, M-Verroky and M-Orvil.
      and I love them all~

3. I'm not sure if mine would count as "rare" since some of them were popular sculpts when they were released. However, they'd be a huge pain to attempt to replace since the company is gone.
      • CP Vampire Breakaway
      • CP Angel Elf Soo
      • CP Nanuri 07 (Honestly, one of the easier ones to replace)
      • CP X3 Vampire Shiwoos (It's a Shiwoo hoarding problem I'll talk to my therapist about)
      • CP Nanuri 06
      • K-Doll Karon and Kill_U SP
      • Dollzone Elf Wing
      • CP Dreaming Moon (The BIGGEST pain to replace) :sweat
      There's a small trend.

4. I've been thinking about this...:XD:

For me the Iplehouse Scar Douglas is probably my rarest sculpt. Douglas alone was not offered for long before getting retired...and his scar version even less so.

Frankie.

[​IMG]A_WIP_Douglas by luluna33, on Flickr

5. I have a Luts Kid Delf Dreaming An he is about 15 years old, I have only ever managed to find 3 or 4 on DOA, he just wasnt a popular sculpt (but I adore him!)

[​IMG]

6. I am not sure. :lol: I just sold my last "limited to # pieces" type of dolls, but I have a few heads from really small companies and a couple discontinued dolls that were not very popular when they were being sold.
      If I had to guess, I would think my rarest doll is either Souldoll Lupinus (sculpt was never very popular and has long been discontinued), Merry Doll Round Fang in cookie skin (in my profile picture), Les Enfants Terribles Bryan, or X-Ann Mari (the last two are pictured below.
      [​IMG]
      Bruce, my LET Bryan on DoT body

[​IMG]
      Adrien, my X-Ann Mari on Luts SD body

7. My dolls are rare in the sense that they are old and were discontinured years ago. I seldom see Soony anywhere online, and I don't think I've ever seen Valencia anywhere.

8. Probably my MOMO and KOS-MOS, from Volks' Xenosaga collab yeeeeeeeeears ago.

9. Probably my frappzilla lupi. I've only seen a few like them. I keep thinking I ought to do more with them, but I haven't been very active in the hobby for the last few years.

10. I acquired heads from Doppel Maiden and Zee's Studio last year. I first found their photos and did not know of the maker themselves. I don't find a lot about them on social media either.[​IMG]

11. My Dust of Dolls Zouh Spun. Im not sure how obscure it is since I think they did the last preorder on her a year ago, but it’s definitely hard to find. Bought her here on DOA and she’s very unique due to the resin dye the original owner gave her.

[​IMG]Zouh Spun by kat d

#111 TheUmbraWitch, Jan 26, 2023
      Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    12. I barely see these 3 molds from closed compagnies, these days

Musedoll Petite App girl
      [​IMG]

Elfdoll Lovely Soah
      [​IMG]

and Domadoll Cooki
      [​IMG]

13. It would have to be my Dollzone Nina, I got her full set just as I was getting into the hobby, and Mint on Card was closing shop. She was one of their store display dolls. She has long been discontinued, and I've seen only one other owner on Flickr. Currently I have the only profile of her on here, I just checked again to see if there were other owners..

Here she is as she arrived to me in full set from Mint on Card:

[​IMG]IMG_2760 by Rabbid Bunnies, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_2759 by Rabbid Bunnies, on Flickr

14. My lillycat Deavon in Mint. The sculpt is not particularly rare, but the casting in Mint resin is one of only 10 made.

15. Adding another obscure sculpt here -- he was so obscure, it took me a while to remember him, lol.

My Volks F39 SD boy --
      [​IMG]

I got him through a proxy in 2008, when he was a new sculpt; he was discontinued in 2013. A few years after that, I had someone contact me about him, and how to get this sculpt, and I had to disappoint them, as they didn't know it was no longer available. Not that I poke around that much on the Internet, but I've never seen another, and I wonder how many were ever made.

16. Hrmm I've got a few on the, there don't seem to be that many of them around end of the scale due to lack of popularity - like my Dragon Shell Doll Snake, Light Limner Connie for instance, or my Rainman Anna, I think I've only ever seen two other owners' photos of her. Or welp, thinking about it Dollstown Byula was both an unstated number 'limited edition', and another case of I've only ever found two other sets of owner's photos of her.

But in terms of, definitely 'rare' - uh my most recent doll is one of Dollmore's LE15s (still being paid off lol) she's a fairly popular sculpt, but a very limited run fullset/colour-variant of the sculpt. Or my Dollzone Freddie, with the version 1 of the fullset company face-up, again popular sculpt, but there don't seem to be many of him around in that particular configuration.

#116 Vetinari, Feb 20, 2023
      Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    17. My rarest doll/head I own is probably the Fairyland Minifee Ingrid I traded for, which also came with the alternate Vampire head. She's absolutely beautiful, and the veins on the vampire head just add such a neat vibe to the sculpt <3

18. My only current (on-topic) BJD is a resin Enchanted Doll, which isn't the rarest of the rare- I think there were like 150-200 made? But I feel like I don't see them around a lot, possibly because their owners aren't active in the community as much? So they feel rarer than they are.

One that really surprised me in the past was my Soom Rosette Fir. I don't know that the Rosette School dolls were actually that rare OR obscure, but I almost never see them on here. That'smy favorite sort of rare doll, honestly- the kind that you don't expect to become rare, but they end up that way because the line ends sooner than people expected, or they end up less popular than anticipated, or something like that.

19. That would be my Wol head by Seedarts, I think. Not only is Wol an artist sculpt, this head is also a OOAK sculpt.
      [​IMG]

20. Hmmm the rarest that I knew of before my hobbie hiatus was my CD Om. More of the crew might be rare now but I have some (a lot) of catching up to do to know for sure.