1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the most obscure/rare doll or doll head you own?

Sep 14, 2021

1. Hmm, I am not sure mine are considerably rare, and some of them are rather recent releases of the last few years. But I haven’t seen many of them, so maybe they weren’t super popular!?
      DollChateau Morgan is one of them, I don’t see very many. SoulDoll Somi animal head. I have a RumpelDoll Morfeo, and then some one of a kind made doll by FaeWoodsDolls.

2. I guess my most rare doll is a normal skin Soom Heliot. For some reason Soom only released him in NS once, all other releases were white or grey.

3. I think that, technically, my Harucasting Ippo twins are my rarest dolls. Both are vitiligo and only maybe 10 were made. I'm expecting vitiligo Modeun and Neul in September and I think Neul will be more "rare" because only maybe 3 or 4 of him are being made. The sculpts aren't rare but the resin tones are, if that counts?

4. I'm not sure how rare she is, but I have a hypermaniac '05 Choyangbi.

The rarest doll I *had* (he got lost in a move :...() was a Los Angel doll. I think I was the only person on DOA who ever owned a doll from this company, and the company disappeared after a couple of years. I'm not sure if they sold many dolls outside of China

5. Based on their track record of poor deliveries, at least from what I've read, and the fact that the company doesn't exist any more ... I don't know if he's rare or not but I have an April Story doll. I got him second hand from someone who became a very dear friend of mine.

6. I'm getting back to the hobby and my only doll is a DollLove Yan Yan that I've had for 8 years now. Not sure how rare she is, but I can't seem to find the company anywhere anymore and have only seen like four other people who have the same doll around online.

7. Whoa, the Musedoll Petite App girl is so unique and cool! I love all of those details on her body. She looks like she would be a lot of fun to dress up in different styles.

8. Probably my JSDoll NaiDong head. It's pretty unique as far as head sculpts go, and well it's an angel too so bonus! But I never really saw people talk about it except for me on my doll Tumblr (and once here where I mentioned a mockup I did of a possible faceup for the head). Heck, I've barely seen much about this specific artist either, so I think they're pretty obscure/small, which is a shame cause their sculpts are pretty cool. Though if we're talking more known artists, I guess my Dollzone Yin Long counts?

9. Necro-ing this thread a bit to bring up my Immortality of Soul (IOS) Yuri. He's so obscure that I cant find a single photo of him on google image search. In fact, the only proof I've been able to find that he even exists at ALL is DoA's own old IOS wiki section containing a dead link to his name. Only other whisper I've seen of him is a marketplace listing from 2 years ago.... so I know at least ONE other person besides myself has one! I got him as part of a trade loooooooong ago. Who knew he was so... rare? Unpopular? I can't imagine why because mine, at least, is absolutely gorgeous.

10. My Elfdoll Rainy Reminisce heads (Tasha and mod. Vivien), but more of my dolls are rare - NyxDoll Limos for example...

11. My rarest is probably my ancient Volks Megu - she was the Taisho Romance release which was limited to 50 - I have her fullset, original body (which was a special old SD10 body designed for kimono) and she has her original faceup.
      Second probably goes to my Nefer Kane Kameko head (lots of eyes).
      There may be a few more obscure ones I’m not thinking of.

12. I don't think I have any "rare" dolls in the sense that people are clamoring to get them but, I think I have a few obscure dolls/heads that I don't see a lot (if any) owner pics of them. I have a Dollzone Gene which I don't see a lot at all and also a Dollmore Tattoo Nayuta that isn't even listed on the site anymore that I have seen literally one other owner photo of him which inspired me to get him because I always thought since I saw them in 2008ish, how do I style this guy???? I also have a DollClans Bones head which actually, I don't think I've seen many DollClans dolls at all in general!

13. Since my previous post I'd probably also add Birdcube Xuan (Erik/disfigured version), but that's mainly due to how new that sculpt is, and the fact that it's an artist head.... Birdcube is a fairly known doll artist so that's probably gonna change. The ForestDoll Octopus also probably counts, again, due to being an artist doll, though the artist is less known. JSDoll NaiDong still wins out though... But then again, I think artist dolls tend to be rare compared to company sculpts. Shirakawa moth is the exception, as he was popular enough to where I think he wouldn't count as a rare doll compared to my other artist sculpts.

14. I own a few unpopular dolls (I've only seen a few other collectors who have Ringdoll Bi Luo Chun and Luts Maize), but my rarest/most obscure doll is probably Ringdoll Tina. According to the sales page, she was LE20, and I got her during Ringdoll's Christmas sale about a year after her original selling period ended. I get the impression that, on top of being limited, she was also unpopular. :sweat Of all my dolls, she's the one I've never seen owner photos of...which is sad for me since I love seeing other collectors' photos! I love Tina, and I wish I could find other collectors!

[​IMG]

15. My rarest is probably my Luts JDF 2010 event head 1, which I put on a SDF girl body. Limited event heads that old rarely come up secondhand in even okay condition, and it's even rarer still that someone sticks one of these heads (originally intended to be male) on a girl body.

My most desirable rare doll is my F60 Juri 2012 (the resculpt of the Juri '05 from back when Cerberus Project was with Luts) on the original A-line F60 body.

16. Not too sure if she would fall into the 'rare' category. i dont see her around much, but my Dust of Dolls Appi Jama could be my rarest doll I have. And also my unique doll since she has detachable fawn like ears, so without that she has no ears

17. in my entire time in the hobby i've had the (mis?)fortune of being drawn to rare and/or discontinued sculpts, and companies/artists that are slated to shut down or disappear lmao. i used to own angell-studio antonine, ninodoll woo.u, and gangsterdoll yeger at some point.

atm the rarest in my collection are these three sculpts:
      • souldoll star, link is to an old picture of mine. star was taken off souldoll's website pending their line refresh some years back and is now so difficult to find that when i sold her once, the person who answered my WTB for her a few years later was, i recently realized due to horrible memory, the same person i sold her TO.
      • infinitidoll daniel, who is also in my profile pic. infinitidoll opened in 2009 and went defunct by mid-2010s from what i remember. it's hard enough to find any infinitidolls to begin with and daniel was limited edition on top of that. i've literally never seen another daniel in the past decade.
      • primeframe mallow, the most recent addition to this list. primeframe was a korean bjd company that lasted from 2019 to january this year from what i've found out, and did a couple of international sales since 2021. mallow was sold in limited runs maybe twice ever and is so rare that the primeframe twitter only has ONE single promotional tweet about mallow.
      i think out of my current collection i only have 3 "better known" sculpts: crobidoll yeonho, switch ryun:r, and the most 'common' one, soom ID75 zak. the rest of my crew, which you can see in my doll family list on my profile, fall under the category of what i said in the first line of this post.

18. I can't help falling in love and then hunting limited editions of many things (books, videogames, toys...) and so with dolls I couldn't make an exception.
      Within my crew, I have 2 limited edition anthro dolls (DearMine Lupin and LUTS Romance Vampire Wolff). I wouldn't say they are that obscure/rare, but I haven't seen them almost anywhere but a couple of pictures on IG. The Lupin I got first-hand from DearMine but the Wolffy was a pain to get in the second-hand market (I waited about 8 years to find it).

19. All of my original collection are no longer made ;v; (DOT, CP Delf) …however, my most rare may be my Volks Cecile the Scarface, whom I only just recently acquired. But this is more due to him already being a rare release anyways.

20. Mine has to be Angell-Studio LE Rebus, a sculpt that is both not so popular and rare (only 50 pcs were released in 2009). I only see very few in DoA and only got mine as a head only option when a full set was too expensive at that time.