1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your biggest fear concerning your dolls?

Oct 3, 2011

1. My always biggest fear is buying them, waited for them for months, and when they arrive, either I lost interest in the sculpt i ordered or not liking them anymore.
      Happened to me once or twice, but once I change the face up, and wigs, I fell in love with them again.

2. That Im going to get the face dirty ! I've managed to injure myself a few times restringing a few bigger ones too X___X

3. My biggest fear is one day being one of those people who decides to purge their entire collection. o_o;;

4. Since I've had a hell of a time getting my first few dolls delivered, my biggest fear is finally finding the limited/out of production dolls I've dreamed about, buying them for a decent price, and then having them somehow destroyed in the post.

Either that or it just gets totally lost in the mail and never gets to me. :...(

5. I'm realy afraid that my doll will damage in fire. I'm basically afraid of fires. I think that the most damages could be fixed. But not this one...

6. My biggest fear is the resin changing color. Because of that I decided not to buy any doll with white skin. I decided to buy a doll with tan skin in the near future, and I just hope it will not turn green over time.

7. Is that a thing? I never heard that, but then I am new, so there is a lot of things I don't know. I worry about resin changing color, and how much is too much light, etc. Now I have to worry about green as well as yellow. :shudder

8. the weather in my country has been crazy hot for the past few years... i am really concerned about my dolls yellowing/greening too quickly...

9. Greening usually happen with tan skin dolls, but some white skin doll do turns green as well, Luts has that problem, although I don't know if they changed their formula or not. It is just something normal with this hobby, when it happens, you can just find a faceup artist to cover the green spot.
      If you are into Volks's doll, it will not be a problem for you. I just had a meetup with few doll owners, one of them bought two 10 years old Volks dolls, both the white skin and the normal skin has no sign of yellowing.

10. Thanks! That is a lot of good information. After I said I had never heard about dolls turning green, I read a warning on Dollstown’s website about just that thing. I have heard that Volks dolls are really good quality, but did not know that they didn’t yellow as much as some or most other dolls.

11. That I'll come home and my cat will have knocked them all off the shelf :aeyepop:

I'm also afraid of modding and irreverably damaging a doll.

12. @riventiana Maybe you can still do that or you can add glass doors to the front. Someone in a pony group I'm in said she added some on hers after she had already bought the shelves. I don't have any cats right now but I used to before. They were all the time knocking breakables off my shelves and furniture. I also had another that used to chew on plastic. I got to the point I kept a room just for my toys where they couldn't enter. A cat free zone. lol Maybe you could do that and if not then maybe in a closet if you have one large enough.

I never heard of green either. Yellowing yes. I'm starting to get nervous hearing so many mention it. I got dolls with white skin. I hope that doesn't happen. I'm planning on keeping them in their boxes until I can darken a room just for them. :...(

@Tappy_paws That's another concern I wasn't trying to think about until later but do have. Most of the dolls I ordered I fell in love had specific faceups. I couldn't get them done with the Dollshe ones I ordered so now I have to try and do them myself. I was planning on learning how I fear I won't be able to get anything close and I'll either mess it up completely or fall out of love with them through frustration. They're already so expensive I'm hoping I don't have to rely on another to do faceups for me but that is a really big concern of mine.

#552 Shikaru, Apr 15, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2018
    13. Me, too. I only know about greening, because my friend had a tan doll that has turned green... There are many methods that can help to keep your doll to stay white, so don't worry

14. @yume9211 Thank you. I'll try not to. I went with white for just about everything. I knew about yellowing but didn't plan on leaving them in light. I have never heard of the greening though. That's what I love about this site I learn so many new things each time I visit it.

15. My biggest fear for my dolls is losing them. I'm afraid I might misplace them and won't find them because I do that for a lot of things and I'm terrible at keeping up with things.

16. Haha I think my biggest fear is to loose my doll. That especially counts for my souldoll rosha head... you must know shes a very rare sculpt that on top of that has been discontinued so if her ace breaks or I loose the hed somehow Id never get it back.
      Other than that I dobt really have fears... :/

17. i'm really afraid of damaged faceups, broken fingers and other parts too :")

18. Breaking or chipping them. Even the yellowing! qwq

19. I too am afraid of natural disasters destroying my dolls. That or someone breaking them on purpose.

20. My biggest fear is the resin changing color :/