1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your biggest fear concerning your dolls?

Oct 3, 2011

1. My biggest fear would be damage. I would hate for the doll to be damaged simply because I'm no pro at repair and I for sure could not afford repairs at the time.
      My second biggest fear is the doll being stolen :| yes you read right..stolen.. I live in a pretty bad area where no one would have an expensive doll. And the people that deliver do such a terrible job, they'll leave your package right out in the open for everyone to see. So I fear that purchasing another doll and having it delivered, they'll be late to update the shipping or I won't be there and they will put the doll out for grabs to anyone to come and take as they please! :roll:

2. My biggest fear is that I will somehow ruin my dolls beyond repair by customizing them and then all that money will go down the drain and it'll be my fault :...(

3. I may not own any dolls yet, but probably three major fears: the first one being ordering seperately a head and a body for a hybrid and then it will just look weird 2: My mom makes my things magically disappear or appear in places they weren´t before or touches a lot of things I tell her to please not to so I would be scared to loose a doll or I will find it damaged. THe third being we do have a lot of vistits and most include small children (I´ve had a drawing ruined this way). I´m scared they would take the dolls and try to play with them when I´m not there and damage it. (oof all that anxiety already... haha)

4. My biggest fear is pretty simple. I'm a complete and total klutz, and I fear one day dropping and breaking one of my resin kids, or one of them falling off the shelf and taking the whole group with them. I've taken precautions against scenario two, but...well, accidents happen.

5. My biggest fear for all my dolls and stuffed animals is that there will be a fire and I won't be able to save them all. My second biggest fear is that one day I won't love them anymore and will have to find them a new home or throw them away.

6. All of that plus dropping them. I was carrying my mini grill and the bottom of the box gave out and it broke today. ;____; So thats a giant fear for my dolls too.

7. My biggest fear may be that someone breaks/destroys one/some/all of my dolls to hurt me, knowing that they really mean much to me... that is one of the reasons I don't really like to share the hobby with those around me. It is kinda paranoid... but with me having strong trust issues and recent events... the thought keeps on popping up within my head... I feel like the hobby is really close to who I really am and therefore it kinda scares me sometimes.

8. My biggest fear is probably getting them stolen and never finding them. I don't have them yet but I'm already deeply invested in them. I can't help but feel like losing them would be really tragic since there wouldn't be any resolution to be had. Like, if you break something you can at least try to fix it, but if something's gone, it's gone.

9. I think I have the same fear! I have two cats, three now but not for long. I’m always worried that they will chew it, or knock it off or lick his makeup off. (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`) scary.

10. One is definitely my three cats, they are sneaky little demons that try to ruin everything they see. Another thing is that I’m afraid of breaking their joints on accident when posing them :( even though I’m usually really careful, accidents could happen.

11. That I'll spend myself into debt XD

12. That I'll never actually be please with the result of my wig making or clothes, and they'll be continually bald and naked.

13. Some sort of complete loss. Rather that is natural disaster, theft, or simply going missing matters not.

Repairs can be made. Faceups can be redone. Clothes, wigs, eyes are always purchasable. The sentimental value imbued is another story.

14. I’d say my biggest fear is letting someone hold/play with my doll and them accidentally damaging or breaking it :( I could get over it if I had done it myself but I don’t think anyone else could understand how much they mean to me and how it would hurt to actually see one broken :(

15. For me, it's the inevitable yellowing. Worrying that I will get swept up in other activities and when I come back to the hobby they'll be a color I no longer like and I will have lost my time to enjoy them.

16. Sometimes I think if my house burns and I could save only one doll, which one would I choose?
      I'm afraid not to be able to decide.

17. The only thing I can really think of that I fear revolving around bjds is trying a permanent modification and having it go tremendously wrong. Like I really want to do a few permanent mods but I can't bring myself to do it (especially since the one doll that would get most of them is discontinued by the company).

18. Yeah, I got a white skin doll - at what point will she turn into a banana? Only time will tell

19. My biggest fear used to be if there was a fire where we lived. Recently there was a huge fire that swept through the apartment building across from where we were living, no one had time to do anything more than get out alive. Fear=Real, omg, it was the wiring, which always sucked in that place, and the attic being joined over every apartment which caused a fire storm. Not one minute to implement a plant to grab and go I was always so smug about. Now it's that someone will manage to steal my dolls. Especially around Christmas when the thieving goes up. I'm fifty/fifty, lost dolls, reason to get new dolls, and omg, how would I ever replace some of them? Keep your purchase records and make sure the home/apartment insurance will cover them.

20. I'm paranoid that one day I'll accidentally end up with a recast.
      I'm a very careful secondhand shopper, but the thought still plagues me. There's just that little nagging "what if?!" in the back of my mind. (It gets me to close out of skeevy listings really fast, which is good, but it's annoying when I find myself staring at the doll I've had for years, with CoA and company bag and everything, just questioning if somehow she's counterfeit after all. I know she's legit, but it's still kept me up at night.)