1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your biggest fear concerning your dolls?

Oct 3, 2011

1. I worry about major things, not the small stuff. I can deal with a messed up faceup, since I do my own. Yellowing doesn't bother me, its just a sign that I play with my doll and love him alot. lol

My big fear is having a doll that I really love totally damaged beyond repair. Just buying another one doesn't work b/c its not MY doll. For example, Loki has some chips in his wrist and if I got a new doll, same sculpt and everything, it wouldn't be LOKI without that damaged wrist. If my dolls get small bumps and dings, I'm ok with it. It gives them character. I'm talking about complete destruction. Tornado, fire, face smashed, etc.

Getting lost in transit is another fear. Like...what if they didn't insure him as I asked and he got lost and I'm out the money AND doll. I don't have cash to throw away.

2. I only worry that people think I'm a weirdo for owning them. Otherwise, I'm not particularly worried about anything to do with them <-- enough human related things going on pretty much all the time to rule out anything that isn't organic XD

3. My fear is that I'll permanently damage a doll while customizing it/working on it...

4. Frankly my biggest fear is that my doll will get into an accident and be broken. I usually take my doll to and from work and my fear that I'll get into an accident and damage her can sometimes bring me to a near panic attack.

5. I once had a really traumatizing nightmare once..
      In the dream, I had a couple of friends over at my place, and they wanted to look at my dolls.
      And I was okay with it, because they were people I trusted, and I knew they would be careful.
      Anyways.. At a point in my dream, one of my friends are talking to me, so I don't pay attention to the others who hold the dolls.
      I don't notice until afterwards that one of the persons had taken a pen, and etched DEEP marks into my dolls faces.
      In my dream I got into a state of total panic, and woke up shortly after.

In real life, I would probably get bat-shit insane if anyone carved ANYTHING onto my dolls >___>

But I am really protective when it comes to my dolls, and atleast their face.
      [I don't tolerate people drawing on my drawings either, pencil or not, it's just not allowed in my house]
      >w<

6. That's how I am with stairs, too. I've never carried my doll down stairs in my arms, but I have a fear of falling down stairs whenever I use them. I always need to use the banister, and worry I'll trip and fall if I don't.

I completely forgot about my cats, though. I keep worrying that one of them is going to chew on a hand or foot.

7. One of my big fears is that my friend will break my doll. It's not that she's not careful -- she has dolls of her own, and she's really amazing with her -- but accidents happen. When they happen to me, I can chide myself, get a little upset, and get over it, but I'm terrified that if an accident happens when my friend is holding my doll, I wouldn't be able to get over it, or worse, that she wouldn't be able to get over it. I don't want her to have to live with that kind of guilt... Ugh, and now I'm thinking about me damaging her dolls... Ahhh! -hides under bed-

8. My biggest fear is having my lavender skinned Impldoll Fantasia turn green :(
      I keep her out of direct sunlight and the indirect sunlight that does touch her is very dim, though I can't help my fear of her greening slowly. If I keep her in a box to prolong her color, I know that I will slowly forget her and stop caring for her, so she has to stay out. I tried placing a handkerchief over her head and hands too, but it also functions as a wall in my mind and acts as though she isn't there. Quite a double edged sword >.<;

9. I was always afraid my dolls could get lost in shipping.
      Now I'm afraid my dolls could break or yellow. I'm also currently afraid that I have to eventually sell my dolls due to financial reasons.

10. Biggest (personal) Dollie Fears:
      - That I'll absolutely love my doll, but my friends will hate it, or think it looks stupid.
      - Falling down the stairs carrying them.
      - Cats breaking into my room and knocking them down.
      - Luc coming to life, and being angry. *

*Luc is my Wife's doll, and the only one in the house that would scare me if he came alive, because he has jointed fingers to pick up knives with. o_o;;

11. My absolute fears lie in a) my house will burn down and they will be burned beyond repair or b) someone will steal them and I'll never get them back.

Otherwise I can deal with almost anything else..

12. That's my big fear too...

13. I have a lot of worries... Dropping and breaking them. Having a company not deliver the doll period. EMS delivering it to the wrong address. Some kind of breakage in transit. Theft of my dollies.

I'm doing face ups now so I'm no longer worried about a face up being damaged. I'm careful with my dolls so my day to day play with them doesn't worry me either.

14. Face-ups rubbing off, breaking their wee fingers, chipping, having to sell my dolls due to financial difficulty, etc. There's a lot. :sweat

15. One of my biggest fears has actually already happened. I have 23 dolls,and I keep them all on one big shelving unit (which has gotten bigger as the number of dolls increased). I've always been afraid of having my shelving unit collapse with all the dolls on it. Well, guess what happened a few weeks ago? Yeah. X.X To make it even better, I was standing next to it when it happened, so it half-collapsed *on me* and I narrowly missed having dolls and shelf all thwack me in the head. Protip: having a thirty or so pound shelving unit smack you in the shoulder doesn't feel very good, especially when it's loaded with about fifty pounds of resin. (I only avoided having it collapse on me all the way by virtue of having it jammed in a corner just a couple inches away from another stand, which took part of the weight and stopped me from being buried under the dollvalanche.) Since one of my biggest fears has happened and the only real damage done was some scuffing and one or two tiny chips in faceups, I've gotten over it a little. I'm still terrified of it happening again and there being some MAJOR damage, though.

My other big fear is a more irrational one, I think. I'm always worrying that anytime I have one of my dolls in a place that's of a significant height, I'm somehow going to drop them off it and shatter them. I have no real idea why, I just get a little twitchy around two or three floor drops if one of my dolls is on me.

16. Hominivorax: Wow! I'm glad that you're okay! I'm assuming your dolls were, too? I've also had that happen with my dolls and a bookshelf. Thankfully, nothing happened aside from a bruise and the bookshelf putting a hole in the opposite wall. It's terrifying, though.

17. Thanks! Yep, they were fine. I was a little surprised, actually; I have several dolls with elf ears and/or delicate fingers, so it was kind of astonishing that no-one lost a finger or an ear tip. I had a nice bruise, as well, right where the top half of the unit caught me. It is pretty terrifying when something like that happens. I'm glad you were all right, too.

18. I was at my friends' house when the shelving inside one of the kitchen cabinets collapsed in a cascade of broken china, so yeah - I'm real careful about what I put on shelving, dolls or otherwise! Glad to hear that your dolls (& you) are ok!
      I'm afraid of the apartment catching on fire (& me burning up because I can't decide what to grab & try to take everything....)
      Also, somehow I bury the fear of stuff getting lost in transit when I FIRST order it (although it has happened twice now) - but the idea of getting it safely only to send it out again for a faceup just makes me shudder. Silly but there you are LOL

19. Accidentally leaving my doll out in the sun after which she'd turn a violent shade of orange :eek:

20. Hmmm. dropping on cement etc and breaking something major like a nose (fingers can be repaired or new hands ordered). And having my house broken into and vandals vandalizing my dolls. If they got stolen I could have hope they will be found but to see them thrown about with no appreciation--ewww, gives me the creeps just thinking about it!:?