1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your biggest fear concerning your dolls?

Oct 3, 2011

1. I'm pretty scared that I'm going to eventually cause some sort of really bad damage. I'm really careful, especially after an incident where Seth got bumped into a wall... Its a nerve wracking though, since I love Seth and don't want anything to happen to him. :eek:

2. I recently ordered a doll, and probably my biggest fear is that he will look horrible. What if the make up is all wrong and the skin tone is bad. I chose a tan skin color on him, and I hope it's close to what I have in mind. I'm also worried that i won't be able to find matching joint hands for him, because of his skin tone and the size of the doll.

3. I've been in the hobby for nearly ten years now so I've become pretty laid back when it comes to being scared, not much has happened and most of it could be solved. I still really dislike people touching my dolls' faces though, I'm always afraid of the sealant damaging and then ruining the face-ups. Other than that.. damages don't scare me as much anymore.

But what @jaderose said above; rings true: accidentally buying a recast is pretty terrifying too.

4. I’m super scared of a doll getting lost in transit. It’d be awful and I get a cold sweat just thinking about it... second would be my beloved dog getting a hold of my dog somehow haha- it’s unlikely! But it would be a disaster.

5. Ruining the faceup while trying to put wigs in my doll(which ended up bald for a long time).

6. Mostly scared of leaving them sitting because if they fell they could break ( ; ; )also I’m afraid of not bonding or loving my future dolls

7. Damage through the shipping process when buying a new doll.

8. My biggest fear is it getting lost or damaged in shipping... But the more realistic fear is that my one year old will attack them (already happened once thank god there was no damage from bubs swinging him around)

9. I have a few. Natural disaster/fire destroying them. My own klutziness destroying them. My toddler getting them down from the shelf and destroying them. And one that's happened already and I survived (as well as the doll) a child just took my doll, mom demanded to know how much for the doll she'd just buy it, didn't like the value even after I told her it wasn't for sale, and she snatched it from her daughter and threw it at me, insulted me and told me I was disgusting for bringing it around a playground (which was actually on the otherside of the park where my husband and kids were at the time). So yeah. It's ok.

10. My dolls getting broken or someone stealing them

11. I’ve heard of people having their dolls stolen and that sounds like an absolute nightmare to me. I can’t believe that people would do that, I’m really attached to my dolls and thinking about them being taken away from me is daunting

12. My fear is traveling with my doll, I want to take him to my artist alley conventions so bad but I just get so scared if he'll get knocked over and damaged or worse stolen if I'm not looking QAQ

13. My biggest fear is damaged *_*

14. My biggest fear (beside damaging dolls) is probably liking too many dolls I don't have and wanting to get more than I could really take care of XD It's REALLY hard and maybe even inevitable to only love the dolls I have and not like other dolls!

15. my biggest fear happened, I brought my doll to Spotlight to get some fabric and accessories and i put her on the counter so i could pay and the cashier picked my doll up by her FACE, palm against her delicate face up and I freaked out, she asked me if I wanted my doll put in the plastic bag, I just kind of squeaked out a slight hysterical "No...!" god I looked like a weirdo but all that was running through my head was dollar signs

16. Damaging the face-up when I insert the eyes. :eek:

17. My biggest fear would have to be damaging them in some way. I literally have had nightmares about dropping them and breaking fingers.

18. Wh--what do you mean someone tried to forcibly buy... what... what did I just read?

I expected this thread to be full of stuff like breaking the doll or somesuch, but that was intense.

My fear was going to be "not being able to settle on the doll's character", but I never considered that taking them out for photos or whatever could lead to grown adults trying to take them and generally acting like giant brats. I think that might be my new fear. Incredible.

19. I am scared that they will eat my wallet and disintegrate my bank account.

Oh, wait...

20. I fear yellowing and general wear a lot even though it's inevitable. It makes me so sad that my dolls won't last forever. :(