1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your biggest fear concerning your dolls?

Oct 3, 2011

1. My biggest fear would be being too busy to even play with em. Now that I'm working, I realized the time I spent with them has been dwindling. Juggling between families, friends, work and hobbies are really hard.

2. not a fear as such but I always worry when I have purchased a doll until she / he is safely home with me

3. I am so worried about dropping my dolls and damaging them.

4. When it is late at night and I'm walking home from my fiance's house with a doll, I always worry about tripping and falling on it on the rocky driveway I live down. Especially when I bring my doll that has a discontinued body that way.

But usually when I am at home I get weird panic thoughts about a fire happening and losing all of my dolls (and my pet rabbit) but that thought largely occurs because my ledger of the dolls I own is on paper not digital. So I have no proof to reconcile my money with the insurance. (Plus the discontinued dolls that would be hard to rebuy thing. )

5. Long term yellowing is my concern. I have invested quite a lot of money in my dolls, and like to think they will be with me for a long time yet, so hope they stay true to their resin colour for as long as possible.

6. definitely falling and breaking,getting lost or chewed up by one of my pets, most my dolls are limited so finding replacements is near impossible for some or just far to pricey, id cry if i lost a doll or say it shatter

7. I'm scared of many things, but I feel they are standard. Falling and breaking, people stealing them, yellowing, chipping faceups, and stuff like that. I also have a fear of other doll owners making fun of how I style my doll. I know for a fact that that is mostly irrational because I feel like everyone in this hobby is so nice, but its still a fear nonetheless. :aheartbea

8. Greening! I need tan doll for character I've planned, but I'm too afraid to actually buy it because of greening. It's not particullary cheap doll, so I'm considering buying just the head and cheaper body. The problem is, the body is too wiry for this character.

Shipped and lost...As soon as I get my hands on a doll, I'm unable to send it. It's something I just can't do. It's irational. Post never ever lost my package no matter how tiny or from which country it was shipped. I also wouldn't be able to do face-ups and so on for others, because the possibility customer's doll could be lost is equelly unbearable.

Payed for supposed legit, recieve recast and pretty much lost the money.

9. Losing the dolls in a fire or something like that. Most can not be replaced anyhow...Els and Shiwoos are hard to find!!

10. Either my doll being chomped by my dog or severely damaged in some way while on the way to a meetup.

11. I keep having stress nightmares about the kids that sometimes visit this house getting their hands on my dolls. Some of them are well behaved, but a couple have issues that cause them to not really... listen to what they're told... so it's a constant worry. I'm trying to believe the worst one has grown up a little since she last visited, but there's a whole list of scenarios that plays in my head now that she's supposedly coming over soon:

If I put the dolls in a glass cabinet behind lock and key with my other figurines, the kid might see them and want to play, and I can't be sure she wouldn't try to shake the cabinet and possibly even manage to topple it over trying to get to them. This is unlikely but a Very Real Fear nonetheless.

If I keep them where they are (shielded from sunlight in my closet) she might barge into my room even if I close the door since I can't lock it, notice them and just be able to take them and do dog knows what with them.

If I hide them somewhere deeper in the closet... she might still find them. Repeat above.

This is a very specific fear, but I've had so many of my childhood toys broken/lost thanks to these kids that I feel terrified thinking what could happen to my BJDs. :'D

12. Re stringing her :eek: she just got back from her face up/body blushing and I'm afraid I'm going to chip it

13. I've had some of my tan dolls for close to ten years, and they have mellowed a little bit - but no green at all. Unless you already know for sure, rather than fear the worst, if I were you I'd go into the discussion topic for the company whose doll you would like to buy, and ask if anyone knows of greening issues with their tan resin. A lot of companies have improved their formulas significantly over the years, and greening does not seem to be as big an issue as it used to. :)

14. I am very afraid that one day they will be indifferent to me. Everything else can be repaired anyway.

15. Not having enough time playing with them/ customize them or that I did not find the right clothes/eyes or wigs...
      Or loosing interest in the characters (this will never happen but the fear is there xD)

16. Well, mine is losing a doll in the mail. It's always a worry when I buy a doll, but I think it would be an even greater worry if I sent one of my beloved resin kids for a face-up and didn't get him/her back.
      If I wasn't so hyper-worried about losing a doll head, I would have sent some of mine for better face-ups ages ago.

17. My biggest fear concerning my dolls is definitely that can be destroyed or broken (like accidental set fire at home o just fall fom my hands or a place where I leave them during a photoshoot) and lose them (or that are stolen). Only think on it makes me feel so sad... :(:(:(

18. I have two big fears surrounding dolls. The first one is buying a doll only to have it get lost in shipment and being told by the company that they'll neither replace it nor refund me for it. The second is breaking my Ringdoll while traveling with him.

19. I think the worst fear I have if something happens to my doll's faceup. I mean if it's one that I did then I really don't care. But if it's from the company that I had to wait months for, then that's a different story. Especially if it's someone that messes it up and not myself but at that point I think I would just get angry.

20. That seems to be happening to me (although I haven't given up hope yet). In my case, though, it's a second-hand doll, and the seller is really nice about it and offered me a refund if he doesn't show... I still feel bad about it, though. I feel bad for the seller, too.

I think it's worrying about this that made me realise I'm more worried about losing a doll (even if I do get my money back) than damaging any of them.