1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your biggest fear concerning your dolls?

Oct 3, 2011

1. My biggest fear is to break them - especially hands or facial area. Hands are so delicate I am afraid a doll falls by itself and some fingers would easily break. I realized few days ago, that even though here earth quakes are not happening very regularly it is still a possibility... I fear also yellowing, especially white skin tone dolls seem to yellow over the time.

2. Fire. It's a big fear in general, but I've seen BJDs who've made it through fire and it isn't pretty.

3. lol some of the comments are so funny. But I'm afraid if I broke them. Sometimes when I am changing the eyes for my dolls they will just slip out of my hands. I don't want to touch their makeup so it is hard to hold them too tightly. But thankfully nothing really happened when i drop them......

4. Besides the ability for them to break and stain, I always worry about the shelves that my dolls are currently siting on deciding to break. The possibility is low as the shelves are strong but in the back of my mind I still worry. :shudder

5. For me it's definitely my doll getting lost in transit. I also have a highkey fear of my dolls yellowing quickly, which is why I store them whenever I'm not playing with them.

6. I worry there will be some natural disaster, a hurricane, a sink hole, even a fire, and I wont be able to get the dolls out in time, after saving the people and pets that need to be saved first.

I worry that the house might get broken into, and someone will know the value of the dolls and steal them, or worse steal the dolls and give them to some child to play with that breaks them.

I worry about dropping and breaking them. I know they are sturdier then they look as I have had head caps and body parts go flying before and bounce on the marble or wooden floor and not break, but still, I worry about it.

I worry about them getting lost in the mail, or breaking while they are on their way to me, or something else bad happens that they can't be delivered.

When I buy a doll, I worry that the doll wont get sent at all, or that they send the wrong body, or they send the wrong doll.

I worry if I die no one will know the value, despite me pointing out where I keep all the papers and certificates, and then my family will just load them up and give them to goodwill without the papers, or worse yet, just throw all my dolls out.

7. .

#667 Gintsumi, Sep 16, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    8. I guess my fear is that my husband will leave me if he sees how much I truly care about my dolls. He doesnt like dolls of any kind and ever since I moved in with him I have toned down my hobby.
      My therapist said I should stop that so I am worried that I will go too hard. So I always walk on ehshells when dping doll stuff so as not too be too "annoying" or something idk.

9. No real fears except for my newest doll, a Clockwork Faery Moriko. Her resin is quite thin, and she’s quite delicate, so I’m constantly worried about breaking her lol. Other than that, just losing them in the mail.

10. I always worry that i drop them. especially their head, which happens =(

11. Oh god I have tons of fears about my dolls.
      I fear that they'll get lost on transit somehow and I won't be able to recover it.
      Also with fires! I'm terrified of cooking sometimes because I dont want to burn down the house and my dolls with it.
      I'm also absolutely terrified of taking my doll to my mom's house and accidentally leaving him there and having her boyfriend's kids play with him like he's a toy and break some parts to him

12. Honestly it would be losing my dolls, whether by them being stolen or lost in transit somehow. Or if they were to get broken beyond repair. Anything else I feel like I can deal.

13. Either stolen or broken, but I feel those are the pretty common fears

14. My biggest fear is not being able to clean them fully! I basically settled on "almost" with my largest doll. I removed his heavy blushing with rounds of isopropyl alcohol, winsor and newton brush cleaner, dawn soap, and a magic eraser, and still there's parts that aren't clean. I'm planning on having him clothed at all times, but for somebody naked like my dragon, the idea of wanting to redo them and being unable to clean then properly honestly haunts me. That, and not being able to give all of them the love they deserve. It's an expensive hobby in both money and time, sometimes I'll have a week or two where I do nothing with dolls, and a nagging part of me tells me it's all been a waste. It's something I dread more than a lot of things in my life, even things with school.

15. I guess I'm afraid to spend 1000+ on all these dolls and then, just kinda, falling out of love with them. I can't even imagine doing it. I love them all so much, I know it's an irrational fear but ahhhh! I'm also always a nervous wreck as soon as I see that a company has already shipped out my dolls. I know all of the things that can happen with international shipping. I've had a doll break from not having a box (secondhand buying). It wasn't the person I bought from fault. They did good. It was the carrier, the outside box was stabbed through and crushed, and just a nightmare! Now I'm not okai to relax till the box is safely in my hands! *_*

16. This is completely unavoidable if *life* happens...but my biggest fear is being in a the worst financial situation, where I have to part with every single one of my doll collections. Just the idea of it, makes me feel gutted and cold. :(

I've been in a few situations where I parted with dolls, but I was able to recover and it was my own free will (I had a choice; I wasn't forced by the situation).

17. Ship a doll over countries. Everything could happen: broken, stolen, missing, burnt in a fire (yes)

18. There are a lot of bad things that could happen to them, but the ones I actively worry about the most often are dropping them and breaking them or them falling off the shelf and breaking. Or my dogs getting into my room and chewing them.

19. My doll getting lost in the mail after the sender underdeclares value/under insures the doll. Every time I order a doll/buy a doll second hand, I get paranoid it will happen.

20. Having a doll getting lost in transit. I don't want anything getting lost in transit, but much more, I don't want an expensive doll getting lost.
      Also my dogs getting a hold of my dolls. They chew everything up. I'm so so scared of my dolls getting chewn to bits.