1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your biggest fear concerning your dolls?

Oct 3, 2011

1. Probably them getting lost or damaged in the mail or them arriving and I realise I actually hate the sculpt.

2. I would say yellowing. I don’t like them in boxes but at the same time I want to prevent yellowing. So I will cover them up during day time for protection

3. That I wont figure out the outfit to put them in :atremblin

4. My newest fear is having my doll never show up. I have one that shipped with no insurance that cost me a LOT of money, and the thought of losing the money and the doll is causing me so much stress. I won't rest easy until the doll arrives, and if she doesn't I won't be able to bring myself to buy any dolls for a while because she cost me so much money. I would be gutted :(

5. I have butter fingers, its as if someone just poured oil on my hands. The thing that scares me the most is that I drop and break a piece, and there is no way to fix it. And there is my irrational fear that there is going to be a fire in my house while I am away and my doll will get destroyed, thus I take her with me on vacation, even if I'm never going to take her out of my luggage.

6. I'd be scared of getting a doll or faceup and having a different expectation of what it would end up like than the reality, and as a result falling out of love with it. Since the land of BJDs deals in handpainting and every individual doll has its own charms, and me being a veeeery particular person, this concern is pretty high.

7. That their faceups or sealant may crack due to sudden temperature changes or wrong humidity or a fall from my shelf. Especially after I spent so much time, money, and luck to get their faces painted by artists and I really love how they look now.

#727 Misto_Silmaril, Apr 7, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    8. Honestly as long as they're in one piece I'm not too worried. Yellowing I can deal with, and pieces can be glued back together, but the thought of losing them or them being destroyed does scare me quite a bit. They're comfort objects and even if I got the exact same sculpt it wouldn't be the same.

9. It's a bit irrational, but one of my biggest fears about my dolls is needing to sell them and then nobody wants to buy them or wants to buy them at ridiculously low prices. Selling is super high anxiety for me.

Another fear or more discomfort is that I'm scared of demon dolls, spooky dolls, horror dolls, or dolls portrayed to be demons/ghosts, etc. I love them in photos and aesthetically speaking some of the ones I've seen online are amazing, but I'm quite superstitious. It took me a long time to actually get dolls because I've always been a bit put off by them, but the beauty and art of BJDs won me over so I avoid things that would make me anxious or scared of them.

10. My biggest year is that they are got lost in the mail.
      I obtained my biggest grail and I am 10000xmore filled with angst and dread than normal.
      Also, I have to send her away for face up, since she has to be perfect. So I will experience this angst at least three times in total

11. My biggest fear is my dolls either getting lost or damaged. Right now my dolls are at my folk's house while I'm away at college, so it gives me some anxiety that my relatives may move them or do something without knowing how to care for them. I actually had my dolls on my shelf while I was out with friends and my mom opened my blinds on a sunny day.

12. My biggest fear is sending a doll for a faceup and getting lost in mail or destroyed. Probably why I do my own faceups. Also a big fire and not having enough time to grab my dolls. Of course, I would probably grab my dog and some clothes first but

13. Breaking a doll or getting one stolen scares me to death

14. I think regretting a purchase? I get awful guilt when I spend a lot of money, so I sit on the fence for so long that I end up overthinking it. My biggest fear is that I'll end up not vibing with the sculpt and struggle to find a new home for them and be out of pocket. But usually I sit on the fence for so long that I know i'm in love bc i cannot stop thinking about them lol

15. Until I added them to my estate planning, I worried they would wind up at Goodwill or some other resale org. when I pass away. Now I know where they will go and to whom so I no longer worry. It used to be hurricanes since my coastal area has taken some bad direct hits over the years but now they are included in my home owners insurance.

16. This is my big fear as well, to be honest haha. Both general losing-interest leaving-the-hobby sales and emergency need-funds-now sales. I already don't expect to get anywhere near my money back, I figured that much when I started buying, but I don't really own any in demand sculpts. On the contrary, I've got quite a few that I rarely, if ever, see owner pics of. If ever I wanted, or god forbid needed to sell I worry there wouldn't be any takers lol.

17. I’ve been in this hobby for a long time, and that’s given me plenty of time to enjoy my collection and feel like I’ve gotten plenty of return on my investment already. So I don’t worry about things like resale or yellowing or the exceedingly rare possible damage. I’m pretty laid back with my collection.:) But since the pandemic, my biggest new fear is a doll getting lost in the mail before I even receive them. Thank heavens it has never happened, but I’m absolutely terrified of the possibility with all the mail delays.

#737 PoeticSoul, May 13, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    18. Lost in the mail, or somehow them getting broken when I move.

19. Breaking their head. I've got three dolls and two of the heads are discountinued... (Ring doll Law, and Doll Chateau Laney)

20. Definitely my largest fear is them being lost in transit. After getting the shipping notice, the excitement is amazing, but then there's the new fear that the thing that I paid a good deal of money for will disappear.