1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your biggest fear concerning your dolls?

Oct 3, 2011

1. My worst fear is that my overly curious cat will eat my doll's wig. The other one is that my idiot father will damage my doll further than he already has.

2. I am very afraid of letting my doll fall or not paying enough attention while carrying him through a crowd and then have someone bump into him, leaving any kind of damage

3. My dad did that to me and knocked my poor boy's head off.

4. My biggest fear is that their heads will break or that my apartment gets on fire while I'm out or that someone breaks in and steals my dolls...I have a vivid imagination lol

5. hmm. I am afraid of fires or natural disasters because I know they would not be my first priority during the event and would likely be left behind, but I would be unhappy for the loss after the fact.. I am also afraid of other people touching and ruining them.
      I used to be afraid I would develop a resin sensitivity and not be able to keep them XD

6. My biggest fear is comming home one day and finding that they were stolen.
      Just dolly theft in general scares me! And ofcourse I worry about them falling and getting a dent in their nose. Im not so worried about fingers breaking, they sell those seperate. But a face getting damaged, omg. :(

7. My worst fear is having them stolen. It always makes me sad to read about stolen dolls. :< My second fear is damage, whether it's from a natural disaster or an accident. I'd be really sad if the damage was permanent.

8. Being almost the only bjd-owner in my town, I really fear to encounter some doll disaster I won't be able to fix, like they would get stained or badly damaged.
      My girl fell on her face once, just when I was making pictures of her, and I had a long minute of a quiet freak-out: "Ohnonono what if her nose broke off or her makeup smudged or she got cracks on her face or her eye dislodged" - before I was able to turn her the right side up. She was just fine, but that was by far the worst experience.

9. I'm pretty paranoid about them getting sun damage - when the season changes and the sun rises slightly differently in my room or the weather gets very clear, if I wake up at sunrise I take a quick check around my room to make sure none of them are in sunbeams, haha. Often if I have them somewhere sunny but can't move them elsewhere I'll put random bits of clothing over them to cover them up before I go to bed.

Other fear would be having them damaged, so I guess sun damage counts for that too huh. I have a few dolls who have had their faceups damaged because of some accident, or through carelessness of mine... and losing their parts is horrible too. I get very paranoid about that with my soom dolls, because they have so many well... bits! I haven't the foggiest idea where the magnets to my fairy doll are... :'(

10. I've actually had to do this >< during the brisbane flooding, I had to evacuate, and had to put all my dolls up somewhere high and then we had to get out! Everyone was alright - luckily our place was untouched by the floods, however we wanted to get out just in case because of the pets.

11. My biggest fear is my doll (soon to be dolls) getting lost in the mail, or misplaced. :(

12. I don't know, I guess my fear would be if someone took my doll, took him apart, and hid all of his body parts in places were I could never find them. Kind of weird to say, but I don't know, the dolls are just too expensive (and beautiful) to lose in a joke.

13. SUNLIGHT! I hate when sun gets on them! >:o

14. Same with me lol

15. This is a tricky quesion for me. While imagining my little Pocca stolen would probably be the worst scenario, I dont have a fear of it...if that makes sense. I dont want to go around showing her to all sorts of people, wondering "when" she'll be stolen and therefor I have much more fear of her breaking.

If she was stolen I do know where I got her all of her stuff so I could replace her while a broken doll would be tricky for me. Not really being able to replace her since she's still here

I may just sound silly but that's how I feel :3

16. I'm new to the doll scene, and my biggest fear is that I'll mess something up because of my inexperience. I can just imagine spending hundreds of dollars on my first doll and storing it improperly or doing something to break or stain it. It's actually really intimidating to me...

17. Right now, yellowing. I know it's natural and will happen. But I worry they will be obvious, ugly yellow, or that the MSC on their face ups will yellow and that their faces have to be redone. I have beautiful PW company face up and I love it and don't want to have to redo it.
      Also I worry that the curls on their wigs will tangle and get messy beyond repair.

Not huge problems but I do worry :/

18. I'm with all the previous posters who worry about natural disasters. In particular, I have an unreasonable fear of house fires. Granted, it's not specific to my dolls - I worry about my other artwork, possessions, and especially my pets. It's not like I'm especially afraid of fire in general and I don't ever find myself worrying about a fire when I'm at home. But my big anxiety is about my home burning down while I'm away. >_<

19. Theft and natural disasters, particularly fire or tornado. Living in KS, I've already been through a couple close calls with tornados and my dolls.... which lead to me tossing them all into a laundry hamper and dragging them down the cellar stairs, then back up. Let me tell you, NOT fun with 20+ dolls. >.>

Since then, I've moved into an apartment, so I worry about not just a fire in my unit but in another one that might spread. Or, again, a tornado... much more difficult to get down to the cellar, since it's outside now.

20. My biggest fear concerning my dolls is accidentally dropping them in water.