1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your biggest fear concerning your dolls?

Oct 3, 2011

1. but water isn't harmful?

2. One of my fears is non-doll people handling my dolls. If I can see the respect and admiration shining in their eyes I'll make an exception..but even with my own family I get super freaked out if they touch or hold any of my dolls. I don't know why..I mean, they know to be careful...but I still worry. Maybe because none of them really care or like my dolls..except maybe my mom. She might enjoy them a bit through me, but still wishes I didn't have any because of the price. :/

My other fear is what will happen to them if I die, or something happens to me and I'm in the hospital for a long time. I don't plan on dying or getting seriously hurt (or hurt at all!), but things happen. I've taken to telling my friends and family what to do just in case. (my best friend will help my family sell off those she doesn't want to keep...blah blah) I want to make a will for them. :lol:

Lastly...it's a silly fear...but...I'm afraid of running out of room. I have sooo many right now I can hardly find space for them. It's not good and I really should sell some but I'm just so attached and in love with each one. It's very hard. I've always been very sentimental. :P But whenever a new doll comes home I panic and freak out about where I'm going to put them in my tiny 9x9 room. xD

3. I fear fire! I live in a housing block with many apartments, and if it comes to a fire accident, I wouldn't know what to do - I cannot safe all my dolls. It may sound quite paranoid but every Christmas time and New Years day I fear so much about the candles, fireworks and Christmas trees people use all around.

My other fear is, if I die, my husband won't know the real value of my dolls and may not have any idea how to sell my collection of dolls. I'm quite sure he won't just throw them away, but I'm afraid he would just sell them at ebay for just a few Euros.

Fear No.3: the same Akai Okami already mentioned before: running out of free room! I already got too many dolls, but I love them all and still want more to love.

4. Mine is robbery and been house robbed before but luckily it was BEFORE I was into the hobby. The area I live in has robbery problems and is not so safe to live in even with cops patrolling in my opinion.

Also agreed with MikadoCho on traveling, I have to travel a lot on buses and trains for long periods to get to a meet. I tend to worry if I leave them behind. Luckily I gotten into the habit of looking back and making sure I don't forget anything before getting on. But that worry is still always there.

5. 1) theft, i have had something worth $100 stolen from my house before, thankfully it wasn't any more than that. i filed a police report but it was never resolved.

2) damage, either through natural causes like fire or through people mis-handling my dolls, or my dolls being damaged during transportation (this is actually why i don't currently take my favorite doll to meets - i don't have my own car and public transport with my most precious doll would petrify me, lol)

6. Yellowing.

7. them getting stolen for falling over and getting hurt : (

8. Im afraid one day I'll go to move, pack them up carefully in their boxes with wrappings and pillows, load them up in the car with all my things, move, and then when I go to unpack them they're gone. things get lost in moving all the time, and dollies aren't necesarilly an exception. Its kind of weird and specific, but I would die if it happened.

9. I've always moved around a lot and I'm going home to Scotland in a few years with at least one doll (probably more) so I guess my biggest fear is that something will happen to a doll when I'm moving somewhere (I still have several house moves coming up once I get there too). Like them getting lost or stolen or broken.

Easily avoided, pack well and have them with me at all times when moving about like that. I think I'd panic.

I've also always had a fear of house fires since I was a little girl so that'd be really horrible too. Just as bad as the above in fact.

10. Somehow my default faceup getting damaged and me, trying to fix it, accidently ruining the whole thing. I would be so sad!! :(

11. I'm worried that if I were to try a mod, I would botch the job so badly that the head would be completely wrecked. That's why I try to get sculpts that don't need modding, because the horror stories I've heard of unresponsive modders and face-up artists has me a little spooked to go that route for it.

12. my nails have gotten pretty long, so I'm a bit worried about accidentaly scratching the faceup while catching a falling doll... :c
      It's not like I can't buy new faceups.. but I really like the ones they've got already.

13. My biggest fear is loosing my Resin Folk in a flood, fire, or hurricane. Living in Miami I deal with floods and hurricanes every year and even had to pack them up in their carrying cases for some of them. I always make sure their stuff is all together when expecting a storm, makes it easier to grab them and my cat and get out.

14. iam scares to death of having them stolen! O_O i don't think they'll ever leave the house like on a trip where i have to use public transportation or something, if i drive yes. i would DIE if that was ever to happen!!! i have already instructed my child not to ever tell anyone the price for that matters, and she is so smart she figured out why on her own lol XD

15. I'm really worried about them yellowing...I know it's inevitable, but I get so freaked out about it it's kind of ridiculous...

16. I think for me, it is waking up one morning and having a total change of heart where I just don't feel anything towards the dolls--kind of an indifference, if you will.

17. I'm afraid of accidently leaving them on my desk, outside or someplace else, where they stay in the sun for a long time. I'm not afraid of yellowing at all, but I'm still worried about it... ^^'

Other than that it would be that their face breaks beyond repair and getting stolen.

18. My biggest fear is deciding to move someone out. Im not bonding with a doll at the moment, but im worried if i sell her that i'll regret it later, even though she lives in her box at the moment.
      I too am also scared my hubby wont know what my dolls are worth if something happened to me.

19. My biggest fear is that I pay full price - and get nothing. Something happens to a doll on its way or something...

20. I worry about damage, I would be heart broken if one fell and broke beyond replacement or repair.
      ATM I live in a very safe area so I don't worry too much about theft or natural disasters, but I will be moving to Corpus Christi next summer and I will definitely worry about a hurricane coming through an destroying everything. I think when the storms roll in I will be packing them up and bringing them with me to safety.