1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite doll size and why

Jan 14, 2010

1. I prefer the MSD size, but I also like dolls until 65 cm, not more than this or less than a MSD

2. I'm more of the MSD person as I find it easier to carry and bring to work. Though there are some exceptions to certain dolls in other sizes, such as SD's I would go for Ringdoll, Volks, Loong Soul and for Tinies, I'm only interested in Pukifee Pong Pong.

This would only refer to as full dolls as I would only like to collect heads in MSD and SD for now.

3. I used to think I'd only own 1/4 scale dolls, thinking larger would be too big. When I got my first doll (Dollzone Shoyo, 1/4 scale) I was sure anything bigger would be too big. I just got my first SD sized doll, my grail at that, and now my minis look tiny next to her, and I find myself considering them as living up to the size name- small. It's weird how perspective can change like that.

I still love my 1/4 scale dolls but I'm finding that 1/3 scale seems "right" to me. However I don't have much space at the moment, so I probably won't be getting another large doll anytime soon. ):

4. I like MSDs because they're big enough to play with, but light enough to take with me everywhere

5. I can confirm with all my heart I love SD size BJD's :)

6. It used to be MSDs, and it still is when it comes to portability. MSDs are by far the easiest to carry around and take pictures of! But, I also LOVE the aesthetic and sculpts of SDs and larger dolls! The only size I can't seem to be interested in are Yo-Sds!

7. I prefer 1/3 (60cm) because of that most limited edition (from anime) are volks clothes made for that size and i always have problems with buying them for my 1/4 size doll (and im always force to make them myself)

8. When I first joined the hobby, I thought I'd be a MSD person, but over time I've realized I'm more of an SD person. I just like how they feel, and I like to cuddle with them and watch movies. I feel like that'd be harder with a MSD. Even though, a lot of times I find myself liking MSD sculpts more, but luckily lots of companies offer the same/similar sculpts in multiple sizes.

9. I prefer smaller dolls, like MSD and smaller. I have a Vito boy, who is 52cm, and I feel like he is too big!
      SD/55cm+ Just doesn't appeal to me... Too much doll!
      I like to take mine everywhere with me and prefer the better travel size, too. I have had as small as a 15cm ResinSoul Yu, and I loved her.
      I feel like one day I may want an SD doll, but not anytime soon.

10. 1/3 or SD17ish dolls seem to appeal to me the most! I don't mind the ones that are more in the 50cm range, but I don't think I could ever go for the teeny tiny ones... They're cute to look at, but I wouldn't really know what to do with them.

11. Being in cynology from the childhood, I've loved all of the dogs but only big ones gave me the feeling of special delight and admiration. Dobermanns, great danes, borzoi breeds...

Guess what happened when i got to know bjd) yes, i totally love 70+ and maybe accept -60+ because i have nothing against the short stature adults.

12. I'm definitely an MSD person. I love SD size, but haven't found one that I'm really confident placing over my MSDs. Plus it's much easier for me to lift MSDs, and they tend to be easier to string and transport.

13. 1/4 scale is my favorite, particularly slim minis. I keep trying to move into 1/3 and larger but the minis keep calling me back! I tend to favor them when I buy things for my dolls, too.

14. I'd say SD, mainly for clothes making, working with the larger sizes is so much easier. I love my baby tiny delf but making clothes for him.. @_@ I also love the mature head sculpts of a lot of SDs, they're very charming lol

15. I in general like more maturely sculpted dolls (teenaged and older) as opposed to baby-like, toddler or younger child ones. So...I'd have to say SDs generally, although I do have one MSD I think is adorable, and wouldn't mind 1/4 or 1/6 if they're sculpted more maturely.

Plus, well...the bigger ones are just much more fun to me in general. Although I think I have to draw the line at 72-73cm. Bigger than that is too big for me!

16. Msd my fav though yosd is cute but I guess msd are prefect size to shot

17. I like tinies since they are so small. They are easier for me to store and play with, since they are easy to handle.

18. MSDs or smaller SDs! I had a tiny, but didn't like her as much...

19. Anything around 40cms is lovely in my opinion! Small enough to bring to conventions and outdoors without any extreme packing and big enough to have some mature looking dolls! There is also the bonus that a lot of companies use it as their default size for furniture ^^

20. I like 60cm+. The bigger the better for me because I feel like it's easier to sew clothes for them.