1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite doll size and why

Jan 14, 2010

1. I prefer SD or similar sizes. They're not too large to handle, either not too tiny to ignore details.

2. yoSD / 1/6 / 26cm
      Whatever you call them I like them best! I love them because the size is perfect for me. I live in a small apartment, so even MSDs are way to big, but the 26cm dolls fit perfectly on my shelf, and will be easy to move around. I also like that they are a bit more childlike. I am working toward becoming a children's book illustrator, so having dolls of their proportions could be very useful as references! (:

3. I also like SD, because they are easier to sew for, but smaller dolls are often more adorable ><

4. i like SD17.. I had mechas (to big) I had the 90cm Hale (way to big) I like some MSD sizes if they are more in the fashion size frame

5. I've had pretty much all sizes, from puki puki to 73cm Ringdoll and I have to say I prefer the sd size. I think partly because I have arthritis in my hands and they are just easier to dress and hold. I will admit that small dolls are adorable so I may keep my puki puki for a "doll" for one of my sd girls.

6. I think SD are my favourite, because their size allows for more detailed faces and clothing. Also, something about how big they are makes them feel more 'real' and substantial to me.

7. In the hobby I more than 4 years. And I liked dolls of different sizes: 11 cm and tiny and YOSd, MSD. Now CD. They are all beautiful in its own way))

8. I would prefer 60 -65cm dolls, because I love mature sculpts and they are easy to get awesome clothes.

9. While I don't personally own a doll yet, I feel like I would be most fond of the taller and larger dolls. Most of the ones I look at and that are on my wishlist though tend to be around 60-70 cm.

10. Judging by my collection, I would say YOSD sized. I think kid dolls are completely adorable and remind me of my own childhood. I'm trying to say no to anymore though. I also love much smaller dolls but then things start to get harder with dressing, eyes and teenie tiny bits so I try (and fail) to limit those too.

11. I love the 40cm to 45cm size obitus. They are light and every pice of there body is replaceable. They can also pose like a dream.

12. I like both the very small dolls and the very big dolls - YoSd/Littlefee and 70cm. I'm not much for anything in between for some reason, probably because these sizes are usually styled as adolescents, and that's not an aesthetic I really like.

13. I have a doll only 70 cm, and they are great =) I can not imagine what I would have done with a little doll

14. I will be having a little bit of each tbh. I personally like msd and bigger when it comes to making clothes. It makes the process a lot easier!
      Though I do have a yosd and one smaller bunny character and I love them I just don't want to make clothes for them since it's more difficult. For carrying around, I'd say msd or smaller is preferred.
      I guess I'm kinda everywhere with size preferences XD

15. I really love the size of MSD's. It's like they're just the perfect size. Bigger than normal dolls, but not so big as to be obtrusive.

16. I like smaller dolls! 26-16cm is really good for me.
      For me I feel like bigger doll are harder to handle. I like smaller doll's cute round face and youngish look. Their stuff also cost a bit less too so that's a plus!

17. I love SDGR because the figure is perfect!

18. I find 1/4-sized dolls the easiest to maneuver, dress, and display, but I love all the sizes. I can't imagine collecting just one.

19. MSD/1/4 sizes! I think they're nice and compact, and the prices are generally more affordable for the casual collector

20. I like 55 ~ 60 cm because it's easier to find them clothes