1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite doll size and why

Jan 14, 2010

1. I really like MSDs because they don't take up a lot of space.I think they're the perfect size for me and I can easily put them anywhere in my home. SDs are cool too; I don't have one yet but I would like to. :kitty2

2. I prefer MSD or smaller (Lati Yellow ♡). I was considering of getting a SD as my first, but I'm really pleased I went with a MSD.

3. I currently own 1/12, 1/6 and 1/3 ball-jointed dolls. To be honest I really can't choose the 'perfect' size for me. Maybe I just haven't encountered it yet. I feel the most comfortable with my YOSD in regards to keeping him out and carrying him with me. My SD girl is the one I enjoy shopping for the most and I love the way she looks but she's not very convenient to store or carry around. My 1/12th girls are absolutely adorable and I love the amount of detail that goes into such a small doll. I love posing them and taking pictures of my tiny ones the most.

Each size has its charms :3 I kind of regret getting so many different sizes in regards to them not being able to share items but I wouldn't want to miss any of them.

4. I love 60cm dolls, there's something about their size that I really enjoy. I have a 43cm and, while I love her, I've had a harder time bonding with her. I do really want a tiny doll one day (like a yo-sd) so we'll see.

5. I love my Dollfie Dreams which are SD sized but I also love my 1/6 (YOSD) resin BJDS. I honestly can't pick between them.

6. Lil tinies are so cute... Not to mention they are a fun challenge. Sometimes big dolls just take up so much space, and it is so difficult to take them places and set them up... But the tiny dolls are easily transportable AND adorable. What more could you want?

7. i actually love YOSD even though i have mostly MSD XD

8. Im still asking myself this question... I have 2 sds and 1 msd and now planning to buy 1 yo sd and 1 tiny... I think Im still searching for it... but the thing is... I love em all... coz im inlove with the sculpt. and then ill search for it ... even if its a yo sd msd or sd...i think i preffer the minis thou... coz I love to travel.. its easy to carry em thats why im planning to buy one.

9. I tend to like smaller dolls, just something about how tiny and portable they are really gets me

10. For me, 60cm all the way.

I've got smaller, but I tend to ignore them, and I didn't cope with 70cm very well at all (too big).

60cm though I find to be perfect. (Granted, I don't carry around them around with me! :)) I like how they look and feel, and clothing is easy to find.

If I could only have one size it would definitely be 60cm!

11. I have various sizes and for me I tend to love the big dolls the most. Like, the really big dolls. Trinity (105cm) and Lusion (80cm) size, especially.

But for a nice portable, carry-around size, my 60cms work just as well. :)

12. I love YOSD!:3nodding: They have lovely features. And they are light and easy to carry.;)

13. My favourite is 1/3 (SD ~SD17) simply because I think clothes look nicer on a larger doll. (but I admit they occupy much more space)

14. It's a little hard to say since I don't have much experience, but at present I really like MSD size. I think I actually would prefer small SD sizes, and sizes between MSD and SD. Anything 60cm and above would be too big, I think. Tinies are also not for me.

15. I find myself attracked to 11/4 dolls because i like the humanistic, but hyper stylized look. I like 1/3 babies too!

16. I have had all sizes of bjds I think. My favorite is SD size just because it's easier for me to sew clothes for, do faceups etc. and I guess the weight and size reminds me somewhat of a child, so it feels natural to carry, compared to msd and yosd whom I'm afraid will brake when I touch them

17. I have had SD, MSD, and YOSD at this point in the game.
      I think I prefer MSD now. I feel they're the perfect size.
      And not to heavy to carry around all day if needed.
      Not to mention the clothes options you have for them.
      But I did love my YOSD for the option of carrying her in my bag whenever I wanted.
      I'll probably get another at some point. Haha.

18. I like 60 cm or slightly larger. Although I have an MSD and really like a lot of the sculpts, the larger dolls just really seem to have more presence and commanding personalities (at least for me). Plus, they are definitely easier to sew for. Athough, I do have to agree with several people who have posted here, the bigger dolls do take up a lot of room.

19. My favorite is 1/3 in this moment, I really like bigger dolls :)

20. I love the SD size. Nothing larger than 70cm. I think the SD size is a great one for creating clothing for with not much difficutly.