1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite doll size and why

Jan 14, 2010

1. I definitely prefer MSD sized over all of my dolls. I struggle a lot with the larger sizes. They're beautiful and have a good weight to them, but MSD just fits a long better for me. Easier to carry and move around and easier for me to shop for in general. I also have a fondness of yoSD size as well!

2. I plan to get Akagi Doll ones for my Luts Delf twins!

3. I really like the aesthetic of the Akagi Doll bodies!

4. MSDs - not to big, not too small.... they're juuuuust right.

5. I guess slim MSD as they're easy to handle, not too big to make dioramas for, and lots of nice clothes can be found for them.

6. I like 60-70 cm. My Rhein is 65 cm and it is ok for me. MSD is not my size. Too small and too light, and they don't evoke this special feeling...:love

7. YOSD for sure ! I started with Pullip, so this is a size I'm used too. I'm okay with smaller (like Realfee). I got a Minifee too, but this is my limit. SD make me unconfortable, even if I really like some molds !

8. My favorite sizes are 60cm and 50cm. Before any of my dolls arrived, I thought I would prefer 30cm, but they are just too small. I'm even afraid I won't like my 45cm doll on the way, but hopefully I will! 50-60cm is such a comforting size. They're big enough for me to cuddle without worrying about crushing them.

9. I am receiving my first YOSD doll today so I don't know 100% about how I feel about ehm... but so far I think I prefer MSD! Although I think I will have more SDs as time goes one, I love that MSDs are a little more portable and the sculpts tend to appeal to me more!

10. I prefer SD. Smaller sized dolls are typically too childish looking for my tastes and once they get too big they take up far too much room for my liking. :sweat

11. Currently I only own MSDs, and I absolutely adore the size. The prices for them are usually more in my range of possibility. My grail is an SD, though.

12. 60-75cm. Mostly 68 and 72cm dolls. I collected 1/6 figures for years, but my first bjd was 72cm and his size was cool. I kept collecting in the same range, although I have two little guys now (the characters are aged 3 and 6) I handle the bigger ones more, and am more likely to try crafting for them.

I like their size and weight (my 72cm impldoll is pushing it, though... he’s so heavy. Doesn’t help that he’s in full leather Loki costume and boots!)

13. I used to be dead set on SDs but I think I'm more inclined towards MSDs now, not sure why, SDs just seem REALLY big to me now

14. I love YoSD! Easy to carry around and make clothing and accessories for. I just wish it was easier to find mature looking Yosd's haha.

MSD's are a very close second though! And SD's are too intimidating for me.

15. A lot of the MSD size either have sculpts or bodies that look too young, not masculine or too anime looking. This is the reason why I prefer 65-72 dolls. I agree that bigger dolls are very heavy and difficult to carry around with. A lot of the time I use they for display purpose only and admire their art form. If the doll is too small then a lot of attention to details will be lost - not just the sculpt and body but the outfits as well.

16. I love MSD. For some reason they just look right. Also very comfortable to hold in hands.
      SD scare me a bit, and I think I would be too lazy to carry them around. Maybe 58cm are still fine, but I am not sure.
      YOSD are cute, but not much posing options and harder to take picture of.

17. 58cm! They are the perfect size for me because they aren't too big and aren't too small for me to make clothes for

18. the yosd size is for me the best size for sewing and creating a diorama... and making pics.

19. I like both SD and MSD. Actually, I used to prefer MSD but I tend to like SD more now. When I started in the hobby, I thought I would never get a doll taller than 45cm, then I realized the perfect sculpts for my characters were SD, especially for boys. I struggled to find mature male MSD and there are definitely more props/clothes available for taller dolls. I also find them easier to customize. However, MSD are better to carry and display, and if it was not to shell specific characters of mine, I would have kept MSD only.

20. I have SD to tiny size, (58cm-10cm) and I'm finding that my Two SD's are being sorely neglected. They're just too big for me. I still love them, but I'm probably not going to get anymore unless fairyland brings back some of the older cp sculpts. But I don't really see that happening.

Msd and tinies are just my thing. Msd's are big enough and some are mature enough for me to have older teenage characters, while the tinies are small enough to go everywhere with me!