1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite doll size and why

Jan 14, 2010

1. I used to be all about bigger 70cm sized SDs but now I think they’re too big and finicky so I’m reshelling my boys as yosd tinies.

Pros:
      - Super portable & cute
      - everything is suddenly a lot cheaper lol
      - I only collect boys so there’s very few clothing options: limited spendings yay!
      - no more heart attacks from nosediving resin giants

Cons:
      - a lot of bug-eyed, babyish looking moulds, not my thing but keeps my resin herd small
      - limited poseability

2. Have you heard of mature tinies? Thy might be more your speed.

3. After trying all scales and types of dolls for many years, the best are:

SD or SD10/SD13 size. The smaller 1/3 scale size. These are the perfect size.

1. My least favorites are too large dolls. The SD17 size is a bit too large (I like what I have but wish they ran a bit smaller). EID and Idealian are way too bulky and large.
      2. MSD is also a great size, but have less selection in sculpts and outfits., especially mature types. I can generally interchange SD17 heads & parts on SD10 bodies, but not MSD scale.
      3. YoSD and minis are a great size, but tend towards chibi or "baby" sculpts (I don't like baby dolls). Their BJD outfits often are overly expensive, but there is a variety of clothes in ~1/6 scale. The posing on minis can be lousy.

4. hmmm...still a bit new to this but so far, I've been getting/drawn to SD sizes but I do like MSD sizes too. I tend to prefer smaller ones in general (I love miniature stuff), idk if i'll get any tinies, but I'm surprised my first doll is an SD and still buying other SD sizes XD but they're nice. they're a good size hahahaha but we'll see if i branch out and get other sizes though it's a big daunting if I get an SD size more than 60cm (I believe my SD boys are only 60cm)
      but who knows XD

5. When I first started the hobby I liked SD sized dolls only. They just seem the most realistic and I felt like they had more potential creatively. But now I'm starting to appreciate smaller sized BJDs and I really want a cute MSD to take around with me and not feel too weighed down!

6. 45-60 I prefer dolls that are not too small.

7. I love YOSD size. Its easy to take outdoor and they are cute.

8. I love SD to 70cm dolls! I prefer 60 rather than 70 but there is many handsome 70cm boys so I have some big guys.
      I prefer the presence of SD sized dolls. I used to have some tinies and some MSD dolls but I don't keep a lot of them. I own 4 tinies, I have two small MSD (35 and 40cm), I'm waiting for one MSD and I own 38 SDs.

9. i like a msds!

10. I prefer SD dolls. My first doll was an MSD but I find him really small and it just wasn't for me. I love big dolls so SD size is perfect to me! They're like miniature people, very realistic and with a strong presence <3 Anyway, I do want one YOSD too.

11. I only own SDs so far, I like how heavy they are and I just feel like there are more sculpts in that size that I like.
      I do find myself drawn to MSD Girls these days though, so we'll see if my preferance will change.

12. I own 4 sizes at the moment, and as much as I adore all my dolls, my size preference leans towards the biggest ones, Volks SD16 ladies. Not sure why, I guess I just like a solid chunk of resin in my hands! :lol:

13. I have had one of each height except for 70cm or larger. I would say that I love the msd sized dolls because they are easy to sew for, pose, and build characters for. However, their size does get in the way a bit for someone in an apartment. I have been focusing more on the 15cm-26cm range lately and although a lot of them have mpre childish features they are easier to haul around and store and the compact size is less conspicuous if i take them outside for a photo shoot.

14. My favorite size are SD13/60cm tall dolls, they tend to have a more mature look to them and it's quite easy to buy clothes for this size.
      I don't like the look of MSD sized dolls, they often look too childish and tbh small chubby doll hands with short fingers just don't fit my aestethics :sweat
      I do think that dolls that are bigger than the SD13 size look awesome in person but for me they seem to be too much to handle in everyday interactions.

15. My favorite size would be MSD. Mainly because it's a great size to start off with for me, and it's not too big or heavy and not super small either. I would prefer them to look less like children and babies though and more like adults. Because I like the way SD is sculpted but they're a little too big for comfort on my end :frownyblush:

16. My favorite size (so far) is MSD. It's not too big or too small and are usually within my price range. I would consider buying some SD dolls, but no larger than 65cm...

17. I prefer tinies because they are so easy to carry and set up places. That being said I like to admire the SD sizes from afar for how detailed they can be.

18. I prefer MSD size and yosd size.
      For me, both these size is big enough to show details of their dress and they aren't big so I can put them in my dorm room.
      If I want SD size doll. I will only think Smart doll.
      It isn't heavy so I can bring them out to take pic easily.

19. My favorite size is the tiny class because I'm most familiar with working on that size of face, since I did MH customs before bjd, and because this size class has the most kinds of dolls I like in it, like the styles and sculpts and such. This size has widely varying types of dolls, as opposed to MSD and SD sizes that are mostly realistic or anime types.

20. As a new BJD collector size has been a real struggle to understand. This is a very helpful thread thank you!