1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite doll size and why

Jan 14, 2010

1. My favorite size is huge dolls :love

I eventually want a second Dollmore Lusion and certainly want a Dollmore Trinity, also a Spiritdoll Dolce. Although I knew buying a Lusion was my goal when entering the hobby, I did buy an MSD as my first doll just to make sure I would like the idea of owning a ball jointed doll in the first place, and also to experiment on faceups and customization with her, since she was a lot cheaper than the limited Lusion fullest that was my grail. My little 37cm Alice in Labyrinth Daryl arrived and I basically went “yep, love this but need bigger” and continued saving money for the Lusion. I like the BB trend (giant/big baby) but other than those, I would never consider buying an MSD again. However, I have three SD sized girls and am thinking of adding a fourth because there are so many more sculpt and hybrid options for SDs opposed to the few existing giant dolls :)

2. My favourite are dolls in the 35 - 40 cm range ~
      I like smaller dolls as they are easier to display and travel with, but the YoSD sized dolls are normally to child-like for my tastes.
      I had thought minifee moe bodied dolls were the best size for me, but recently have obtained some 35cm girls I just love!
      Only issue is finding clothes that fit!

3. I love mature tinies. I find them very easy to carry around, and they don't need as much display space as bigger dolls. There are a ton of sewing patterns in this size and they're big enough that most of the sewing for them can be done with a machine.I just love handling this size too. I like my extra tiny puki puki dolls too, but they are a pain to sew for.

4. MSD is currently my favorite scale, being large enough to feel substantial but not large enough to overwhelm a teeny living space. I do plan on branching out into SDs one day, as I love the variety of mature sculpts available. Tinies are great, too, though! I'm not drawn so much to "kid" tinies, but fantasy tinies that don't necessarily need to be dressed are awesome. Tons of prop options in that scale, and they take up hardly any room.

5. This is like me also! I have just purchased my first msd after owning only yosd sizes and I think this will probably be the total range for me :))

6. I like the idea of larger dolls because I like more mature aesthetics and they are more common in 70+ dolls. My first BJD was a 70+ boy, he was a beauty but I found his size difficult to handle... I now have a 63, he's still fairly heavy. I don't think I can go smaller though because smaller dolls tend to look too child like.

7. Honestly my favorite size for bjds is 10ish to about 27cm. I'm actually not very fond of bigger dolls, though I have seen some MSD sculpts that have intrigued me. I like how big my realpuki is because I can easily fit him in my bag to take anywhere with me.

8. Different sizes for different purposes and I like pairs and trios most, that’s one reason I have as many dolls as I do.
      1/4 for play and groupings, 1/3 and 70cm for sewing, display and photography practice, mature 1/6 for scale accessories/dollhouse.

9. I like dolls 65cm or more because clothes are easy to make. To be able to hug them.

10. I tend to like the SDs i actually went back and fourth about weather i wanted MSD or SDs though the larger dolls won me over because i have the same thought as you "those are huge they look cuddly" although i've more lately been drawn towards 70cm dolls so i'm all for very large dolls!

11. I love MSD sized dolls, especially slim MSDs. I love their aesthetic and all the clothing options for them

12. for the people who love their sd dolls what kind of range are your babies are they more around the 60cm or the 70cm and which do you prefer personally as my future crew are going to be between those sized and i wondered how everyone handles them?

13. I actually like having the range! People come in all shapes and sizes, so I like having the height/width difference between them all. I'd probably say my 60ish are my favorites otherwise. My SDs currently range from 58-66CM

14. I would say 60-70ishcm dolls are my preferred range. I will probably own one small one (the one I recently ordered) I don't feel I will have too many small ones because I do feel they are indeed quite small. Not that it is a bad thing or anything, I just prefer larger/weightier dolls. They don't feel heavy to me at all. :)

15. i like tiny dolls so far around the 20-30cm range. they're very cute and easy to have sitting around my desk, and i feel like friends/family have been more open to the idea of bjds because of this! the difficulty of making very tiny clothes has been one downside though haha. i am getting an MSD soon so we shall see how he compares. whenever i've seen SDs in person, they feel a little too big for me.

16. I personally like Slim MSD for clothing and prop options, because my town has a lot of porcelain doll makers I can buy props from them and the scale fits really well

17. I’m between either 40-50cm dolls to 60-70cm dolls. I love the smaller ones for more of a handheld experience and the bigger ones to be part of my life as taking shots of them with me or in nature.

18. SD !! I like big dolls:love

19. I’ve really enjoyed my MSD girl but I love my tiny pukifee too! I want dolls in all sizes but I think MSD is my favorite just because I find their size convenient. I also like their selection of clothing. Very easy to find cute outfits that fit.

20. I really like 60-70cm Dolls ♥
      I just love the heavy feeling and the presence of them.
      But i´m also love the little ones (smaller than YoSD), there mostly not so expensive and soooo cute :)