1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite doll size and why

Jan 14, 2010

1. I really like bigger dolls cause they are more realistic and more fun to customize XD

2. Slim msd mostly or 50cm max. I owned an SD girl and she was beautiful but i had nowhere to put her :( My Msd girls fit on my floating shelves nicely ^^

3. I love tinies, but that may change when I get my first MSD.

4. I have SD Dolls but it's very too heavy for me... so I think I prefer MSD size !

5. MSD or smaller. I only have a MSD at the moment and ao thankful I didn't order the SD as i still wasn't expecting the MSD to be as big as it was. MSD/yosd I also find easier to find props for. I might be biased though cause space is an issue :P

6. i love MSDs!! my first was a MSD and the doll i want most rn is also. i think they're just the right size-- i'm pretty small myself and i have like, baby hands lol, so i find SDs to be a bit of a handful. also .... MSD clothes are more affordable lol.

i kind of like how a puki fits into my hand, but they're just a bit too small for me clothes-wise .... that, and i prefer an older-looking doll.

7. 1/4 scale is and will always be my weakness.

8. Tinies are definitely my favorite. Especially mature tinies! The smallness is just so appealing to me, and I think bigger dolls can be overwhelming... Though there are some lovely sculpts of larger dolls, so sad.

9. Smaller SD, i really love the SD10 size, i had a mature msd before but i didn't enjoy her, i thought her face wasn't as detailed as the SD, yosd are nice but i like them to be little sibblings for my other dolls.

10. I honestly think I prefer MSD size over the others. They're big enough that you can have fun posing them an dressing them while having a good weight in your hands, but still small enough that you can fit more of them in your home if you have limited space.

11. I love MSDs so much - something about the size being the perfect marriage between detailing and portability. I thought about SDs because you can really get detailed with their looks/outfits but my husband and I decided that they're a little -too- big for our small apartment (all bets are off when we get a house, honey!). So for the meantime, I've been looking at MSDs who are still gorgeous and take up our coffee table in the dining room.

I just recently put in a preorder for a 29cm tiny BJD, though! I was drawn to her because of her articulation and possibly portability! I'm a little wary of what clothes she'll be able to fit in but I'll cross that bridge when I have her in my hands.

12. My favorites are the tinies! I don’t really want a big doll although I gotta admit MSD’s look pretty awesome in pictures. For some reason small things are just adorable to me and I have the impulse to want them. They’re just so small and precious, haha.

13. My first dolls were/are SDs, and I appreciate the size, heft, and scale of larger dolls. Sewing, sculpting, painting, EVERYTHING is easier when you have some room to work.

But... I think I'm a born miniature nut. Nothing really compares to the degree of joy that tiny things bring me. Almost immediately after buying my second large doll, I started a layaway for a tiny. Every other doll on my (very short) wishlist is under 25 cm.

14. I used to have SD but yosd is my favorite size. SD is pretty heavy especially SD70 size is humongous so SD17 feels much lighter. However yosd is small, easy to pose, and easy to carry out! but I dont have Yosd lol..

15. I like YoSD dolls best (though I don't have one of my own at the moment.)
      I think that they're a nice size to work with, and that they're super adorable! Plus, I can carry them around for quite a while, without getting tired!

16. I'm definitely all the way in the 70cm camp. After discovering the clothing selection is slightly limited for the bigger sizes, I kept trying to find a 60cm doll I liked, but when it comes down to choosing, each doll has been taller than the last. I love the feeling of hoisting a heavy doll up and the way they're more like little people than toys. My little roommates. :lol:

17. I just recently got my first yosd and really only handled msd size and I love my yosd to pieces , she is so adorable and my mother in-law has some puki puki and I’m in love with the tunes now but still love my msd

18. I love tiny dolls, all tinies, but also I like to have one of each size. I really like to hybrid what is in my mind.
      Maybe one day I will try to make my own

19. I prefer larger dolls (probably 60+ and up) just cause like everyone else mentioned, they are easier to sew clothes and make accessories for. The size also makes dolls seem more like humans but they are heavy and take a lot of space. :lol:

20. Well, I came into BJDs after years of collecting 18 inch vinyl play dolls. (I still collect them, actually. They're one of my favorite things ever.) So I tend to be a little biased towards MSD-sized dolls. They're generally quite light, they can sit in the palm of my hand or the crook of my arm and they take up a similar amount of space as my 18 inch dolls do height-wise so all of my doll shelves that were built for 18 inch dolls can house them as well. That said, I also really love tinies. I can fit four or five tinies in a little diorama like set up that takes up about the same space as one larger doll. I also like being able to have the whole doll fit mostly in one hand. It's just a fun feeling. The only sizes that I don't really own are YoSD and SD and larger. YoSD isn't for any particular reason. I like the size perfectly well. I just haven't come across one that I want yet. SD though.... originally I very into the idea of SD-sized dolls, it just so happened that my first doll was an MSD, but then at a party, I was given a chance to hold and play with an EID woman doll and I decided right then and there that SDs were not for me. Now, granted, EID women are extremely hefty in comparison to smaller SDs like a Volks SD10, and I certainly can't say that I would never own one of the smaller SDs. (Because I'm kind of planning for one at the moment.) Depending on the company, they're not THAT heavy. They're also a little harder for me to find space for, since my shelves aren't really built for dolls that tall. Regardless, I don't really detest any particular size. I would give most sizes a chance.